I stayed here for business on Wednesday night. I checked in very easily and was told my room number, I wasn't warned that my room was on the top floor, furthest from the lifts, it was a fair old slog mad worse by the fact it was a boiling hot day. By the time I got to my room I was melting with the heat and my heart sank when I realised the air con wasn't really working, even on full, the cold air being blown out was minimal and made no difference to the temperature of the room.
After trying to open the windows (that were screwed shut) I attempted to log on to the wifi as I had no internet signal on my phone. This didn't work which was very annoying.
I ordered room service and had the steak and ale pie, it came very quick and tasty delicious, I couldn't fault the food at all.
I did not have a good night's sleep as the room was so unbearably hot, I ended up getting up in the night to have a cold shower.
I did mention when I checked out that there was no wifi in my room and they said they had problems with it from my room, I wish they had told me that when I got there.
The hotel was 'ok', I wouldn't go out of my way to go back there again, I would probably try one of the neighbouring hotels.
One last thing, the breakfact was amazing, loads to choose from, buffet style, very friendly staff and it set me up for the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the River Avon and set in beautiful landscaped gardens, the Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon is the perfect location for discovering the delights of Shakespeare's birthplace, while other local attractions and historical sites are within walking distance. The hotel is within easy reach of J15 off the M40 and 20 miles from Birmingham Airport and the NEC and only a short drive from the amazing Warwick Castle. All 259 refurbished bedrooms have air-conditioning, wireless internet access and tea and coffee making facilities. Car parking is available at the hotel with over 300 spaces on site. Renowned as an excellent meeting and conference venue and with the impressively modernised Ballroom with adjoining exhibition areas Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon can host events for up to 550 delegates. To dine in style, the Terrace Lounge and Bar and the Riverside Restaurant offer excellent food to suit all tastes. Or to really unwind and recuperate, the leisure club is available for all guests to use with a wide range of first class facilities including a fully equipped gymnasium, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and whirlpool. Discover Stratford-upon-Avon and visit the many nearby places of interest including the National Exhibition Centre, The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Warwickshire and the Heritage Motor Centre. The Hotel, in compliance with UK smoking regulations, is completley non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Holiday Inn