“Wonderful evening at terrace lounge”

Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I was at the hotel terrace with my friend , it was wonderdul location. Every team member was attentive ,smiling and paying attention to the details. I would like to come back again to enjoy the location and wonderful treatment .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
HISUA, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Rakesh S

Delighted you enjoyed our staff and managed to get some time to enjoy the terrace, We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife & I stayed at the Holiday Inn Stratford on Avon & once again enjoyed our stay at this hotel
Parked in private car park,no problem check in was good,Receptionist very helpfful & friendly as were ALL the staff through-out the hotel.
The hotel has had a make over since our last visit & we were both impressed with what has been done with reception,lounge,bar,restaurant & the outside has had lovely job done on it,what with new seating & covered decking area,enjoyed once again sitting by the river relaxing.. Well done ALL at this hotel & we look forward to returning soon.. :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hoppo231

Dear hoppo231

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, I have shared your comments with my team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay with us

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel in Stratford Upon Avon. Had a great time in the Terrace Bar facing the Avon river. Very professional food & beverage staff - Manager Arvind was very attentive. Keep up the good work. Thx

1  Thank RPoyrekar

Dear RPoyrekar

Thank you for your review. I will pass on your lovely comments to Arvind, I’m sure he will be very pleased hid professionalism was noticed.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel in Sep 2013 for 1 night as a base to attend a family event. Check in was very easy and fast. Staff very helpful and polite.
My room was at the back of the hotel. The room was standard, clean and had the facilities that I needed. Tea coffee making facilities and an ok bathroom. The room was slightly dark but I was not bothered as I only used it to sleep in after the family party.
The bar area was nice looking over the river Avon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Hull1983

I am delighted that you had a great time with us in September last year. Thanks for your review

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just a one night stop here and we were very happy with our choice. The hotel is working through an entire refurbishment programme and the completed main spaces look fantastic. We were there in February and I can imagine it will be brilliant out on the deck by the river now we have some sun here in the UK!

Our room had not yet been updated, only a few had but when they are finished they are going to be very nice indeed. So, basic room for us this time, but comfortable so no issues there.

One slight issue on the disabled access front - the main lifts broke down and there was no alternative to get to our room other than the service lift so it was fortunate that a member of staff was found to guide us through the back-stage maze to find it.

Great deal in the restaurant and the food was very good from a well thought out and tempting menu. Breakfast was also good, with a wide selection and cooked to order options included in the room price.

I will definitely make a point of visiting this hotel again when the refurbishments have finished and preferably in the Summer to get the full effect!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear aengusmum
Thank you for your review of your stay in February. Since you stayed we have completed the refurbishment of our front entrance to the hotel to include a new and more easily accessible ramp into the hotel. I was disappoint to read that the guest lifts broke down during your stay, however I am very pleased that our team were able to assist you by the use of our service lifts to ensure you could get back to your room. We hope you return to the hotel so see the further improvements we have made to the hotel.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I left the MacDonald's Swan Nest Hotel mid-stay due to the unhelpful immediate management staff suggesting I was the problem (I just wanted the aircon to stay on throughout the night!), and checked into the Holiday Inn. What a difference in reception! At the Holiday Inn they were friendly, helpful and attentive. A smile makes a difference between the 2 hotels.

I requested a quiet, cold room.

Provided a standard room in a quiet location overlooking the river. Unfortunately the aircon was warm. Complained and first time round, nothing was done. Complained second time round and management sorted this out promptly. They have promised me that when I return I will have a quiet, cold room from the start :) so that I can revise my opinions of the room and sleep quality.

Other things:
----------------
Breakfast: Buffet style - ok. Waiting staff were friendly.
Restaurant setting: Overlooks the river with outdoor seating
Fitness suite: Had classes that cater for an active audience + swimming pool. Also there is a peaceful run (@3-5K) round the back of the hotel along the river.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Business T

Dear Business T

Great to hear the feedback, thank you for your kind comments about our staff. I’m very glad our team were able to fix the air conditioning in your room to ensure your room remains cool. I have every confidence that the next time you stay with us these issues will not be present.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nicely located alongside the River Avon close to the centre of Stratford, large car park outside the front entrance leads to a spacious lobby, beyond which are the fitness club (not visited,bar and restaurant with outside terrace.
Our room was on the second floor of three, it was a twin room with 2 single beds, wardrobe, 2 chairs, small table and vanity unit with 2 drawers.
A couple of faded stains were visible on the carpet and both chairs appeared to have been stained with bleach.
In the bathroom was sink, toilet, and bath with over-bath shower, a couple of body hairs were found in the bath, the sink overflow could have done with some bleach rather than the chairs, the shower head leaked badly causing a puddle on the floor if you weren't creative enough with the shower curtain, the bathroom extractor didn't work which turned the bathroom into a sauna every time the shower was used.
The quilts were only just as wide as the bed and invariably ended up on the floor every time you turned over!
However breakfast was pleasing with a vast range available of cereals, fruit, cold meats, Danish pastries, yoghurt and the full English. Staff in the dining area were very attentive and helpful, plates and bowls were quickly cleaned away and nothing appeared to be too much trouble.
Overall the public areas were very clean and tidy and overall a good impression was made, apart from the few niggles with our room.
We would be happy to return again.

1  Thank Phil H

Dear Phil H

Thank You for completing a review of the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies that you found your Bedroom to be a little disappointing. I have discussed your comments with the housekeeping and maintenance managers and we have taken the action necessary to ensure issues such as yours are addressed immediately. We hope you do indeed stay with us again.