Yesterday I took my elderly Mother and my daughter to lunch at the Terrace Bar and was disappointed. Whilst the refurbishment of the ground floor and grounds outside is lovely, contemporary, modern and comfortable and promises much, we ordered 3 soft drinks, 3 sandwiches, 1 bowl of soup and some onion rings - hardly complex and yet we had to wait over 45 minutes for the meal which was average in both flavour and presentation and nothing more - my mother rated her soup and sandwich 6/10. Whilst the staff were polite, the whole service was frustratingly slow and when we arrived just after 12.30 the area was not busy or even full. The final straw was departing from the carpark. I went to the exit only to find my car parking ticket did not open the barrier - why because I had not paid the car park fee. Having to reverse and then actually find the area inside where there was a machine for the ticket was also not well signposted. However to then find I was charged £3.00 for my visit was the final insult had it been a couple of minutes later it would have cost me £6.00, I wrongly assumed that as a user of the hotel services my receipt for the meal would have been sufficient to negate my having to pay to park there the same way you can park at a pub car park for free to use their facilities. This is not the case. Neither was the car parking machine anywhere near the reception in the hotel. If it was I should have complained then, but I had an elderly relative sat in a hot car!! The average menu and food for the prices, plus the extensive wait ( albeit in pleasant surroundings) together with having to pay to park there means I will not be going back in a hurry and nor will I be recommending this to others. Very disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the River Avon and set in beautiful landscaped gardens, the Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon is the perfect location for discovering the delights of Shakespeare's birthplace, while other local attractions and historical sites are within walking distance. The hotel is within easy reach of J15 off the M40 and 20 miles from Birmingham Airport and the NEC and only a short drive from the amazing Warwick Castle. All 259 refurbished bedrooms have air-conditioning, wireless internet access and tea and coffee making facilities. Car parking is available at the hotel with over 300 spaces on site. Renowned as an excellent meeting and conference venue and with the impressively modernised Ballroom with adjoining exhibition areas Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon can host events for up to 550 delegates. To dine in style, the Terrace Lounge and Bar and the Riverside Restaurant offer excellent food to suit all tastes. Or to really unwind and recuperate, the leisure club is available for all guests to use with a wide range of first class facilities including a fully equipped gymnasium, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and whirlpool. Discover Stratford-upon-Avon and visit the many nearby places of interest including the National Exhibition Centre, The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Warwickshire and the Heritage Motor Centre. The Hotel, in compliance with UK smoking regulations, is completley non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Holiday Inn