This is our first stay at the hotel for three years and since then they have finished their renovations.
I was really pleased to see that they have increased the number of disabled badge car park places.
Check-in went smoothly and the receptionists were very friendly and helpful especially when I needed to know where the nearest Walk In Centre was.
Since the last time we stayed here they have completely refurbished the bedrooms and they're lovely. The bathroom was spotless. The bedroom furniture wasn't dark and dingy like the last time. If I had to criticize the bedroom it would be for two reasons. The TV was quite big and bulky - most hotels have now gone for flat screen TV's, and there wasn't any biscuits in the hospitality tray. Picky I know but you do get both of these things in budget hotels.
Other than breakfast we didn't eat in the restaurant. However at the time of our stay they were offering a really good deal should you wished to dine in their restaurant (we're not a big fan of carverys so went to the Red Lion over the road...). Breakfast was splendid and very fresh. Again if you were staying room only they had a great deal for Breakfast.
They have a large bar and lounge and the bar prices were on the high side but that's standard for hotels. However on arrival we were given a book of discount vouchers for the bar and restaurant which softened the blow of the high prices a little.
Because of the location of the hotel being next to the river and the extensive grounds they have, the hotel was plagued with little flies which was extremely irritating. Instead of having a relaxing drink in the lounge, we spent our time wafting the flies away and had to leave two drinks because of flies landing in them (not nice...). We weren't the only ones to find this annoying. One couple did complain but was told it was just one of those things.
Although there is a car parking charge of £5 per stay, given it's central location, I think that was very good value.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, though next time we might stay a little later or earlier in the year to avoid the pesky flies....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the River Avon and set in beautiful landscaped gardens, the Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon is the perfect location for discovering the delights of Shakespeare's birthplace, while other local attractions and historical sites are within walking distance. The hotel is within easy reach of J15 off the M40 and 20 miles from Birmingham Airport and the NEC and only a short drive from the amazing Warwick Castle. All 259 refurbished bedrooms have air-conditioning, wireless internet access and tea and coffee making facilities. Car parking is available at the hotel with over 300 spaces on site. Renowned as an excellent meeting and conference venue and with the impressively modernised Ballroom with adjoining exhibition areas Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon can host events for up to 550 delegates. To dine in style, the Terrace Lounge and Bar and the Riverside Restaurant offer excellent food to suit all tastes. Or to really unwind and recuperate, the leisure club is available for all guests to use with a wide range of first class facilities including a fully equipped gymnasium, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and whirlpool. Discover Stratford-upon-Avon and visit the many nearby places of interest including the National Exhibition Centre, The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Warwickshire and the Heritage Motor Centre. The Hotel, in compliance with UK smoking regulations, is completley non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Holiday Inn