You can’t get much more central!. On an inlet to the river Avon and only a couple of minutes stroll to the Canal basin, River and town itself. Short river trips leave from the Hotel (seasonal) and the open top buses leave from the near by TIC.
We have stayed here loads of times, mainly my Wife on business, but leisure trips to!. It’s one of the better Holiday Inn’s, friendly Reception, good rooms etc, once in you could be in any Holiday Inn though. Always clean. Plenty of car parking, one fee per visit not per day. Smoking rooms are on the Second floor so we ask for a room on the 1st or 3rd floor. The corridors are really long on each floor. If you do have mobility problems do try to get a room close to the lifts.
If your rate does not include breakfast ask for a voucher at reception, you will save money. Breakfast is a buffet arrangement, the usual. Used room service on the rare occasion which is ok. With so many restaurants close by we don’t have dinner in the Hotel. The Oppo & Café Rouge are good, so is the new Strada which we visited twice on our last trip (where the Pizza hut was). For a nice lunch we go to the Crabtree & Evelyn tearooms, very nice, gluten free cakes to.
Probably score Hotel 3.5 to be honest. Sometimes the hotel is over run by conferences which makes for an annoying experience sometimes. It is a big hotel so bear this in mind. So on balance I’d score it a 3.
BTW the TIC sells a good little book detailing local walks which is really handy, some nice walks, book its about £2.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the River Avon and set in beautiful landscaped gardens, the Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon is the perfect location for discovering the delights of Shakespeare's birthplace, while other local attractions and historical sites are within walking distance. The hotel is within easy reach of J15 off the M40 and 20 miles from Birmingham Airport and the NEC and only a short drive from the amazing Warwick Castle. All 259 refurbished bedrooms have air-conditioning, wireless internet access and tea and coffee making facilities. Car parking is available at the hotel with over 300 spaces on site. Renowned as an excellent meeting and conference venue and with the impressively modernised Ballroom with adjoining exhibition areas Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon can host events for up to 550 delegates. To dine in style, the Terrace Lounge and Bar and the Riverside Restaurant offer excellent food to suit all tastes. Or to really unwind and recuperate, the leisure club is available for all guests to use with a wide range of first class facilities including a fully equipped gymnasium, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and whirlpool. Discover Stratford-upon-Avon and visit the many nearby places of interest including the National Exhibition Centre, The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Warwickshire and the Heritage Motor Centre. The Hotel, in compliance with UK smoking regulations, is completley non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Holiday Inn