I travelled to this hotel for a conference in November, and was pleased with the ease of finding it's location and the secure, on site parking. The location is excellent, right on the edge of Stratford town, next to the river. The welcome in the foyer was polite and friendly, and the lady at reception was chatty and informative, just what you need whena rriving in a place you haven't stayed in before.
The room itself was generous and very comfortable, I stayed in an executive room and this had a large bed with good, firm pillows and a pillow menu for those with more selective tastes in where they lay their head. There was a selection of magazines and the room was well stocked with drinks and snacks at more than reasonable prices. Although there was a fairly busy main road and pubs nearby, the room was quiet all night.
The only slight negative I have is the quality of food, although this may be because we were conference delegates rather than usual guests. On the evening we had a full Christmas dinner (despite the fact that it was mid November!) including crackers and a DJ playing Christmas songs, which was slightly bizarre. The food was certainly edible but nothing to write home about, though the breakfast the next morning was a good spread with lots of choice and obviously fresh from the kitchens.
All in all, a positive experience, and I would definitely go there again, for pleasure rather than business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the River Avon and set in beautiful landscaped gardens, the Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon is the perfect location for discovering the delights of Shakespeare's birthplace, while other local attractions and historical sites are within walking distance. The hotel is within easy reach of J15 off the M40 and 20 miles from Birmingham Airport and the NEC and only a short drive from the amazing Warwick Castle. All 259 refurbished bedrooms have air-conditioning, wireless internet access and tea and coffee making facilities. Car parking is available at the hotel with over 300 spaces on site. Renowned as an excellent meeting and conference venue and with the impressively modernised Ballroom with adjoining exhibition areas Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon can host events for up to 550 delegates. To dine in style, the Terrace Lounge and Bar and the Riverside Restaurant offer excellent food to suit all tastes. Or to really unwind and recuperate, the leisure club is available for all guests to use with a wide range of first class facilities including a fully equipped gymnasium, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and whirlpool. Discover Stratford-upon-Avon and visit the many nearby places of interest including the National Exhibition Centre, The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Warwickshire and the Heritage Motor Centre. The Hotel, in compliance with UK smoking regulations, is completley non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, IHG, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Holiday Inn