We stayed here for a large conference at the end of February. It really is a superb hotel for such an event.
Check in was fast - but my it's a long way to some of the rooms from reception - some of the corridors seem endless!
Room was very good, comfortable and with an opening window. Bed was large and comfortable and bedding was clean and altogether good.
The bathroom had a poor shower that you had to hold up over the bath - not impressed with that at all. A hotel of that standard should have a proper shower.
Towels were white and quite fluffy.
The loo paper was cheap & nasty - it's little things like that which let a place down.
Room walls are thin - we discovered this at 2am when our neighbours returned and had an almighty row...until 3am :-(
Not the hotel's fault but we heard every word :-(
The hairdryer could have done with a diffuser and the tea/coffee tray with the odd biscuit.
Leisure club was very good. Plenty of coffee available throughout the hotel.
Restaurant was EXCELLENT - fabulous carvery. Breakfast was also first class.
All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Stratford. It is conveniently located and easy to find.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the River Avon and set in beautiful landscaped gardens, the Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon is the perfect location for discovering the delights of Shakespeare's birthplace, while other local attractions and historical sites are within walking distance. The hotel is within easy reach of J15 off the M40 and 20 miles from Birmingham Airport and the NEC and only a short drive from the amazing Warwick Castle. All 259 refurbished bedrooms have air-conditioning, wireless internet access and tea and coffee making facilities. Car parking is available at the hotel with over 300 spaces on site. Renowned as an excellent meeting and conference venue and with the impressively modernised Ballroom with adjoining exhibition areas Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon can host events for up to 550 delegates. To dine in style, the Terrace Lounge and Bar and the Riverside Restaurant offer excellent food to suit all tastes. Or to really unwind and recuperate, the leisure club is available for all guests to use with a wide range of first class facilities including a fully equipped gymnasium, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and whirlpool. Discover Stratford-upon-Avon and visit the many nearby places of interest including the National Exhibition Centre, The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Warwickshire and the Heritage Motor Centre. The Hotel, in compliance with UK smoking regulations, is completley non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Holiday Inn