“Great Hotel”

The Stratford, A QHotel
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Great central location, beautiful room, well appointed and attentive staff. I wouldn't hesitate in staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Simon C

I am delighted you had a great time with us and look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Hello,
have had many a happy stay at the |Stratford Hotel over many years.
For the first time ever I received a £5 car park charge which I was not impresssed with.
I have since phoned the hotel and told them about my disatisfaction. They inform me they will look into it but have not heard back as yet.
For a long standing customer like myself I feel disapointed.

BR.............Mal McNaught

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Malcolm M

Thank you for your review and feedback and sincere apologies that you have not been contacted with regards to your car parking charge. I am aware that the Front Office Manager Michael McMurray had been trying to contact one of our guests and unfortunately it would appear that the number we have is incorrect. This could possibly be you and I would be grateful if you could contact him directly as we would then be able to resolve this situation. Thank you again for raising this situation and I have no doubt we will be able to ensure a quick resolution.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

The service was excellent, very friendly staff overall, helpful by ordering us a taxi even when it did'nt turn up on time they rang through to chase them up on our behalf without any prompting or encouragement, good quality room that was tidy / clean / well equipt with a nice decor, Generally as good a stay as the Hilton & better than the marriott but could could improve on the quality of the breakfast as this was the only downfall by poor pressentation and slightly overcooked food kept in an over heated food warmer / heater. But all in all great value for money and we will return again thankyou

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

LouiseB186460

Thank you for your review and feedback.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Myself and my husband recently stayed here for New Years Eve and did really enjoy it accept for the vicinity of our room to the guest lifts - right outside our room! For the premium we paid (over £200) even for New Years I would have expected a quieter room.

Aside from that gripe, the room was a good size with a flat screen, large comfortable bed, wi-fi, bathrobes, large clean bathroom, etc.

The service was also very good - attentive and friendly staff with a late breakfast and late checkout offered on New Years Day.

Excellent location - 5 mins (if that) into town with the sights, shops, restaurants, pubs all available.

Overall, would recommend but just ask not to be near lifts as can be noisy (even when your making allowances).

• Stayed: December 2011

Maria Richards

Thank you for your recent review and feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your new years stay, however I am sorry that you were disturbed by the lifts. I would be delighted to offer you a complimentary upgrade on your next stay as a gesture of goodwill subject to availability. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

we came to this hotel to celabrate new yr, we booked the gala dinner because we went last yr and it was very good,why cant these hotels have any consistancy as this yr the gala meal was dredful, my partners meal was cold he sent it back, when it was returned it was still cold!!! And we werent the only guests on our table to complain my vegetables were also cold.
my partner spoke to the resturant manager who would just keep saying "sorry" with no immediate action. we tryed to not let this spoil our entire evening so we progressed into the evening "do" bringing in 2012. thankfully breakfast the following morning was until 12noon so we were both looking forward to that... buffet breakfast and yes it was stone cold, my partner was really cross and told the staff to take both meals away, a differant manager this time offered to bring out 2 more breakfasts my partner declined but i had mine.. which again was cold, and at that point we left the hotel and went into town for a hot breakfast, (quicklys).
we now wait to hear from the hotel manager, we will not be going back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: all rooms good

Sarah M

Thank you for your feedback following the recent New Years Eve event. I can once again only apologise for the disappointment. Having seen all the food leave the hot plate from the oven I was surprised to learn of the food quality and temperature issues. It would appear that on this occasion there was a specific issue isolated to one table party as I have received compliments from many guests. This should not have happened and please be assured that I will continue to monitor this.
With regards to breakfast on New Years day, we did serve a large number of breakfasts from the buffet without any feedback with regards to temperature, I am unable to now explain why this issue arose from the buffet items but do agree that all food should be served hot. I have been made aware that when the breakfast was changed the chef made a mistake with the items that were served. This is completely unacceptable and once again I find myself apologising. Please be assured that the appropriate re-training will be undertaken to avoid such a situation arising in the future.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a two night break between Christmas and new year. It was the first time we had stayed at a Q hotel being impressed by their web site. The location is very central and excellent for walking into town. There is plenty of parking something which is in very short supply in the town. We upgraded to a superior room. The room like all Q hotels is a bit masculine but very spacious and well equipped. There was a fridge, safety deposit box, bath robes and a very large king size bed. The bathroom although not massive was modern and very well stocked. It was light with lots of mirrors. Ideal for putting on make up (my wife). This is a common complaint of my wife even at good hotels. Everything was modern and spotlessly clean.

The food both breakfast and dinner was excellent with no supplements on the dinner menu and the wine reasonably priced.

Service throughout was efficient, helpful and friendly.

No comment on the gym I tend to avoid such things

I would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to trying other Q hotels

Room Tip: Superior room was excellent can't say about standard rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2011

Fgwilson

Thank you for your fantastic review. I am delighted you enjoyed your Q experience. You can find details about our Breakaway club on-line should you wish to use Q Hotels for breaks it would be a great idea to join and get all the benefits.

Reviewed 27 December 2011

We stayed at The Straford for just one night and found the hotel to be excellent. The room was extremely spacious, clean and had obviously been planned by a woman, since everything was in the right place!!!! The breakfast was something to behold; we have stayed in many hotels, but never seen a self service breakfast with so much choice. The staff were lovely and the location is ideal with a short walk into the town centre. Would recommend without heistation.

Room Tip: We had Room 212 - a pure delight.
1  Thank Tommytiddles
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2011

Tommytiddles

Thank you for a fantastic review and yes the interior designer was a woman! I do hope we can welcome you back in the new year.