“Great service”

The Stratford, A QHotel
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Just stayed at this hotel for a couple of days and i have to say the service was first class, the rooms clean and tidy and the quality of food was excellent, the hotel is pretty much in the centre of town and there is ample parking, the mini gym is just what it is "mini" with a couple of treadmills, a bike and some weights.
Bedrooms were air con, comfy and modern with a good shower installed.
I would book this hotel again, thanks for the service and special thanks to Desmond who "wants to ensure everything is ok" for you at all times!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

1967Mark

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your say with us at The Stratford. I know Desmond will be so pleased to read the comments about his service. I will ensure he is made aware.

Annie Brown

Write a ReviewReviews (2,159)

Reviewed 30 January 2012

If you are mainly visiting for the theatre and other attractions in Stratford and you like to park your car when you get there, then not use it again until you go home, this is the ideal hotel. Room was excellent, staff were very polite and helpful.
The only extra thing we would have liked was some kind of ipod dock on which to play our music (quietly 0f course!)

Carole F.

1  Thank Carole F
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Carol F

I am delighted you were able to enjoy your stay and time in Stratford. We have available on line at The Stratford new theatre breaks bookable directly with us for this July and August. Have a look at the deals available and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

It was my thrid time staying here. I was the guest speaker for a conference and was deklighted when they told ne where the event was being held. The staff at hsi hotel are wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble. They are courteous and friendly but not overly so giving a very profrssional approach to their service. The food for both the conference dinner and breakfast was lovely especially when chef produced two perfect poached eggs (not available on the servery) for my brekkie. My bedroom was beautful decoarted with a perfect snuggly duvet and Pecksnif bathroom products - another winner. Generally the hotel was very clean with good attention to detail. I am a 'very hard to please' guest but this one did it for me.

Room Tip: room 341 was lovely.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynn W
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Lyn W W

I am delighted that your stay at The Stratford again delivered to your expectations and I do hope we continue to be able to welcome you back. Thank you for a fantastic review.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

I have to say this was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. I decided to take advantage of the 40% off deal and booked a couple of nights in a superior room to break up the misery that is January. All I can say is that my boyfriend and I had the most amazing weekend from the moment we walked in and were greeted by the lovely lad at reception (I cant remember his name unfortunately) who gave us a map of Stratford and also gave us directions to Warwick catsle - a much recommended day out if you havent already been. The staff are just incredibly friendly which really makes all the difference. The room was spotless and was beautifully decorated, the beds were so comfortable and the whole room was very spacious. On the first night we went to the theatre and we were able to eat at the Quills restaurant (a bit pricey we thought but then we are only in our mid-twenties and are more used to student food), we were able to pre-order our food so we didnt have a long wait and they even held our desserts for us until after the performance - they brought it to our room when we asked and it seemed that nothing was too much trouble for them. The food itself, by the way, is incredible - including the breakfasts which was a much better experience than some breakfasts I've had at other hotels - I didnt go for the cooked breakfast (New Year Resolution) but there was plenty of choice and nothing EVER ran out. Even on the Sunday morning when things got a bit busy and hectic the staff were still friendly and smiling like it was their pleasure to serve you.

The only blip was a power cut on the Sunday morning so we didnt have any hot water, but we were offered a late check-out because of this which is all they could do under the unfortunate circumstances. It really didnt spoil our impression of the hotel though.

Would recommend highly!

Room Tip: Definitely worth the upgrade to a superior room
1  Thank kitten23_11
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Kitten23_11

Thank you for your kind comments the team will be delighted with this feedback. I do hope we are able to welcome you back as we will have other special promotions running through the year. We are about to launch our theatre breaks directly for this July and August please check this out on line. I hope we can welcome you back to The Stratford.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I have to admit that we stayed here back in 2009 (not 2011) so my review is from a far and distant BUT very good memory!

On arrival the hotel is lovely and grand from outside and inside the grandness continues. The hotel has been beautifully decorated throughout in a lovely modern decor that is both inviting and welcoming.

We upgraded to an Executive room which was lovely and spacious with a large bed and lounge area. We had dinner in the restaurant which, although very quiet and expensive, the food was outstanding and the service excellent.

The hotel is also well located within walking distant to the center of Stratford Upon Avon and as it's set within it's own grounds there was no traffic noise from outside.

Overall, we had a lovely stay here and I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Youngatheart73

We are delighted that you have decided to post your review of your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time and I hope you decide to return soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Had a weekend away,and selected Stratford Upon Avon as destination, the only problem was to decide on town centre or a couple of miles out. We finally went for town centre, and were very pleased with The Stratford, with respect to location. Easy to find, and good sized car park (£5 per night fee, but well publicised on website).
We booked a superior room, and was well worth the little extra. Nice big room, free water in fridge and bath robes. We were on 1st floor (room 224) and was very good. Only niggle was that it was almost directly over the smokers spot, which caused a little bit of noise, especially between 9:00 and 11:00PM, but overall the room was quiet, as it was also overlooking rear car park.
With respect to food, we only had breakfast for the 2 days we stayed, which was very good. Full choice of fruit juices, fruits, meat and cheese (limited choice), porridge, pastries and Full English, all self service. There was also a 'to order' choice as well, which we didn't utilise. The service was excellent, clearing plates up quickly and serving tea and coffee within minutes of sitting down. It has to be said that there was a fairly lengthy queue for tables on Sunday morning, as all were full, but those who had tables were not rushed.
The service from all staff was very good, and polite, all with a smile, and it's not too much trouble attitude.
We booked a special deal off their website, which was very good value (£74.50 per night per room B&B) although it looks like it is much higher in peak periods, which obviously decreases the value, although it is a very nice hotel.
Another note. The hotel seemed quite new in furniture and room decoration, however, the carpet in the corridor looked dingy, although on second look, it just seemed to need a good clean.

Room Tip: Rooms certainly seemed to be quieter on the rear, but rooms 225 and 224 may suffer from slight noise...
1  Thank Draycott18

Tony W

A Fantastic review thank you and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Stratford. Greta feedback about breakfast I will ensure the team are made aware.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Aside from the slow check-in process and somewhat rude check-in staff it has to be said that this Q Hotel cannot be faulted. The bedrooms are well maintained, bathrooms are modern and dirt-free (always a plus) and the Queen bed I had was so comfortable I felt I could have slept in it for days.

Internet in the hotel is very good and was free, which made working from my room very easy and the public areas were all well-maintained.

The dinners at the hotel leave a little to be desired, however this could be because we were eating as part of a function (events never bode well for catering)...although it has to be said that there was a varied breakfast, definitely enjoyed.

Overall a pleasant stay and a hotel I would visit again...the beds really were that good.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are away from any news that may be caused by functions going on in the me...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank titans123

Titans123

I was disappointed to read about your check-in experience and would be grateful if there was any further information you could share with me directly to enable me to investigate this further. Thank you for your review and I do hope we are able to welcome you back in the future.