“Great hotel”

The Stratford, A QHotel
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Been to this hotel twice now. Great location for the town. Hotel spotless, service great.

1  Thank ginam84
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Ginam84

We have just launched our theatre breaks direct on our web site for this summer. I do hope we will welcome you back again and thank your for your return business and lovely comments.

Annie Brown

Write a ReviewReviews (2,193)

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed at the Statford for a weekend break with some friends.In my humble opinion it is one of the best hotels we have stayed in.Helpfull staff, Large rooms with comfy bed and great breakfast.My only bugbare is one it shares now with alot of hotels is the stupid toast machine.Hotels PLEASE bring toast to tables as it used to be. Would get rid of the queues at
the dammed machine and stop the people hogging it as if toast was a novelty.
Location could not be better as it is only a two minute walk into town,and the open topped bus stops outside if you want to do the tour.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sarah_4paul

Sarah_4paul

Thank you for a fantastic review and feedback. I do hope we are able to welcome you back to The Stratford in the future.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Excellent stay for 3 nights for a recent conference. Bedroom/bathroom facilities were spotless and all staff were helpful without hesitation.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong - butperhaps ask for a room with a sceneric outlook.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Medimax

I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us through your recent business trip. I do hope we can welcome you back for a leisure stay soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Just come back from The Stratford. It was absolutely super from start to finish. I went for the weekend with a relative so plumped for a regular twin room. There was nothing regular about it. Roomy, big twin beds, lovely decor, plenty of hanging space and a nice bathroom.
The reception staff were helpful, even lending us a guidebook for the weekend so we could explore the delights of Stratford.
Breakfast was great and I even got my healthy option of poached eggs on toast.
The location is great too - less than ten mins to the centre but plenty of local restaurants near by even if you didn't want to venture that far.
All in all, a great value lovely hotel.
We'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Kay_Mck

Thank you for a fantastic review. I am delighted the team looked after you well and you enjoyed Stratford.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have stayed in other Q Hotels - this one manages to be just as chic and stylish, whilst having a very friendly atmosphere. The staff were helpful and kind. The room was the perfect blend of cosiness and quality. It is in a great location too - highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

AMH714

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at The Stratford and hope to welcome you back. Thank you for the great review.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

In my last review I said I would go back and I did. Just come back from the Stratford hotel and again had a wonderful time. Book an online special £130 b+b for 2 nights for 2 people absolute bargain! Quick check in was given room 305 top floor at the front of hotel. Lovely room again very comfy king size bed, tv with free films, payable other style films. Room spotless, has 2 chairs table safe wardrobe and drawers hairdryer and mini fridge (so take your own champagne) bathroom bath with shower above hot and powerful love the shower complimentary shampoo shower gel and soap also spotless. Hotel is a 5 min walk to the centre of stratford passing many bars and eateries. We ate in the hotel the second night they had an offer on £25.00 a head 3 course plus a bottle of wine had a great choice on menu, food was stunning. Breakfast is just as good a choice of fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals, croissants, full English. The staff are so helpful nothing to much trouble. They will point you in the right direction to all the tourist spots and they even offer you a guide book if needed. This time we stayed on the top floor at the front of the hotel I would recommend staying at the back of the hotel on the 2nd floor as it is quieter. I will definitely go back to this hotel. Go on book you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor at the back of the hotel. Quieter
1  Thank NewportTaffy

NewportTaffy

Thank you for a fantastic review. I hope we will see you again. Thank you for your recommendation.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed at The Stratford for one night. The superior room we booked was fantastic, could not fault anything. The hotel is in a great location, within 5 min of the main town. We decided to have dinner in the hotel, wasn't impressed. Food was average, not what I would expect from a 4 star hotel. We decided on our choice of wine, the waitress did her best to change our mind... Needless to say, a lot more expensive! The service was very rushed and not the relaxing evening I had hoped for. The breakfast was lovely, lots of choice. I would recommend this hotel but would suggest dinner at one of the many restaurants in Stratford.

Jan054

Thank you for your review. I was pleased you enjoyed your stay, however disappointed that your dining experience didn't reflect that of the rest of your stay. We are currently investigating this further to ensure the appropriate action can be taken. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future and I would be happy to offer a complimentary bottle of wine with your meal should your stay take place in 2012 as a gesture of goodwill.