Arriving at The Stratford on a miserable damp Sunday evening and being greeted by a cheerful helpful receptionist made a good start to our few days away.
Our accommodation was roomy and comfortably equiped (fridge with milk, tea/coffee, sofa, bath-robes ...etc), bed was large & comfy and room had more storage space than we were ever going to need for a few days stay. Only downside - given the room (a Q*) thought the bathroom was small and cramped in size.
We opted to eat from the bar menu on our first night, like eating inhouse in most hotels this was a little pricey but the food was good and service quick. There had been a function the previous evening and the choice of bottle drinks available was restricted but for the bartender nothing was too much trouble and he managed to produce requested drinks from elsewhere. We only used the hotel restaurant for the buffet style breakfasts - which although offered a choice and hot food was replenished frequently it was a little disappointing in lack of variety especially if you are there for more than a couple of days. However the staff were polite, efficient and it was service with a smile.
As we found throughout our stay - all the staff were helpful & friendly - we asked about other places to eat in Stratford as one night was to be a birthday meal and we wanted somewhere special. We were not disappointed with suggestions - only advice book ahead if possible as most places are small and get full very quick.
The Stratford was our choice for this break as we wanted to be close to our destination and although arriving by car (there is parking on site) didn't want to have to use it during our break. This hotel didn't dissappoint as it was only a short walk to the centre and there was good access to shops, restaurants, tourist attractions ...etc without being in a noisy situation/location like others in the town centre.
The only thing missing was a pool for that lazy swim at the end of a day walking around town.
Overall an enjoyable break and would certainly have no hesitation in returning
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic and sophisticated, this delightful hotel is the epitome of good taste. And we don't just mean our heavenly restaurant, Quills. Following our £7 million refurbishment, the décor is oh so contemporary and absolutely gorgeous. The extravagant rooms take you to a place beyond comfort. Centrally located, a stroll away from great shopping, theatres and attractions, and 2 minutes from the train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotelopia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Stratford, A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stratford, a q Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- The Stratford a Qhotel
- Stratford a Qhotel Upon Avon
- Stratford Victoria Hotel