“Anniversary break”

The Stratford, A QHotel
glos
“Anniversary break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

First class hotel from the moment we checked in to the time we checked out.Room tastefully decorated ,spotlessly clean (Room 307) Breakfast service was very good ,food tasty and hot.Ideally situated within walking distance of town.Would recommend and would stay there again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tonyandandrea
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
TonyandAndrea

I am pleased that you enjoyed your special occasion and thank you for the fantastic review. We do look forward to seeing you again soon.

Annie Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Korean first
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

We have stayed in many hotels in Stratford all with their own appeal. This is definitely one to add to our list and offers reasonable priced quality accommodation. Placed within 200 yds of the centre, the bedroom was spotless and comfortable. The staff were attentive and friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Richard W

I am delighted that the team looked after you. I am pleased you have now found us and hope you will choose The Stratford again on your next visit.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stayed here overnight whilst working in the area. When I eventually found it (it is not well sifnposted from the street, but is next to the hospital), I was very impressed with greeting from reception. I choose a superior room, as their prices were very good for January. The room was huge, with a separate sitting area, a large king size bed, good quality linens and very nicely decorated. The bathroom was very small but the shower was excellent,it was spotless and lots of fluffy towels and good toiletries
I ordered room service. It was quick and arrived still hot. Usual room service menu but i had fish and chips and they were pretty good.
But best of all was the excellent night's sleep!
Also in a good position for walking into town, free parking and free wifi
All in all excellent

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
lisasplaces

Thank you for your review! The chef is delighted that you enjoyed the fish and chips!!

ROTHERHAM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

This hotel has good secure parking there are barriers in and out, its situated on a main road but saying that we experienced minimal road noise.
It's just a five minute walk from the centre of tourist attractions and a wealth of restaurants and quaint pubs.
The first nights stay we were very late checking in due to work commitments which the reception staff took in their stride and because the restaurant was closed we had room service which was well prepared and delivered quickly and the tariffs were expensive just like all other hotels I've experienced.
The room was a superior room I personally like the little bit extra room you get and the nights sleep was very good.
At breakfast we had good service and quality food all cooked to order served by well trained staff who had a good knowledge of the area and its events.
Our check out was quick and polite and I wouldn't hesitate in booking a Q hotel again.

Room Tip: If you can stretch your budget get a superior room it affords that little bit more comfort
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
WACKER2000

Thank you for a fantastic review. I am delighted that you enjoyed the superior room and agree they do afford more space and luxury. The Qstar rooms are fab as well! We hope to see you again.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed 2 years ago at the Stratford got my girlfriends 40 th birthday and was disappointed that certain things had not been done in the room when we had asked them to be done so left disappointed.
I filled out a customer satisfaction form and apart from the things we had asked to be done not being everything else was fine and I put this on the comments for not expecting to here anything again.
How wrong I was I had a very apologetic email from the manager who had said if we were in the area again please don't hesitate to call in and they would make up for there short comings.
Well as it was my 40 th at the end of the year I took them up on thee offer and what a difference it was we were upgraded free of charge to an amazing rock star room, champagne on ice and cakes all complimentary the weekend went amazingly and it will be a 40th I won't forget in a hurry so thank you to all at the Stratford for making it so special.
It just goes to show that some hotels like the Stratford do take the time to take onboard a negative comment but put in a positive way and can turn that around.
I would be more than happy to stay at the Stratford again and would recommend it to others it's also in the heart of Stratford.
But it does go to show that if you are genuine in your comments the hotel is more than happy to make up for here short fall and all I can say is bravo and thank you for making our time at the Stratford so special and rewarding worth every star they have and that's why I haven't marked them down how could I when they pushed the boat out to rectify there mistakes so well done again.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Desciple0
Decsiple0

I am delighted that you enjoyed your special occasion and that the team looked after you well for your stay. thank you for your kind comments.

Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

An overnight stay followed a visit to The Royal Shakespeare theatre and we found this hotel a perfect base. 5 minutes to the shops and 10 minutes from the theatre. Highlight for us were the friendly and welcoming staff who all had a smile and seemed to be generally interested in our experience. If this is the standard of Q hotels we will definitely go and book with them again. The only reason I have not given the property 5 stars is that the restaurant was very expensive, particularly the drinks. There are many much better eateries in Stratford is our experience and I think the management needs to re-look at its menu and prices. But the breakfast was good and the restaurant staff charming.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Helen w

I am delighted you enjoyed the location of the hotel for your stay and thank you for your feedback with regards to the pricing of our menus, there are many restaurants in the town all offering different types of food at differing levels of quality and experience. We do aim for the higher end of this market however we do appreciate the feedback and will ensure that we take this into consideration for our Spring Menu launch.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

We have stayed in the Stratford every year on business for the last 4 years, we like the location as it's so close to stratford town centre and the hotel is modern and the staff friendly. Sorry to say we will never go back!! The heating temperature was unbearable inside the restaurant and the bedrooms even though we turned it down it kept jumping back to it's setting of 23 which to sleep in is not nice. After we asked if they can help we were told there was nothing they could do and dismissed us. We decided to eat in the restaurant for the first time, vaule for money on the meal was poor you are better off eating in town.What really got us mad was that they now charge parking of £5 a night which you are not told about untill you pay your bill. In all the hotels we have stayed in we have never been charged to park in the hotel car park are Qhotels that desperate for money and for this reason mainly we will never go back.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lisa b
Lisa b

Thank you for your feedback. I was sorry to read that you experienced issues with the temperature, I have asked our maintenance team to investiagte this further and carry out any required re-training. You are right there are many lovely restaurants in the town, we are currently reviewing our menus and will be relaunching the spring menu with this in mind. We price our car parking being a town center hotel competitively against local facilities and other 4 star hotels. We do advertise this on our web site and at the time of booking to ensure this is not a surprise to our guests. I am sorry it was not made clear to you on this occasion.