“Another great stay”

The Stratford, A QHotel
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Perfectly located with good food, spotless room and peace and quiet[Sunday night]

Our 5th stay and we think that for value for money this cannot be beaten-we are Q members and got a "sunday night" deal

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Alan B

Thank you for your review and loyalty!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and i stayed here for three nights, The room was very clean and modern and the room was ready for us to go to when we arrived, even though they were very busey. We booked a meal for the evening and it was lovely and so were the waiting staff, and also what a great choice at breakfast you could not go hungrey with that array of food. The Hotel was not far from town so walking was quite easy, and to have a good car park makes a lot of diffrence when you are so near town. The staff at the front desk were very good and we were able to have a bit of fun with the young man on the desk when we were leaving Monday morning. One small problem which did not seem to bother my husband was that i found the bed a little hard which did not help my back, but i managed, but would ask next time if they had diffrent mattreses to help this problem. But other wise every thing great and would come again, which we hope to do next year.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor near car park not to bad for noise, but next time would try a Higher flo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Mary_Kathleen2013

So pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you well. Tray an upgraded room next visit with the luxurious topper, this may help a softer feel for you. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed here for one night as we had tickets for the RSC's production of "All's well that ends well" - we actually preferred the hotel to the production... We arrived early, but that was no problem for the very helpful staff who allowed us to go to our room immediately. The room was very good - wonderfully comfortable large bed with a spacious sitting area and a very nice en-suite bathroom with a good selection of toiletries. At first we couldn't find the kettle, etc. as it was hidden in a cupboard, but there was a good selection of teas, coffees and biscuits - and even bottles of water in the fridge - all very thoughtful.

The hotel is brilliantly situated - only about 10 minutes walk to the theatre and the shopping centre and very easy to find on the edge of the town, but being situated in fairly large grounds, it is very quiet - so much so that we overslept the next morning (we had refused the offer of an early morning alarm call) and almost missed breakfast! The dining room is spacious and, like the whole hotel very clean and tidy, but unfortunately by the time we arrived, all the croissants had gone and although the waitress was very helpful, no more were available, although she did manage to find us two small rolls. There was, however, a complete cooked breakfast buffet available which my husband enjoyed and I liked my juice, coffee, fresh fruit and a really delicious muffin. Toast is DIY, but at least you can have it how you like it and hot unlike in many hotels.

There is quite a lot of parking which costs £5 extra, but the staff assured us that we could keep our car there for as long as we wanted when we checked out and so it is a real bargain for town centre parking.

The staff are all very helpful and I would certainly stay here again; thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

HeatherJS01

Fab feedback thank you. Hope to see you back soon.

Annie Brown.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

A group of us stayed here whilst attending a Leaving Dinner at a local restaurant and found it a convenient, comfortable base.

I arrived early as I was meeting colleagues for a meeting. I was able to use a table in the bar area which was moderately busy. The staff were extremely helpful and agreed to charge coffee to my room even though I had not checked in at that point.

When I did check in, early, I found the reception staff extremely helpful. I did order a newspaper which unfortunately did not arrive and it was only after departing that I realised that I had been charged for this.

We did not dine that evening in the Hotel but had pre-dinner drinks and found the bar staff extremely helpful.

The room was very comfortable.

Parking is charged but there were plenty of spaces at the back of the Hotel.

Breakfast was a little disappointing. I ordered an omelette which took an age and then was rather brown and crispy (think it had been forgotten!)

I will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Hollybramble1

Thank you for your feedback and also the kind comments about the team. Please do feel free to contact our hotel reception who will be able to address the charge for the newspaper. We have recently been awarded a rosette by the AA should you be staying again, please do try us.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I returned yesterday from a business meeting at the Stratford. The service was great, bedroom was lovely (limited TV channels though and £10 to hire a film) and food was very tasty. I can't really rate the location because I didn't leave the property, but the building and the grounds were well maintained.

I have to mention Desmond who assisted us during the meeting. He was attentive, cheerful and enthusiastic.

Only reason I didn't give 5 is because the deafening fire alarm went off at 5.30am one morning, and I was given no apology or explanation when checking out.

I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Rachelwithonea

I am delighted that you had a successful meeting with us and Des was able to ensure all your needs were looked after. The fire alarm was activated recently in the early morning hours. I am sorry no explanation was offered at the time. The fire alarm is in place for the safety of all of our guests and 2 of the sensors were activated, causing the system to immediately go into full alarm. This was fully investigated and the system was reset as soon as this investigation was fully completed. I agree that communication is essential following a fire alarm activation and I will ensure that this feedback is shared with the team.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Location is close enough to walk to the town and local attractions. Evening meal in the restaurant was very good and all staff have been really friendly. We booked a feature room and it was exactly as it looked in the pictures.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Teresa B

TeresaB

Fantastic review thank you. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your dining experience in Quills.

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a lovely 2 night stay for anniversary and birthday. Reception staff were excellent and couldn't have been more helpful. We had a meal in the restaurant for our second night. Unfortunately on arrival at the restaurant our booking was not on the sheet and we were almost turned away as the restaurant was busy. We chose our food and had a wait of 50 minutes before our food arrived. We were disappointed with our meal it was adequate but nothing special. Breakfast was good. The 'highlight' was being woken by the alarm going off ! On checking our invoice after returning home we had also been charged extra for a dinner item we did not take and charged the full meal rate rather than dbb rate which put a slight dampener on things.

• Stayed: September 2013

Sue W

Please feel free to contact Micheal McMurray our Reception manger who can look into the billing issues mentioned and resolve it. I am sorry to read that there were issues with your dinner reservation and subsequent meal. please be assured I will review this with the team. Thank you for your feedback.