Our first impressions were doubtful that we had booked a cosy place for a winter long weekend but this was soon dispelled by the warm welcome and wonderful rooms. Despite it being very busy with a conference or possibly 2 and then a wedding on the Saturday, we found all the staff so friendly, the rooms brilliantly sound-proofed and comfy places to sit with a drink or newspaper. The buffet breakfasts were excellent with so much choice, and dinner too. The bedrooms were huge and very comfortable and the bathroom products gorgeous. But what really makes this place is the staff who could not have more helpful and friendly, however busy, nothing was too much trouble.
If I have any criticism it would be that the bedroom temperatures are set too high at 23* and would always default to that however many times you turned it down or off. And I object to paying £5 a day to park a car there as a paying guest, fair enough for people visiting for dinner or for the day I suppose but not for paying guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic and sophisticated, this delightful hotel is the epitome of good taste. And we don't just mean our heavenly restaurant, Quills. Following our £7 million refurbishment, the décor is oh so contemporary and absolutely gorgeous. The extravagant rooms take you to a place beyond comfort. Centrally located, a stroll away from great shopping, theatres and attractions, and 2 minutes from the train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Stratford, A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stratford, a q Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- The Stratford a Qhotel
- Stratford a Qhotel Upon Avon
- Stratford Victoria Hotel