“Anniversary Treat”

The Stratford, A QHotel
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Anniversary Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Booked this for a treat as it was our 11th wedding anniversary.
The package was for 2 nights included,bed and breakfast,a 3 course evening meal,champagne and chocolates for my wife on arrival.
The meal was excellent and the staff was very friendly.
I cannot fault our stay and would gladly stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2014
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Edwingreaves

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a glowing response on our trip advisor page. Its great to hear that you enjoyed our services and the staff that you encountered.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Annie Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Korean first
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Loved this hotel. There was enough parking on site at the hotel. There was a nice large garden area in front of the hotel. Fast check in. Helpful and very friendly staff. Rooms were large, clean, and modern. I loved the efficiency and thought that went into the room. There were two closets to hang clothes, and a long high table that held two large pieces of luggage. (no bending over to find stuff) There were plenty of plugs for devices and the WiFi worked great. There was a desk area plus two chairs for sitting.
Bathroom was set up very well with plenty of places to put bath items. Towel warmer actually worked. Beds were comfy and the AC was really cool. A welcome relief after so many hotels without it! Breakfast was very tasty. Location was great, quiet but easy walk into town. Price is extremely reasonable for the comfort you receive. Other hotels should take a lesson from the Q!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank debbie w
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hi Debbie W

Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave such an great review, all of your comments are passed onto the staff, so they are made aware of their efforts are appriciated

I'm very pleased that all your of your expectations were met, on your recent visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

we booked on spur of the moment had a lovely time rooms lovely comfortable and very clean breakfast excellent food great service good, would recommend this hotel maybe a little hard to find my sat nav struggled a bit but worth the find.

Room Tip: a;; rooms great
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hi Lynn W

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our trip advisor page. Its great to hear that you was pleased with all aspects of the hotel, from bedrooms to food and service.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future

cheshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have had the worst experience of my life booking with this hotel for my partners birthday night away - i called the hotel this morning to see if i could book the parking facility charge £5.00 per night at the same time as booking the hotel ( i might add i wasnt booking a cheap room i was booking one of the four poster guest rooms bed n breakfast for £158.40 for the night ) when i called phone the 0845 number i got through to reservations and thankfully all phone calls are recorded i gave her all my details when we wanted to arrive the cost off the internet and so on - she sad not to worry about the parking as they have load of parking room and to book it upon arrival but she could go ahead and book the room for me over the phone so i gladly gave her all me details over the phone including my card details she put them through then stated there system was going so slow she then asked me to confirm my card details as to my amazment i later found out she had tried to put the transaction though 3 times the first time it went through but as she had tried to put it through again and again it then came back as declined as i only keep a limited number of funds in my current account as i am afraid of card scamming she said i would have to call my bank and see why it had been declined and she said the couldn't carry on with the booking at this time - i called my bank to find out that the payment had been taken out of my account by the stratford so i called them back to tell them of my concern the 1st person i spoke to was helpful and said she would get her manager to call me back to which she did and basically called me a liar and said there was not recollection of a payment being made i then asked her to listen to the phone call from earlier and to find out what the issue had been as the fault was with them not me or my bank my bank actually said they had sent through the verification code but they had just kept pressing the button to charge me over and over - she did phone me back and said it was due to the slow system and asked if i still wanted the booking completing to which i told her NO as if this is how they treat people i would rather spend my money some where else CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NONE EXISTANT AND THEY DONT ADMIT THE FAUlT IS THERE'S i am so angry now there was no offer of a free meal or free bottle of wine or champers as way of compensation for my upset as it is for a birthday treat

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ShaznNeil
Hi ShaznNeil

Thank you for taking the time to leave a response on our trip advisor page. We are trying to investigate your situation further but we require a few more details from yourselfs.

If you could please contact Craig Bennett, our hotel operations manger on 01789 271000 when you are next availible, to discuss the matter in further detail.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

we were placed here when late rooms made an error with our booking. we went from a £45 night hostel to this place!!!! :)
everything about it was lovely!!!! due to the lovely weather on the weekend we especially enjoyed just sitting in the grounds the next morning!!!
i would never pay this money for a hotel but if you looking for luxury this is it!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Andrea S
TheStratford, Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Andrea S,

Thank you for your great review, I am pleased your stay was enjoyed and you had the opportunity to spend some relaxing time in our new landscaped garden.

KInd Regards

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

First time staying in a Q-Hotel. Very impressed. Courteous and quick check in. Reception helpful with ideas of where to eat (not pushing hotels own restaurant). Ideally located for all local attractions. On site parking at a reasonable price (£5.00), able to leave car after check out until later.
Bedrooms well appointed, spacious, & well maintained. Good choice of food for the buffet style breakfast. Only stoping 5* rating due to no info from reception as to the free wi-fi in room, complimentary water in in-room fridge, and breakfast location and hours of operation.
Would definitely stay in a Q-Hotel again.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Mark T
Dear Marktabberer,

Thank you for your lovely review, I am pleased you enjoyed your first ever stay with Q Hotels, we have 21 hotels in total so plenty of others to try! Thank you for the constructive comments on the information from reception, i will pass this onto the team so we can get 5 stars on your next visit!

Matt Shakespeare
Operations Manager
nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here for one night whilst visiting Stratford upon Avon the hotel and rooms were very clean with good facilities staff were very helpful would definitely stay here again Stratford is a lovely place to visit and to find somewhere pleasant to stay is a bonus enjoyable weekend

• Stayed August 2014
TheStratford, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Good Afternoon Beverley T,

Thank you for your kind review, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Matt Shakespeare