We stayed on a 2 night dinner on first night B&B rate. We paid extra for the deluxe room and this was definately well worth it. The hotel is very modern and rooms are better than the pictures show. We had a huge comfortable bed with lots of plump cushions and pillows, sofa and 2 chairs plasma tv and fridge. There was fresh coffee and milk in the fridge not just the standard UHT stuff and still and sparkling bottled water. The bed room and bathroom was spotless with a real quality feel to it. All bathroom fittings were modern but you didn't need a degree to work them as someone else reported. They were just modern and very stylish, as is everything about this hotel. we were very impressed. The hotel is just across the road from the town which is a real advantage with free car parking.
The staff at this hotel are exceptional and really do go out of there way to be helpful and friendly. We ordered room service which arrived in 5 minutes a world record for room service i think... The cleaner cleaned the room to a very high standard and then her superviser came to check , i am not sure if this was the norm but hey we were impressed!
We had dinner on the first night in the hotel which i must say again was of a high standard, lots of choice meals very tasty unlike usual hotel food and very well presented.
The Only down side was that the restaurant lacked atmosphere there was no music and it was very quiet. we did mention it to the reception as they had simply asked did we enjoy our meal. They said they would pass our comments on to the restaurant, and sure enough the night after there was music and it seemed to be better.
Breakfast was the usual hotel breakfast although i have to say there was no queues, staff were attentive bringing tea coffee orders over quickly. i ordered poached eggs one day and eggs benidict the second day both presented well and prepared quickly. Hubby had the usual cooked breakfast ,staff again couldn't do enough and tables were cleared very quickly, and dining area was clear of clutter and dirty dishes.
All in all i thought this hotel was excellent, i would definately stay again and have already reccommended to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic and sophisticated, this delightful hotel is the epitome of good taste. And we don't just mean our heavenly restaurant, Quills. Following our £7 million refurbishment, the décor is oh so contemporary and absolutely gorgeous. The extravagant rooms take you to a place beyond comfort. Centrally located, a stroll away from great shopping, theatres and attractions, and 2 minutes from the train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Stratford, A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stratford, a q Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- The Stratford a Qhotel
- Stratford a Qhotel Upon Avon
- Stratford Victoria Hotel