My wife and i stayed here for Valentines Day weekend. My wife and i have stayed in many luxurious hotels around the world and going away is probably one of our favourite past times.
We booked a suite and first impressions of the room were a little under expected. The suite rooms are really just bigger rooms and not really what i would classify as a suite. The decor is really nice however, but a bit pricey for what they were.
Kelly on the hotel reception was very helpful and it was nice to speak to such a pleasent young lady.
We went for dinner in the hotel restaurant and the food i must say was very nice indeed. The welcome glass of Champagne however did not come until we were eating our starter, so not really a 'welcome glass of champagne. We both really enioyed the food and the waiter seemed very nice also. I've never seen a waiter work so hard, he was probably doing the job of 2 people.
The only negative point i can say about the restaurant is that this was Valentines night and we were expecting some romantic music in the background. However there was no music at all and we found ourselves quite uncomfortably whispering to one another. As you coud hear everyone's conversation.
We headed back to our room to relax and watch a movie. The movie channels were not working. I called reception and told i had to go downstairs and register my card details to get this. So i got changed again and did exactly that! Tried the movie channels again and they were still not working, so called reception once more. They said they would call back and get this sorted. 30 mins later at 10.45pm they called back to say other guests are having the same problems. We later got a further call at 11.15pm to say the problem had been fixed. To be honest by then my wife and i were half asleep anyways, so didn't bother.
The next day we had breakfast in bed, however the breakfast was certainly not to the same standard as dinner. My egg looked like something that had been left for a few hours! There was also no toast as ordered or sauce. I rang down to get this delivered, which they did very quickly. I went to butter the toast to realise there was no butter, so again had to call down to get this delivered.
All round the stay was pretty average, with the food in the restaurant and waiter service there being the plus points.
Would i stay here again if i came to Stratford? Probably not, as i think there are better hotels out there. However i would also say there are many worse! So i would recommend this hotel for anyone not expecting too much.
I hope this helps for anyone looking to go here in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic and sophisticated, this delightful hotel is the epitome of good taste. And we don't just mean our heavenly restaurant, Quills. Following our £7 million refurbishment, the décor is oh so contemporary and absolutely gorgeous. The extravagant rooms take you to a place beyond comfort. Centrally located, a stroll away from great shopping, theatres and attractions, and 2 minutes from the train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Stratford, A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stratford, a q Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- The Stratford a Qhotel
- Stratford a Qhotel Upon Avon
- Stratford Victoria Hotel