We have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Stratford.
A few days before we were due to arrive we received a E mail asking if we would like to upgrade to a Q room however I wrote back straight away and asked for a Q room only to be told there were none left! I asked why I had received the E mail and was told it was an automated letter ??
Anyway when we arrived at 7 PM we asked if we could book dinner for that night and was told not until 9pm.
Later after eating in the bar we heard another member of staff telling customers tables were avalible at 8.15 and 8.30 very strange.
Our room was a tiny little room nothing like the ones on the web site but it was clean although as it was a "Attic" type room the ceiling slopped off and we were always in danger of stricking our heads , see picture this was a real event after I had taken a photo of my wife ( 4f 11")sitting on a chair !
The hotel food was OK but only OK the menu raved about how good the breakfeast was but I think they should go to another 4 star hotel to see how it should be done.
The location is great and only a few minutes walk into town.
On the first night we were woken at 11PM by a very loud group shouting and swearing until 3.30AM we thought it was from a wedding or something I checked the windows were closed but the noise was so lound it was like they were right outside our window.
However as we walked back to the hotel on Saturday night we found the reason for the noise. There is a night club right next to the hotel and offering a deal for £15 as much drink as you can take.
Once again at 11PM we were kept awake until 3.30AM.
I spoke to Micheal the duty manager and explained I thought the hotel should tell guest staying in the front of the hotel that they would be woken at 11PM until 3.30AM he thought the hotel shouldn't tell guest about problems outside of the hotel and said if we had told him Saturday he would have moved us but were ? we had already been told the hotel was full. As we paid over £100 per night I feel it is an outrage the hotel staff gave such a couldn't care less attittude. As we had such a poor nights sleep we had to drive home again in the morning and were unable to visit more local villages this ruined a birthday weekend for my wife. I spoke to other guests and the people who had rooms at the back of the hotel were OK but all at the front said they had been kept awake. I wouldn't stay here on holiday or bussiness unless the room was at the rear of the hotel.
I'm not one to complain ( see other posts) but I wouldn't like to see others have to put up with this noise and have their holiday / break ruined.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic and sophisticated, this delightful hotel is the epitome of good taste. And we don't just mean our heavenly restaurant, Quills. Following our £7 million refurbishment, the décor is oh so contemporary and absolutely gorgeous. The extravagant rooms take you to a place beyond comfort. Centrally located, a stroll away from great shopping, theatres and attractions, and 2 minutes from the train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Stratford, A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stratford, a q Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- The Stratford a Qhotel
- Stratford a Qhotel Upon Avon
- Stratford Victoria Hotel