“Very convenient”

The Stratford, A QHotel
Reviewed 2 June 2010

This was a lovely, clean and functional hotel. Location spot on being only a short 10 minute walk from town. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Tried room service and the food was tasty and good value. The room was pleasant and practical, with good quality sheets. My only gripe.....the mattress. A bit soft and my side felt springy, well used and was a bit creaky! But I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Kirstey
csteadman, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2010

Kirstey
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, we will take a look at the mattrass, maybe due a turn sooner than expected?
Once again thank you and I hope we will see you again in the future.
General Manger

Reviewed 1 June 2010

Stayed in the Stratford for 3 nights on booking requested not to stay on the top floor as these rooms seemed small as other trip advisors comments, unfortunately thats where we ended up ROOM 326 the room was very small to the point of being uncomfortable there was a small window where the television was located in front of the window making the room dark, the shower over the bath was very narrow The top cover on the bed was torn in several places reported this staight away nothing done seeing this cover would have been handle daily by staff making the bed this was very bad housekeeping, and for a paying Guest to have to report this then it was all too late.
We paid an average of £120 per night inc breakfast have stayed better for less cost in Edinburgh and York. The breakfast and service was very good in the morning and the hotel was quiet with a good location to the railway station did not use other facilities in the hotel as we were so disappointed in the room. There is a very good restaurant in Ely Street called the Sorrento where the food and service was excellent would need to book as it gets really busy. Warwick Castle is a good day out the tourist Information near the castle sells entrance tickets as the queues can be very long. A visit to the houses in Stratford were well worth a visit.

kentgrantly
Thank you for your post and I apologise that the room did not meet your expectation, I agree that the throw over the bed should have been picked up by my housekeeping team and for that I apologise.
Should you be returning to Stratford-upon-Avon in the near future, please do contact me directly and I will personally handle your room allocation.

Reviewed 31 May 2010

Booked into The Stratford at the last minute yesterday afternoon after having no luck with other hotels. Had already looked at this hotel online before the w/e and wanted to stay but thought it was too expensive. Fortunately for me I was able to get some discount due to a promotion and was lucky to get an upgraded double room, which Clare on reception was happy to show us first before we decided on booking. The room was huge and modern with a modern twist on a huge four-poster bed, double basins in the bathroom and fluffy gowns to relax in. Lots of choice for breakfast, although fresh mushrooms would be better instead of tinned and the sausages were bland, but apart from that, would recommend this hotel and would choose to stay again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
csteadman, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2010

Devonian
Thank you for your post and pleased you gave returned to us and enjoyed your stay at The Stratford.
I would like to highlight that our mushrooms are indeed fresh and cooked in water, salt, pepper and butter. We always aim to use fresh ingredients but I was sorry these did not meet your expectations.
We too look forward to seeing you again at the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2010

I had to stay in Stratford at least once a week on business throughout 2008 and 2009 and, after brief flirtations with The Thistle and the Legacy Falcon hotel, stuck with The Stratford for an extended period of time without any regrets.

Staff, both reception and restaurant, were never less than courteous and the rooms were the best to be found in the city. Unlike the other hotels in Stratford that were cheap off-season and then cranked their prices up to ridiculous levels in high season, The Stratford remained competitive all year round. Off-season, the price was usually £5-£10 above local competitors but the quality of room decor and service made this choice a no-brainer.

It is less than 10 mins walk into the City Centre and The Stratford should be the first port of call for tourists and visiting business people, despite not looking ideally situated at first glance. It certainly is a cut above the other hotels that are closer to the main attractions, particularly those around the theatre.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank RichH6109
csteadman, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2010

Rich
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review after such a long stint of staying with us. I was pleased to read that you were well looked after and you deem us the best in the town.
I hope we see you again at the hotel in the near future on leisure this time?

Reviewed 19 May 2010

styed as part for my wife birthday whislt visting Stratford.
Room was very trendy and stylish, and very well appointed.

Short walk into town centre, and would be ideal for the station.

Didnt have dinner here, but breakfast was really nice buffet style.

great stay, great value.

1  Thank bigdan03

BigDan
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review The Stratford following your recent visit to Stratford upon Avon.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found it good value.

Reviewed 18 May 2010

The hotel is 10 minutes walk from the center of Stratford and 5 minutes from the rail station. There is plenty of parking. The reception area is adequate and dominated by a bar.
My room (deluxe) felt small and crowded. It had 2 beds and 2 arm chairs. The roof was slopping and overall felt low. The beds were comfortable and the sound insulation was good. The was a TV with radio and pay for movies.
Internet access was via a cable and it was fine. The room includes 2 hours of "free" internet use and then it is £5 for 2 hours - annoying to stay in a 4 star hotel and have a charge for a service that costs them a couple of pennies to provide.
There is tea and coffee (instant) in the room, with plenty of tea bags.
The room was air conditioned - but this is England and so it isn't really needed.
The bathroom was OK except that there was a bath with a shower - but it wasn't possible to use the bath as a bath, and it felt difficult showing in a bath with steep sides and a narrow bottom. I would have preferred either a bath or a shower that worked as what is was.

The breakfast was excellent - good choice, well cooked and presented.
There is no pool in the hotel - we were directed to a sister hotel - a little hard to find and further away than the staff said. But it was a good pool, sauna and gym.
I didn't have any other meal at the hotel - Stratford is full of restaurants.
The reception staff were helpful - but a bit difficult to find at times.
It felt like this could be a very good hotel - but many details didn't work as well as they could. I know that I am being picky - but we were charged an expensive rate and they called the room "deluxe" - which it was't.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends

Joe
Many thanks for your post, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the overall stay and I apologise for the "few annoying faults" you found at the hotel.
Once again thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

Reviewed 14 May 2010

We escaped for a night away and it was just that! I had looked at older style romantic hotels, but was glad they were all booked; lovely room, pleasant staff, only fault is that we are both coffeeholics and there were only 2 sachets in the room. This was rectified by a member of housekeeping; we had breakfast in our room which was lovely. My Partner proposed to me whilst we were there - so now we have booked our Wedding Reception at the hotel too!

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
csteadman, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2010

Kayem
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at the hotel.
I was delighted to read of your satisfaction and even more so that we will be hosting your forthcoming wedding, a lovely story and we look forward to your big day.
Congratulations.