The Stratford, A QHotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The White Swan Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$215
US$150
US$126
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$121
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$197
US$153
Agoda.com
Billesley Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$735
US$151
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$134
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$220
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
2,241 results
All reviewsquills restauranttown centreq hotelscar parksuperior roomlovely hotelper nighttrain stationplenty of parkingbuffet styleleave the carevening mealfew minutes walkbreakfast was excellentweekend breakwithin easy walking distancetea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the hotel room was the best I have ever stayed in. The bed was large and comfortable and the bathroom was beautiful and clean. The room was really spacious and a welcome bonus was the sofa so we had a choice of where to relax and watch TV.

The breakfast was excellent and the service was without fault.

The hotel is in a great location just a couple of minutes walk from anywhere in Stratford. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank callybob
csteadman, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2010

Callybob
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and even more that you will be returning.
Once again thank you and I hope to meet you personally on your next visit.

Reviewed 28 June 2010

If you want lovely clean rooms, friendly and engaging staff, great central location then this really is the place for you.

The room is stylishly decorated, both the bedroom and bathroom were beautifully clean and there was the added bonus of air conditioning - very much needed on the hottest days of the year so far! At 11pm on a Friday night I called reception for a top sheet, as the duvet was just too hot, and it was delivered within 8 mins. Any contact with the staff was easy - nothing was too much trouble.

The only minus point is the lack of TV channels. We generally don't watch the TV much in a hotel but we had a few hours to relax and were surprised to see the most minimal selection available - just the basic freeview channels would have been nice.

The hotel itself is of a very high standard - it is clearly a 4* hotel. The lobby and bar are sleek and comfortable and easy to spend time in. The restaurant for breakfast is great - a buffet self service with a good selection of food. A nice touch is all food is cooked in the mini kitchen, right in front of you so you know its fresh. We did eat in the hotel restaurant, Quills, on Saturday night and it was fabulous. Fantastic quality and yet again the restaurant manager couldn't have been more helpful or attentive. You could also choose to eat outside in the garden which is lovely and shaded (and also has a few giant games to keep little/big ones amused).

There is nowhere in town you can't walk to within ten minutes and if you need information about the town the staff are happy and willing to talk with you (or even give you a plaster for those shoes that have rubbed!).

I have stayed in the majority of the hotels in Stratford and this is by far the best. Most are expensive and in need of a major face lift. This is expensive (deals can be found on the usual websites) but it's totally worth it to feel valued as a customer and to enjoy the comfortable/luxurious surroundings.

1  Thank tink_1000
csteadman, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2010

Tink
I would like to thank you for your post, I will certainly be circulating your comments to my team as I was delighted to read of your satisfaction with your stay.
I must point out one thing, the giant games were brought in for a specific function but following your comments we are now looking to purchase some for the summer.
Once again thank you for your comments and I sincerely hope we see you back at the hotel again in the near future

Reviewed 25 June 2010

By this time in our tour of England we were a bit tired of "quaint" and the Stratford was just the ticket. Clean, modern, air conditioned, with a real lift and car park! The room was very up to date and had all the amenities. The bathroom was refreshingly spotless and modern, although like so many places we stayed, it seemed logic had gone out the window when they were deciding where to put the towel bars. Great bedding, very comfy bed. Location is sort of on the outskirts of the center of town, but it was still possible to walk to and from the RSC theatre, although it was a bit of a hike. Breakfast was included in the room rate and it is served buffet style in the restaurant downstairs, although we came a bit late and felt somewhat unpleasantly rushed by the staff setting up for lunch.

OpininatedMemphis
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and we suited your requirements as a hotel.
I can only apologise that you were felt rushed at breakfast, this certain would not have been intentional and my restaurant manager will address this with his team.
Once again thank you for your post

Reviewed 23 June 2010

Clean, modern rooms with plenty of space and lovely bathroom. About 5 min walk from Stratford centre.

1  Thank Sophie-7

Sophie
Many thanks for you post, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.
I hope to see you again at the hotel.

Reviewed 21 June 2010

Though a little pricey, the rooms etc were really comfortable. Well set up and the grounds are fab. It was really excellent for our theatre visits as we were only 10 mins walk away.
Meals were ok but not fantastic and the waiters/resses were a little more concerned about their foreign clients, but that was ok.
Second night we ate at the Garrick Inn and that was brilliant

1  Thank welshwitch57

welshwitch
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at the hotel.
I was pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay but naturally I was disappointed that the service in the restaurant was not to our normal levels but I can assure you nothing was intentional in terms of the other guests in the restaurant.
Once again, thank you for your post and I hope to see you back at the hotel in the future.