“Perfect Hotel, In Perfect Location”

The Stratford, A QHotel
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Stayed here for 1 night on 17th July for our wedding anniversary. Stayed at another well known 4* previously but this is definatly the place to stay if visiting Stratford.
The hotel is spotless & only a 5 minute walk to the main attractions, lots of bars & restaurants nearby. We had a lovely meal at Avon Spice (indian) just down the road from the hotel, great value & highly recommended.
The room was lovely very modern & clean & well furnished. The rooms are not that big but perfect for a short break (very cosy)
The staff on reception were very friendly & welcoming (great customer service)
The only thing I would say is that the restaurant is very small & when we went down for breakfast there were no tables & we had to sit & wait for tables to become free, however we were offered tea/coffee whilst we were waiting & this would not put me off booking this hotel again in the future. I will definatly return here when I next visit Stratford & the free parking is also a added bonus

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
csteadman, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2010

Red20
Thank you for your post and I was pleased that your anniversary weekend went well!!
I was delighted to read of your satisfaction with the hotel and the service your received and even more deligted to read that you would return to the hotel.
In terms of breakfast, unfortunately at times during weekends the restaurnats can 'bottle neck' somewhat but I was pleased that my team offered refreshments whilst you waited.
Once again thank you for your review.
Chris Steadman

Write a ReviewReviews (2,197)

Reviewed 19 July 2010

The location is excellent – it is a 10 minute easy walk to Sheep Street, then not even 10 minutes from there to the Courtyard Theatre. You could walk from the station & there is parking on-site around the hotel, although this can get very busy. Not too difficult to find, although a street map did prove helpful.

The booking stated that check-in was from 2pm. We arrived at approx 2:30 & were dismayed to see a crowd of people in reception. It turned out they had actually been checked-in, but they were still having to wait for their rooms (& were not at all pleased). We & the 3 couples checking-in after us were all told the same – your room is ready……but you need to wait whilst we do the final check. It was very clear that there had been no rooms ready for 2pm – the hotel should be aware that they were busy & that guests would be arriving promptly on a Saturday to spend the afternoon in the town. The reception staffs were friendly & apologetic, but I would expect a hotel of this level to be far more efficient at managing their housekeeping.

Can’t comment on food etc as we ate in the town. The general areas of the hotel, especially lifts etc look a little worn & tired & are nothing special. Our room was very good though – comfortable with a high quality of furnishings & very nice bathroom. Proper thick curtains so we weren’t woken at dawn, like in so many other hotels & no noise bleed-through, so a good night’s sleep altogether.

Overall I would recommend this hotel based on the convenience of its location & the quality of its rooms.

GreenGloves
I would like to thank you for post following your recent stay at the hotel. I apologize for the delay in your check-in, the weekend you stayed saw a high volume of late check outs and early arrivals and caused delays. I am not using this as an excuse but it is a very rare occurance.
I was pleased that you slept well and enjoyed your overall stay with us.
Once again thank you for posting your review and we hope to see you again at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2010

A lovely hotel which we found to be of very good value. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The hotel is quietly situated but yet close to the centre and the main attractions of Stratford. By and large the staff are helpful especially the young man who works in the bar area. Breakfast is well presented and there's a good choice. Internet access is free though difficult to access in the rooms. Parking, too, is free and safe. All in all this hotel really does merit its four stars and I'd be more than happy to stay there again.

MikeKinross
Thank you for taking the time to post a reveiw of the hotel following your recent stay.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I sincerely hope we see you at the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2010

Positives: a pretty good location, plenty of parking spaces, large comfortable beds, and food quality in the restaurant in the evening punching above its weight. But quite a few things not to like, such as the check-in clerk who spent three minutes tapping away on the computer without any eye or verbal contact, the horrible, depressing brown and grey colour scheme in the scuffed corridors, the cobweb on the bedside light, the toilet seat off its hinge, the scrum at breakfast on the first morning of our stay, and the clumsy waiter at dinner who seemed unable to collect anything off a table without dropping an item of cutlery onto the floor. There is access to the pool / spa at the sister hotel (Stratford Manor) but this needs a refurbishment too, just look up at the ceiling tiles or closely at the tiles in the pool. Ugh.

Bottom line: thumbs down. Would look elsewhere in Stratford next time.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Vaux
I would like to thank you for your post following your recent stay at The Stratford.
I was naturally disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations nor the ususl service that our guests experience.
I had fed your comments back to my team who echo my apologies and corrective training is in place, should you look to return to Stratford-upon-Avon I urge you to return and contact me personally and I will ensure you enjoy your stay.
I would in turn like to thank you for your postive comments relating to the food quality in Quills restaurant.

Reviewed 12 July 2010

Had a great trip last weekend to the Q Stratford Hotel. Very nice location in grounds with chairs in the garden and only 5 minutes walk into Stratford. Very impressed with the service, rooms and general ambience of the hotel. Definitely worth including breakfast in the price as this is a generous buffet and sets you up well for the day. Nice bar also. Booked direct and no problems at all. More of a modern set up in terms of the decor, which makes a refreshing change from some of the more chintzy options available in the town. Was particularly impressed with the service as I left something behind and followed up by email when I got home. Had an email back two days later to say it had been put in the post. Restores your faith in customer service in British hotels, which I have found to be lacking in comparison with those in the States.
Would be happy to recommend and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

ASWh
Thank you for your post, I was delighted to read of your satisfaction with the hotel and in particular the service.
I was also happy to see that you intend on returning and we look forward to that.

Reviewed 11 July 2010

We booked a two night break. On arrival check-in was efficient; I was unsure whether I had asked for a quiet room when booking, which it appeared I hadn't, which was fine, but I was told they had had no complaints about the room at the front we had been allocated, and the receptionist said he had stayed in those rooms himself with no problem. The room was somewhat smaller than we had expected having seen the website, with sloping ceilings, but was nicely furnished with a modern bathroom and excellent bed linen etc (although there was a crumpled tissue on the floor in the corner of the room). There was some traffic noise but this was not unacceptable. Having been out for an excellent meal at the Edward Moon restaurant we retired to bed, only to be disturbed at approximately 11 pm by what sounded like a party or nightclub revellers in close proximity. This went on until about 3 am, and we subsequently got NO sleep ALL night. My husband phoned down to reception twice during the night. The receptionist said he had been out to investigate and there was a "house party" going on. I have since read the review of "Lynn&Me" from their stay in March, who seem to have experienced exactly the same. The receptionist agreed to move us to a different room the following day; however, having hired a classic car for my husband to drive that day as a 60th birthday present, and having looked forward to this for six months, the day was spoilt due to our exhaustion. Funnily enough, when we told the owner of the classic car about our sleepless night, she was aware of and named the adjacent nightclub immediately, and knew of its noisy reputation. On arrival back at the hotel that evening, we had been moved to a very nice, much larger and more comfortable, room at the back of the hotel. There was no noise whatsoever and we had a splendid night's sleep.

I would advise anyone booking this otherwise very good hotel to ensure they are allocated a room at the back. Apart from the ruined night we had, the hotel is excellently situated in the town centre (despite the nightclub/bar adjacent), breakfast is very good, and the public spaces are comfortable.

EnglandHolidyaer
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review and I was happy to read that you enjoyed your overall stay.
Naturally we were sorry about your disturbed nights sleep and I was pleased that my team rectified the issue.
Once again thank you for your post and I hope we see you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the hotel room was the best I have ever stayed in. The bed was large and comfortable and the bathroom was beautiful and clean. The room was really spacious and a welcome bonus was the sofa so we had a choice of where to relax and watch TV.

The breakfast was excellent and the service was without fault.

The hotel is in a great location just a couple of minutes walk from anywhere in Stratford. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank callybob
csteadman, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2010

Callybob
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and even more that you will be returning.
Once again thank you and I hope to meet you personally on your next visit.