“Great location for Stratford, Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Stratford, A QHotel

The Stratford, A QHotel
Newport
“Great location for Stratford, Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

We booked this for a weekend leisure break. We got a good price on this hotel using the search engines so it was excellent value against the hotels own rate. The room was spacious and clean and decorated nicely. The breakfast was ample and well organised. They had a gym here but we did not use this. Prices on drinks were more expensive than a pub, but not too overpriced. Excellent service from all the staff and everyone was very friendy creating a lovely atmosphere. As far as Stratford goes, this was the perfect location, justa short walk down the road to the centre.
WE had a great stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
csteadman, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this review, 22 September 2010
MikeMalo
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for highlighting my teams service, I will ensure that your comments are shared with them.
Once again thank you and we hope to see you at the hotel again in the near future.
Chris Steadman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

Stayed at this hotel for one night. First of all they have on site parking which is brilliant. The check in was a breeze, within minutes the friendly staff had found my booking and away I went to my room. The room was a little small but well manitained and clean. It was decorated well too. The bed was very very comfy. Breakfast was also very good in the morning and helpful staff once again attending to our every need.
A brilliant hotel, with helpful and friendly staff. For the price I paid I think this hotel is the place to stay if you are intending on going to Startford Upon Avon, As I have stayed at other hotels in this area and paid a lot more money, and they do not come anywhere near this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
irfy
I would like to thank you for posting a review following your recent stay at The Stratford Hotel.
Thank you also for your comments relating to my team, I was delighted to read that they had looked after you and will ensure your comments are shared with them.
We certainly look forward to seeing you back at the hotel in the very near future.
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2010

My wife and I booked a stay at The Stratford on Saturday 12th September for ourselves and two other couples. There was plenty of parking, check-in was friendly and efficient, and we were all pleased with the bedrooms we were allocated on the ground floor. Good-sized rooms, very good quality modern fittings and furnishings, spotlessly clean, a good-sized flat-screen TV, hairdryer, etc. Our rooms looked over the car park and there was no noise to disturb us.

It was only about 8 minute's walk to Shakespeare's house near the centre of town and a few minutes more to the High Street, so we didn't need to use our cars. We all had breakfast on Sunday morning; service was friendly and fast; there was a good choice of food, which was tasty, hot and served on very hot plates - a rarity in many hotels. Our friends were very pleased with our choice of hotel and we would stay there again and recommend it to other friends - the true tests of a hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank StephPete17
StephPete
I would like to thank you for your post following your recent stay at The Stratford hotel.
Thank you for your kind words, especially relating to breakfast, we believe a good breakfast sets you up for the day so it is reassuring that we get this right.
Thank you also for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the hotel very soon.
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

My partner and I got married here on the 4th of September 2010. They exceeded all of our expectations. Chris, the manager was faultless, he put as at ease and made the day run like clockwork, the rooms were perfect. The food and drinks first class. Everyone commented on the food and how good it was.

The service was fantastic, especially the waiter Carlos who was brilliant with the young children.

They made a brilliant day perfect.

The planning with the wedding coordinator was first class from start to finish.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
PhilKathryn
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review, especially so soon after the wedding!
I was thrilled that your wedding went well and that you enjoyed the day. I would love to take credit for the smooth running of your day but I will personally thank my restaurant manager, Chris and also Carlo for their efforts in making sure your day went well.
May I also extend our congraulations on behalf of all the team here and we look forward to seeing you for tyour first wedding anniversary!
Spalding, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

great location ample parking nice and secure.The staff all very pleasant even cleaners gave us a cheery good morning. Room very spacious requested quite one and reception made sure it was okay for us.Room facilities very good exceptionaly clean good shower/bath comfortable bed. Breakfast excellent really good choice.
I would stay there again when im in the area and have no hesitation in recommending it
Well done Q for making our stay in stratford a very pleasant one

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Marlene
Thanky ou for taking the time to post your review, I was delighted to read that we helped the enjoyment of your Stratford-upon-Avon experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.
dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

Only stayed for one night in this hotel. The first thing noticed on arrival was the unattended reception desk where we were left waiting about 5 minutes for the receptionist (even though a number of other staff passed by in the meantime they kept going!). Receptionist appeared, no apology! I hoped this wasn't a sign of things to come. The hotel is nicely decorated, clean lines and contemporary style. Room was v clean, stylish and quite luxurious. We did not have any drinks, meals or breakfast so cannot comment. Location is good and the on site parking is handy. The hotel perhaps lacks a little personality but if you want a good sized modern room then this hotel will suit you.

• Stayed September 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dsheane
Thank you for your post and apologies for the lack of the receptionist on your arrival.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we gt to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future.
Windsor, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

Our twin room ended up being a double room with me on the sofabed.

I wouldn't have minded so much except that the sofabed matress was something that you'd be ashamed to let your houseguests sleep on. The springs were digging in at 6am.

I complained at check-out and the duty manager was in no way contrite and tried to make out it they were doing us a favour. After 30 minutes of stalemate, he reluctantly knocked £25 off the bill. But it was too little too late and left. Not good for £150 and not recommended

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
csteadman, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2010
Not_Impressed
I would like to thank you for your post and the e-mail so to me, as stated I apologise for the manner in which your issue was dealt with, this is certainly not what I expect from my team and the situation of the sofa bed should never has arisen again for this I apologise.
We have now come to a suitable resolution by telephone and I look forward to meeting your personally on your return to the hotel, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of correcting our error.