“Very comfortable stay and great location”

The Stratford, A QHotel
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Our third stay here and still as good as before although the loss of the old Victoria Suite is one downside. The renovated hotel is a vast improvement although triple glazed windows on the front of the hotel would have greatly reduce traffic noise. (is this the worst town in England for police and emergency services sirens?). The staff were very cheerful and helpful. The room although a little on the small side was comfortable. Being on the third floor the eaves somewhat resricted the space. The other drawback of the third floor was poor wi-fi connection. Moving to the lounge solved that. The location is excellent being only a few minutes walk to the town centre. All in all a most pleasant stay and we shall return.

Reviewed 29 November 2010

I booked The Stratford for one night away based on the reviews read here. Maybe the hotel was having a bad day, but I was disappointed with the experience.

We had room 326 ( a corner room). when we first entered it was freezing cold, so naturally we switched on the heating immediately, there was a loud hum from the heating which I complained about. I was assured that it was just warming up and would stop humming in 15 mins. It didn't. We went to dinner and came back and it was still humming. It hummed throughout the night on and off , not to mention that the room went from hot to freezing. We asked to be moved, but was told that they were full.

Then I wanted to take a shower, but there was no hot water. We had to call reception again, this time someone came up to take a look. The taps were spluttering and the hot water barely went beyond tepid. Suddenly they weren't so full and so offered us another room.

In the morning, the lights wouldn't switch on, so I called reception again - and they'd had a power cut throughout the night!

Like I said, it might just be a one off. And to be fair to the staff they were friendly and polite about it, but the room we stayed in was just a nightmare, and not the relaxing getaway I had envisiged.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
csteadman, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2010

MaryAnnUK
Firstly thank you for taking the time to write your review of the hotel.
I have to agree that you were dramatically unlucky with your recent stay and for that I sincerely apologise. There seems to have been a number of incidents beyond control and I am sorry this impacted your stay in the manner it did.
I would naturally like to discuss this in further detial with you so would be delighted to hear from you directly so we can suitably resolve the unfortunate stay that you had.

Reviewed 23 November 2010

Booked this hotel as a surprise weekend for my husbands birthday. The hotel was clean warm and inviting,staff helpfull and friendly, breakfast very good are room was fab.The hotel is located near the town, had a wonderful stay and would recommed this hotell 100%.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank goldielockskim

goldielockskim
I would like to thank you for your review of the hotel following your recent stay at The Stratord.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you would 100% recommend the hotel.

Reviewed 20 November 2010

Very well presented hotel with excellent staff, clean comfortable rooms, superb breakfast
good location......highly recommended

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank bev_allen123

bev_allen123
I would like to thank you for your recent post following your stay at The Stratford Hotel.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely hope we will see you again at the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 15 November 2010

Just had a weekend break here. The hotel is very conveniently situated for the centre of Stratford - a 5 minute walk away - with adequate parking.
The staff were very helpful and the rooms were as expected. We had a relaxing weekend stay and the Sunday breakfast was superb.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends

UKGolfer18
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your post following your recent stay at The Stratford.
As this was your first stay with QHotels, please sign up to our fantastic Breakaway Club when you will be first to receive all of our special offers as well as lots of value added extras!
Once again thank you for your post and I was delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 9 November 2010

First impressions on arrival at the Sratford are good - the hotel is very clean and modern. It's set back from a main road with a small garden area and there was plenty of parking. The hotel is in a good location, approximately 5mins walk to Shakespeare's birthplace and centre of town.

I was very pleased with our room on the third floor. It was a good size dual aspect twin, very nicely decorated and clean. The beds were also very comfortable. The bathroom was also nicely decorated and well maintained.

A small negative point was that the room seemed to have been made up for one 1 guest with there only being one set of towels out etc. The bathroom was also missing a few things, for example, the tissue box was empty and finally there was no water due to maintenance for a few hours which was quite inconvenient.

Breakfast was average. The selection of food left by the time we arrived at 10am was small. There were a couple of slices of bread left, the pastries were very hard and turning stale and there was no butter left. Also available for breakfast was fruit (not a big selection but very good), cereals, meats and typical English hot breakfast. You could also order vegetarian sausages, kippers and smoked salmon separately.
We didn't eat in the restaurant but we did try and have a drink in the bar but no one appeared to serve us so we went elsewhere.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again if I returned to Stratford.

• Stayed: November 2010
csteadman, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2010

lirbaby
Firstly I would like to thank you for your review of The Stratford Hotel following your recent stay.
I apologise for the 'niggles' that you encountered during your stay in particular the breakfast quality, towards the end of service the buffet can be a little depleted but the team should have ensured there was sufficient supplies for you. I also apologise for the water being off for a few hours, we try to select times when there is minimal impact to the guests and I apologise you were impacted by this.
I was pleased that this not deter from your enjoyment of the hotel and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 November 2010

A last minute two night stay for £99 per night B+B. Booked an executive room but found it was right by the main road and very noisy. We asked for another room and got a much larger one in a peaceful part of the hotel without any problem. Breakfast was excellent, cooked to order with well sourced ingredients. Despite the restaurant being very busy on Sunday morning the service was good. We've stayed in more expensive and highly rated hotels where the breakfast and service didn't match that provided here. The staff were all helpful and very pleasant. A great choice of hotel, excellent value and we'll definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
csteadman, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2010

Monty71
Thank you for your post following your recent stay at The Stratford Hotel.
I was pleased to read that my team reacted to the unsuitable room allocation and that you then enjoyed your stay with us and highlighting the efforts of my team, I will ensure they see your comments.
I look forward to welcoming you bacj to the hotel in the very near future, if you are looking to return may I suggest you signing up to our Breakaway Club membership, you receive lots of special offers and vouchers to redeem during your stays with QHotels.