“Lovely, clean and modern hotel very close to the town centre”

The Stratford, A QHotel
Reviewed 31 January 2011

This hotel was very near to the town ((about a 5 minute walk).
It was very clean and modern and beautifully decorated throughtout.
The staff were very helpful.
The menu for the evening meal was quite limited, but we all found something we liked.

The buffet breakfast was plentiful and very nice.
Free wi-fi was limited to 2 hours which wasn't long.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
csteadman, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2011

Beverley
I would like to thank you for your post following your recent stay at The Stratford Hotel.
I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, if you would like a longer amount of Wi-Fi, try one of our QStar bedrooms that come with unlimited wi-fi as well as lots of nice amenties and beverages.
Chris Steadman

Write a ReviewReviews (2,193)

Reviewed 31 January 2011

I stayed here for a 2 day work conference and found it to be very comfortable, clean and everyone was friendly and courteous so it made our conference nice and easy - we wanted for nothing - drinks were replenished all day and everything we needed was looked after.

Rooms were modern and spacious and furnished to a high standard. Breakfast was a great choice of hot and cold.

The location was amazing - right next to the station and a stones throw into town but not bang in the middle of any noise, its set in its own grounds. I would imagine it would be lovely having a wedding here, not sure if they do that.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

nelsmels
I would like to thank you for your very complementary review following your stay at The Stratford Hotel.
It is always reassuring to read that we meet the requirements of all our clients whether here to enjoy the town or a conference.
We do indeed to weddings and we are fast becoming one of the choice venues in Stratford upon Avon for weddings. We have some great packages and if you are intending on getting married, do get in touch and we will be delighted to share these with you.
Once again thank you for your post and I hope we see you again at the hotel in the near future, maybe for a celebration?

Reviewed 28 January 2011

The hotel has great location, easy parking, good service, staff are excellent nothing too much trouble. We ate in the hotel restuarant although they had a very large party dining, this did not impact on the service or Quality of the food.
We will booking to go back.

1  Thank wendyWKD

WendyWKD
I would like to thank you for your post and indeed your recommendation of the Stratford Hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 January 2011

We stayed for a weekend for my husbands birthday. The rooms are large with modern furniture and fittings. The rooms were clean apart from the layer of dust around the edges of the carpet! However, everything else was great. The bathrooms are a good size with good quality towels. The food was good too - they even had gluten free bread! The reception staff was some of the best I've come across.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting to be close to the centre of Stratford without all the noise.

1  Thank DeloresLeicester

Delores
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the post.
Chef always keeps gluten free options available so no need to request them on your next stay, they will be here!!
I would also like to thank you for mentioning the team, we do have a great team here at The Stratford and I will be sure to pass your comments to them at our next staff meeting.
Once again thank you and I hope we see you at the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 January 2011

My husband and i stayed at the Stratford hotel for one night, it was also a bit of a trip down memory lane as the hotel was once a ward, A&E and part of the old stratford hospital nurses home which was on first floor under the clock formerly known as "clock corridor" This is where i trained and lived as a pupil nurse over 23 years ago so it was interesting to see how they had adapted the old buliding.

The hotel was very modern and clean. The room we had although fairly small was beautifully decorated and felt ver warm and romantically cosy. The ambance of the hotel was also warm and inviting. The staff were very friendly and helpfull. The breakfast was very nice, plentifull and lots to choose from , altogether a lovely hotel and would definately go back and also recomend to others.

1  Thank KatyStaffordshire

Katystaffordshire
I would like to thank you for your very glowing report of The Stratford Hotel.
I was also glad that it re-kindled your memories of years gone by, we do have some nice pictures of how the hospital looked externally so if you would like them, please get in contact with me and I will happily send them to you.
Once again thank you for your post and I hope to see you back at the hotel/hospital very soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2011

I stayed at The Stratford for one night with my partner on a 'Romantic Package' I had booked through the Q Hotels website. We were checked in efficiently within 3 or 4 minutes and were really pleased when we went in to our room - large, spacious and very clean. We had dinner in the restaurant and were really impressed with how quickly we were seated and served by the staff - and the food was absolutely delicious. The location is also fab - being about 5/10 minutes walk in to the centre of Stratford. All in all, a lovely stay and we will definately be returning.

1  Thank Lauz_911

Lauz
It is great to see that romance is still alive, thank you for your post following your stay at The Stratford.
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we see you at the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 January 2011

Booked this on a Dinner, B&B deal as wanted to do some sightseeing in the area. Good central location, plenty of parking, room was perfect. Service in the restaurant in particular was excellent - we were served by a guy called Chris (think he was the restaurant manager), he was a perfect example of how it should be done. I'd probably give 4/5 to the actual food - well above most hotel restaurant standards but not quite 5/5. Overall, very good value and will certainly stay again if we come back to the area.

1  Thank JLM_11

JLM
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Stratford Hotel.
Thank you also for highlighting Chris Rooney's efforts, I will ensure your comments are shared with him.
I can assure you that on your next visit you will give chef a 5/5!!!
Once again, thank you for your post.