“Clean and modern but not the room we booked”

The Stratford, A QHotel
Reviewed 5 February 2011

I recently stayed at The Stratford with my boyfriend and was very impressed with the overall appearance of the hotel, the location and the spacious rooms. However, we booked a Double room hoping to have a romantic couple of days together in Stratford and were disappointed to find that we had been given Twin beds.

I checked my email confirmation again and saw that the final booking confirmation (sent on the morning we were travelling) did indeed say we had booked a Twin room, so I put this down to an error on our part. However, when we returned home I found the original booking email which confirmed that we had booked a Double room. The website did say that Twin rooms were available on request but as this was never requested, I was very disappointed that we had to share the night squeezing into a single bed.

In terms of the room quality though, we found them to a high standard and we would come back again (albeit that we will triple check our booking)!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
csteadman, General Manager at The Stratford, A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2011

Nic_Brum
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Stratford Hotel following your recent stay.
I was sorry to read that your room request not not met, my Operations Manager has noticed that you have already responded to our on line questionnaire and he will contact you directly.
Once again thank you for your mainly positive review and I am delighted to see that you would be happy to return in the future.
Chris Steadman

Write a ReviewReviews (2,173)

Reviewed 2 February 2011

My partner and i stayed at this hotel two weeks before xmas, when we first got the heavy snow. Due to the weather conditions, the things we had planned to do over the weekend were cancelled, so we stayed in the hotel.
The room was very well appointed and spotless. The only negative was that despite paying a premium for one of the larger rooms, it overlooked a small courtyard which was used-very noisily-by the smokers of a xmas party the hotel were holding.
The breakfast was excellent, as were the staff who very quickly accomodated our requests.
I would 100% recommend this hotel and would have no reservations about staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Blnode

Binode
Thank you for your post following your stay at The Stratford Hotel.
I was pleased you enjoyed your stay and I do apologise that your stay was interupted by Christmas Party goers. Next time you stay, please let us know and we will appoint you away from this area.
Once again thank you for your post and I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 February 2011

The hotel very good but not quite there. The room heating was inadeqaute. The weather was extremely cold during our stay and the room heating was not just up to it. Breakfast croissant on 30/01/11 were dry (stale) but reheated. Croissant were Ok next day. In all other respects this hotel was great. Very clean, well apointed with beutiful room and features. Hardwired broadband workj very well.

HotFrog
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Stratford Hotel, as you pointed out we have experienced extremem drop in temperatures and should this ever occur again we do have supplementary heaters to help with this.
I also apologies about the standard of the croissants, this will be addressed as we only like to provide fresh products for our breakfast offering.
Once again thank you for your post and I hope to see you again at the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 31 January 2011

This hotel was very near to the town ((about a 5 minute walk).
It was very clean and modern and beautifully decorated throughtout.
The staff were very helpful.
The menu for the evening meal was quite limited, but we all found something we liked.

The buffet breakfast was plentiful and very nice.
Free wi-fi was limited to 2 hours which wasn't long.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Beverley
I would like to thank you for your post following your recent stay at The Stratford Hotel.
I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, if you would like a longer amount of Wi-Fi, try one of our QStar bedrooms that come with unlimited wi-fi as well as lots of nice amenties and beverages.

Reviewed 31 January 2011

I stayed here for a 2 day work conference and found it to be very comfortable, clean and everyone was friendly and courteous so it made our conference nice and easy - we wanted for nothing - drinks were replenished all day and everything we needed was looked after.

Rooms were modern and spacious and furnished to a high standard. Breakfast was a great choice of hot and cold.

The location was amazing - right next to the station and a stones throw into town but not bang in the middle of any noise, its set in its own grounds. I would imagine it would be lovely having a wedding here, not sure if they do that.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

nelsmels
I would like to thank you for your very complementary review following your stay at The Stratford Hotel.
It is always reassuring to read that we meet the requirements of all our clients whether here to enjoy the town or a conference.
We do indeed to weddings and we are fast becoming one of the choice venues in Stratford upon Avon for weddings. We have some great packages and if you are intending on getting married, do get in touch and we will be delighted to share these with you.
Once again thank you for your post and I hope we see you again at the hotel in the near future, maybe for a celebration?

Reviewed 28 January 2011

The hotel has great location, easy parking, good service, staff are excellent nothing too much trouble. We ate in the hotel restuarant although they had a very large party dining, this did not impact on the service or Quality of the food.
We will booking to go back.

1  Thank wendyWKD

WendyWKD
I would like to thank you for your post and indeed your recommendation of the Stratford Hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 January 2011

We stayed for a weekend for my husbands birthday. The rooms are large with modern furniture and fittings. The rooms were clean apart from the layer of dust around the edges of the carpet! However, everything else was great. The bathrooms are a good size with good quality towels. The food was good too - they even had gluten free bread! The reception staff was some of the best I've come across.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting to be close to the centre of Stratford without all the noise.

1  Thank DeloresLeicester

Delores
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the post.
Chef always keeps gluten free options available so no need to request them on your next stay, they will be here!!
I would also like to thank you for mentioning the team, we do have a great team here at The Stratford and I will be sure to pass your comments to them at our next staff meeting.
Once again thank you and I hope we see you at the hotel again in the near future.