“If Carlsberg made staff, they would be like this.”

Stratford Manor Hotel
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“If Carlsberg made staff, they would be like this.”
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Have just stayed here for a family weekend and have nothing but praise for the staff, from the marvellous Joanne & Lucy on reception to the excellent bar staff to the truly stupendous restaurant staff, nothing was too much trouble. I can honestly say that we have never experienced that level of customer service in any hotel in the UK.

On our second day, the hotel even lent us a wheelchair as an elderly member of our party was having a problem with her wheelchair. After we had been out for the day, we were having a drink on the terrace when the reception staff noticed that the wheelchair had been returned, and came and found us on the terrace to see if we wanted to book a table in the restaurant as she was worried that it was getting a little busy and there were 8 of us. That's what I call excellent service.

The rooms are of a good standard (although maybe the beds could be a bit softer, they are very hard and although I like a firm bed, even I found it a bit uncomfortable), and the bathrooms are very modern. The rooms are spotless and spacious. One suggestion, a few more TV channels wouldn't go amiss.

The food in the restaurant is top notch ( recommend the belly pork starter and the beef olives main, delish), and is all presented to a high standard, and nothing is too much trouble for the staff.

The wine list is comprehensive and usually has special offers on it as well.

This is a hotel I would definitely recommend and would return to as well.

Well done to the management of this hotel for running such a tight yet friendly and accomodating ship.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
KTurnbull, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
Dear 43Becko.
You have just made my day with both your catchy headline and your kind comments. I am moved by them and will take real pleasure in passing on your comments today to Joanne, Lisa , our "stupendous" restaurant team and all of the team concerned last week. I know they will be delighted to have received personal mentions and will benefit from our rewarding excellence programme "ThankQ points". We do hope that we may welcome your family back to Stratford Manor in the near future. Yours sincerely, Keith Turnbull

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My wife and I have just returned from a two night stay at the Stratford Manor hotel. I have to say we were very impressed with the service and the facilities (for a good value hotel). We paid £85 a night including breakfast. The gym was well equipped for a hotel gym (inter alia for example 3 running machines, 4 exercise bikes; 3 cross trainers and 3 rowing machines plus weights machines and free weights) and the pool is a reasonable size.

But where the hotel really scored was with the service, nothing was too much trouble. For example, I have a bad back and need additional pillows to sleep, unfortunately we did not think to ask for these until after midnight. We need not have worried as housekeeping turned up minutes later with the pillows despite the hour. Another example was our newspaper, the requested Times was not outside the door as expected. However, when we asked about this at reception they said they would get us another but it might take half an hour because they will need to send a taxi into Stratford. The paper duly arrived and there was no charge for a taxi or indeed the newspaper on the bill.

If we have any criticism at all it would be of the layout of the dining room (where we had a very good breakfast) despite being surrounded by 20 acres of parkland the dining room has been built with no view and indeed very little day light.

However, despite this an excellent hotel which we will use again.

Dear KPurchase
May I thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind feedback following your stay this week. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here at Stratford Manor and that the team were able to meet the requests that you had. The team genuinely enjoy providing our guests with solutions and that is indeed how it should always be, but I can see from your comments you have found that this is not something that always happens in Hotels.
I regret I cannot then solve the location of our restaurant , but can recommend the patio for dining in good weather as an alternative.
Yours sincerely, Keith Turnbull
Derby in England
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We would go back to this modern clean friendly hotel, nothing to much trouble and the staff exceptional. Everything fell into place, we arrived early but our room was ready and we were allowed to check in straight away, the room was large and comfortable
The breakfast was good and plentiful with lots of choices.
The only down side was a 5 min drive to Stratford but parking was easy to find, but would not put us off further visits.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
KTurnbull, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Dear Lelly01
Thank you for your kind comments following your stay of last week. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here and will take great pleasure in passing on your comments to our "exceptional" staff. That will make their day. Although 5 minutes out of Stratford that has benefits regarding space on site for parking, grounds and a good size swimming pool and makes us more convenient for Warwick Castle and the Cotswolds next time.
Yours sincerely, Keith Turnbull
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I have to say I was bowled over with the staff, the hotel and my welcome. Incredibly friendly and professional, I was made to feel very welcome and after two days of constant travel it was much needed. The room was a great size, very comfortable and quiet. Really good size swimming pool and nice to have a sauna too. The food was delectable and that Martin Heap was a hoot! Don't challenge him to an off the cuff dance off or he'll moonwalk you right back to your room! I will happily recommend this hotel for the location and superior quality of stay. I will be back.

Also, their homegrown honey I bought for such a good cause has all been eaten and I now have to buy more as gifts for my family, friends, collegues.....and me!

Room Tip: Request the room on the highest floor at the rear of the property for the best view.
1 Thank MartinDugan
KTurnbull, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
Dear MirandaTung
Thank you for your kind comments following your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and purchased our Stratford upon Avon honey. It has created quite a Buzz! We have 4 hives on site under the watchful eye of local bee farmer Mr Peter Edwards. From this we are helping to support declining UK bee numbers and raise money for Asthma UK as all proceeds from the honey sales go to this charity. We have also just been awarded a Silver Award from the Green Tourism Board.
As for Martin and moonwalking, I dare not ask, but I do hope it is indicative of the individual service that we aim to offer our guests at Q Hotels. I do hope that we may welcome you back soon. Yours sincerely, Keith Turnbull.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2011

This is a good hotel for a quick break near Stratford. It is a few miles out but has a good carpark.The service is friendly and efficent.The rooms were spacious and clean.There are large grounds which could do with some attention and tidying up.There is potential for a 9 hole golf course.There is a small gym and a reasonable pool which is quite deep.
The breakfast was good with a well-stocked buffet.The evening meals were nicely presented and tasty but slightly expensive if not on a special deal
My wife had 3 nights good sleep as there was no noise from the other guests. A useful hotel for a break but lacks a bit of romance and character

Room Tip: Room on the grojund floor was a handy and quiet
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
StratfordManorOps, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
Dear DWright801,
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that we had the opportunity to look after you at Stratford Manor. I'm glad you enjoyed the swimming pool and our Shakespeare Restaurant. Our staff are friendly and welcoming and I hope, based on this experience, you will re-visit in the future.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We loved it, the staff were very friendly and efficient. Our room, though small was adequate, and spotlessly clean. Dinner was excellent, as was breakfast, and afternoon tea! It is just a short drive from the centre of Stratford-on-Avon, and we would certainly recommend it as the ideal base for exploring the area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
StratfordManorOps, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2011
Dear Blossom42,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Stratford Manor. I'm delighted to hear you had a great stay with us and you highly recommend Stratford Manor.
We have a great location in Warwickshire and are an ideal base for discovering the surrounding areas - whether it be a jaunt into the Cotswolds, a visit to Royal Leamington Spa, relaxing in Stratford-upon-Avon or some serious shopping in Birmingham.
I hope you will come and visit us again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I stayed here while travelling with my parents. This was a fantastic 4 star hotel without the expensive nightly rate. Hotel facilities were great with everything you could need including, restaurant, bar, sauna, steam room, free parking etc. It is a huge property so is about a 10-15min drive out of the city centre but if you are not dirivng they also have another property right in the heart of town. Staff were very friendly and made sure to point out the best deal possible that was available to us which ended up saving us over £60 for the 2 rooms. Hot tip - if you are staying on Sunday night they have £45 B&B rates if you join their club (joining fee £10). Would definitely stay again and recommend!!

Room Tip: Great hotel with fantastic facilities at a great price¬
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
StratfordManorOps, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
Dear angelac29,
Thank you for your review.
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our rates to be very favourable. Being a member of our Breakaway Club you will be notified of the special offers and deals available at all the Q Hotels and I hope you get the opportunity to explore the rest of the UK whilst using Q Hotels as a base.
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford-upon-Avon
The Stratford, A QHotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,022 reviews
Stratford Limes Hotel
Stratford Limes Hotel
#1 of 27 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Stratford Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!