“Superb Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Stratford Manor Hotel
Stockport
“Superb Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stayed at the Hotel for a 70th Birthday celebration and another social function on the following night, the food and the staff were all of a very high standard, having read one of the latest reviews of the hotel I didn't realise ther were 2 70th birthday celebrations on that evening because the one I went to the food was excellent and certainly no complaints from the people I sat with!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mictop
StratfordManorOps, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear mictop,
Thank you for reviewing Stratford Manor following your recent stay with us.
I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that both the food and service you received for the 70th birthday party met with your expectation.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Stratford Manor soon.
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
clunton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Good points:

Staff were excellent especially Marc who does the Bar and Restaurant.
Location.
Secure parking.

Not so good points.

Room was characterless, more like 3 star than 4.
Air con in Bar was far too cold.
Dining room, gloomy, airless.
Food was disapponting to say the least. Lack of vegetables (5 French Beans and 2 pieces of Carrot which were rock hard)
Menu for dining should incorporate some choices of 'good old English food', (a roast choice would be a nice touch).
Breakfast wasn't bad though with a wide choice.

As a smoker and there were many, the smoking area was neglected and was only cleaned once in 3 days, the furniture is ready for the knackers yard and the covered area was worse than useless. Smokers pay the same as everyone else and are entitled to be treated equally.
The hotel has a swimming pool to cater for swimmers so why not a decent covered area to cater for smokers?

The down pipes from the roof guttering are blocked at the front of the building, constant racket from overflowing gutters (it won't do the fabric of the building much good).

We run a 4 Star + B&B so know what guests expect and what we need to provide, sadly this hotel lacks some of the most basic of qualities.

Room Tip: With a bit of TLC and a better menu choice this hotel would be the place to stay.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with IKnowUK

Dear BobandValerie,
Thank you for your review and comments regarding your stay at Stratford Manor. I appreciate that our patio furniture does need replacing and I am in the process of requesting funds to allow us to provide new patio furniture as well as fit heating to our existing Jumberella.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy the food we have on offer. Our menus are regularly reviewed and we always look to incorporate cuisine that will appeal to all our guests whether they be staying for business, a conference or for leisure.
I wish you well in your 4* plus B&B business.
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

Stayed over the weekend for a 70th Birthday function, in the evening the quality of service was poor,we got our starters,then had to wait an hour for the main course, this also happened the next evening. The food was not too good, I would not recommend the rib eye steak or the so called home made burgers. The steak was more like rump and the burgers did not taste like home made,more like frozen burgers.The hotel was lacking atmosphere as I feel a bit of backing music in the bar area would not go a miss.
On a plus note the reception staff were good and efficient and helpful for their knowledge of the area.

Room Tip: Do not have a room near the car park,due to car doors being slammed.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear John B,
Thank you for reviewing Stratford Manor.
I am sorry that you experienced 'poor service' during your stay with us. For assurance, please do read many of the other comments we have received detailing the high level of service and customer care our team provide.
I can assure you that our meals are as described on our menus and that on the evening in question we were not informed of any dissatisfaction you had.
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

Stayed here as base for visiting Stratford and N Trust properties. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The food for breakfast and dinner was very good and well presented. I have found this at all the Q Hotels I have stayed at so far. No table cloths. It was very busy and and the kitchens coped admirably with all the orders did not hear one complaint. Only given one bottle of shampoo, conditioner and bath gel for two the entire stay and had to ask for more coffee twice for the room. Also room cup was chipped. The room was comfortable and very warm. My husband used the gym and pool and was pleased with them. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear BACNYorkshire,
Thank you for reviewing Stratford Manor.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are a regular Q Hotels visitor. The cup from your bedroom has now been replaced and I thank you for bringing it to me attention. I do hope you will continue to use Q Hotels and if you intend to visit Warwickshire again, I hope to welcome you back to Stratford Manor.
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife and I stayed for a weekend break at the Stratford Manor Hotel. This proved to be one of the best hotels we have stayed at. The reception staff were warm, welcoming and very helpful. The hotel including our room was very well furnished, decorated and clean. We dined in the main restaurant and were catered for by efficient and polite staff. The meal was of a very high standard. We have no negatives to report about this hotel. Do visit; you will be delighted. The Stratford Manor Hotel was better than a five star hotel that we recently stayed at. Thanks to QHotels and your staff.
Ron & Lorraine

Room Tip: Room 210 was at the rear of the hotel and was quite making sleeping very comfortable. We were told t...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StratfordManorOps, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Ron D,
Thank you for your lovely review on TripAdvisor. I'm delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us over the weekend. Q Hotels invested over £200,000 in Stratford Manor last year and I am delighted to announce that works will be commencing in June to create 3 treatment rooms at the Hotel along with investment in our leisure club changing rooms. I do hope that should you return to Warwickshire in the future you will consider staying with us again?
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary at the hotel and were very pleased with our experience. Check in was very efficient and friendly. Local knowledge was very helpful from the staff. We used the gym and pool of which both were clean and all equipment working.

Our room was lovely and clean and we were greeted by a card congratulating us on our anniversary (nice touch). The only minor gripe I can make is with the lack of air-conditioning (although a fan was in the room which of course did help).

We stayed on a DBB rate and used the main restaurant in the evening. Staff were great and the food was lovely. We even had a complimentary glass of bubbly at the end of the meal!

Breakfast was very busy the next morning and we had to wait a few minutes for a table but the staff were very apologetic (not a problem for us). Breakfast selection was great and tea and coffee were delivered to our table.

Check out was swift, efficient and friendly. No issues at all.

Cant wait to stay again at this hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
StratfordManorOps, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Wendy H,
Thank you for taking the time to review Stratford Manor. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff recognised your special occasion. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Grantham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

We have just had a wonderful break here, the staff were great, helpful and friendly. Came home feeling relaxed and ready to take on the world again.

1 Thank moodyk
Dear moodyk,
Thank you for your review. I'm really pleased that you have returned home thoroughly relaxed after your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford-upon-Avon
The Stratford, A QHotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,945 reviews
Stratford Limes Hotel
Stratford Limes Hotel
#1 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Stratford Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!