“Girlie weekend away”

Stratford Manor Hotel
Coventry, West Midlands
“Girlie weekend away”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I've just returned from an excellent weekend away at The Stratford Manor Hotel. 15 of us stayed there on a spa package which proved to be great value and included accommodation, spa treatments and food. The rooms were spacious and nicely decorated, the spa area nice with relaxing treatments and a warm pool. Food was of a high quality, and service in the restaurant good. Drinks at the hotel were a bit on the pricey side, but that would be our only complaint.
We were very impressed with the staff throughout the hotel. All were efficient and friendly. Special mention to The spa supervisor, Claire and also to Chris on reception. Chris was wonderful at seeing to our every need, making us feel welcome and putting up with our banter- thank you very much.

• Stayed February 2013
Adam C, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Dear Foster97
Thank you for your lovely feedback on your stay at Stratford Manor. I am most pleased to hear that you enjoyed your girlie weekend with us. I have shared your comments with the teams here and your comments have made their day, especially Claire and Chris who aims to please.
Adam Coventry, Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

My best friend brought me here for a hen do treat. We arrived to be told there aren't any robes or slippers as they had ran out:/ they only stock 5. He rang around and was saying'have u got any robes, don't matter about the slippers' he didnt get us to fill out out allergy or lunch forms. Which luckily someone else took over and sorted for us. The floor of the pool smelt like bad smelly feet which we could smell doing our lengths. Went to lunch and waited 45munutes for our food, fatty ham, vile stale unfresh cheesecake and a dry tasteless chicken skewer. Went back to the pool to find 4 boisterous boys dive bombing, diving, throwing each other in, shouting, splashing, screaming. Hardly relaxing! The manager did have words with the mother though so that was quickly sorted. Changing rooms are tiny. No private changing areas and one bench. We found a woman with a baby and small child really struggling. Not child friendly. Treatments were amazing! Jenny and rose were really friendly and thorough. We won't be back. Ardencote all the way!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear MazzaHiltz
Thank you for you feedback on your stay at Stratford Manor. I am truly sorry that you did not fully enjoy you time with us. I have passed your comments on to our leisure club who have addressed the issue you raise. I am pleased that you found Jenny's treatments to be 'amazing', she was most pleased to hear this.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2013

we have just returned from 3 nights at the manor. first it is a very good 4 star hotel with brilliant staff from start to finish. fabby facilities and very tidy, clean and spacious rooms. the food was ok and the variety was there for all ages and food types. sadly we felt it was a let down at sunday morning breakfast where i had to wait 40 minutes for the food to be served on the hot plates. there was some eggs, some bacon, some beans but not all at the same time so i opted to wait until all the various foods. sausages, bacon eggs etc where all laid out and ready to be enjoyed together rather than picking at the foods on offer. this took just under the hour and i was severly disapointed with this. still please be assured the staff and the hotel are brilliant. we noted they didnt fill up the juices on this morning or replace various stuff as quickly as they should have. maybe better organisation of staff or simply more staff on a very busy day would have helped.

we also noted the pool times for small children timed with feeding patterns and bedding etc so maybe worth hearing and also maybe worth thinking about, although the 9-11 time for children was ok the evening time, 5-8 didnt suit at all.

again can we say that we enjoyed our trip and stay and do recommend a fabby hotel to you.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear dave m
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Stratford Manor. I am sorry you experienced some problems during your breakfast on the Sunday, our Restaurant Manager has taken action to ensure this was an isolated incident. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Adam Coventry, Operation Manager
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Had a wonderful stay in the Stratford Manor. Very friendly staff, lovely spacious room and Spa facilities good. Food was good but pretty pricy and drinks very expensive. Only negative I would add is the bar area was pretty chilly so had to wrap up! Otherwise a great stay and would happily go back :-)

Room Tip: We had room 173, it was very quiet!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sam C
Thank you for you review. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments on the Spa I'm pleased you found the facilities to be good and our team to be friendly, they pride themselves on their service. I look forward to welcoming you back in thew future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed overnight at this hotel on 22nd January for a conference. When I got to my room at the end of the first day of the conference my room was very cold. I turned the radiator stat up to max but nothing happened so phoned reception. They said they would bring up a portable heater (which they did straight away) and get the porter to mend the heating (which they didn't). Obviously for fire safety reasons I didn't want to leave the heater on when I wasn't in the room. Bearing in mind it was snowing and very cold outside. The following morning at breakfast the food on the hot counter was actually cold. I do have to say though that the staff were very nice and friendly and the room was comfortable and quiet. But I would have expected more from a 4* hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lmaj_13
Dear Imaj_13
Thank you for your valued feedback on your stay at Stratford Manor. I am sorry you were entirely satisfied during your visit to us and fully understand you comments regarding the temperatures.
I am pleased to see you appreciated the friendly team and your quiet room.
I do hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed in this very convenient hotel in stratford upon Avon. The hotel is very bright and the staff are extremely welcoming. The room we had was extremely spacious, modern, clean and classy.

The breakfast was absolutely fantastic, plenty of choice and the sitting area was very comfortable.

Stratford upon avon is an extremely historic and wonderful place to visit, and to stay in a brilliant hotel really made our long weekend.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Dawn

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dawn A
Dear dawn A
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you found plenty of choice for your breakfast and were comfortable in the Restaurant.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I stay here at least one a week on business and although, hand on heart, I have never eaten dinner here, I enjoy the hotel if nothing more than its location, the quality of the furnishings but more so the ambiance and fantastic feel of the rooms. After a heavy day in work i relish returning to my room (with a takeaway!!) and "staying in" watching TV! The only minor negative I have is the position of the chairs and table limit the viewing on the TV and the TV does not swivel for variable viewing angles..... Breakfast is...well it is no more or less than a Premier Inn, the staff are very good though which tips the balance. The bar is impersonal and I have never felt like relaxing there....something missing here that i cant quite pin point. But as a base for those of you looking to discover Stratford Upon Avon and Billy Shakespeare...its perfect.

Room Tip: They are all great but vary in size and can suffer from the rake of the roof on the higher levels, s...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank PrincessCardiff
Dear PrincessCardiff,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.
It is nice to hear that we are getting it right for you. As you say we have a great central location as a base for the local area, be it business or pleasure. If you would like our Kitchen brigade to make you your preferred 'takeaway' please let us know, they are very flexible.
Adam Coventry, Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford-upon-Avon
The Stratford, A QHotel
Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel
#21 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Stratford Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!