Stratford Manor Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Stratford Limes Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
View Hotel
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Stratford Upon Avon(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Payton Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
View Hotel
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Pool
1,497 results
All reviewsq hotelsbreakaway clubspa treatmentsswimming poolsauna and steam roomevening mealleisure facilitiesreception staffrestaurant staffgood sizelovely hotelspa areashort drivenight breakfour star hoteltrouser pressplenty of parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Excellent hotel with excellent facilities; Gym, pool etcs
Rooms are spaceous and clean. All staff where friendly and helpful.
Didn't get chance to try the restaurant evening menu but the breakfast provided was very nice
Small drive from Stratford centre.
Would definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed: April 2013
Adam C, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear Moatystravels
Thank you for your review of Stratford Manor. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I only hope on your next visit you are able to join us for dinner, the chefs are very talented.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

My wife and I stayed one night and the service, the food and all the amenities which we would wish to use were excellent. However, we were in a total party of 10 people including my son, his wife and their 2 children. They had been promising the children that when they arrived after a 3 hour drive they would be able to go to the swimming pool in the hotel. We were very surprised and somewhat irritated to find that the pool was closed to children at the weekends until 5pm. Given that young children are often fed at around 5pm and then bathed and put to bed, it was a pity that my son had to plead with the duty manager who relaxed the rule at about 4.45pm. We have discussed this issue since and can see no logical reason for this rule as there is a separate section to the pool for children, albeit as part of the main pool but marked off with floating lane markers. When we eventually visited the pool we noticed through the windows, the wooden climbing tower outside which could have been useful to entertain the children but this was not mentioned by the receptionists. On Sunday morning, we found out why! The wooden structure was in a good state of repair but the slide down which children would have left the tower was broken and taped off for safety reasons. My wife has described the hotel as "Paying lip service to catering for children". I think that sums it up.
Had it not been for the above issues, I would have given a 5-star rating.

I notice that Adam C is in the habit of commenting on reviews both good and bad (justifiably few!) and I look forward to his thoughts on this one, although I was pleased to see that all reviews are read by the hotel management including a previous report regarding the state of the towels. I can now report that the towels we had seemed very new.

Room Tip: If you have children with you, make sure you know where the room is before you accept it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Adam C, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

Dear Northard2please46
Thank you for your review of your stay at Stratford Manor.
I am pleased to read that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us.
I am sorry to hear you felt let down by the children’s play area and would like to offer my apologies. Please rest assured that for the slide in question we are awaiting delivery of a replacement due to damage and will be replaced imminently, I am just sorry it was not here in time for your youngsters.
Our Spa facilities are a new development at Stratford Manor, and in order to create the suitable ambiance around poolside we have introduced Splash times for children, my sympathies that these were not ideal for you. I am pleased that we managed to accommodate in this instance.
I am glad to see that the new towels are proving suitable.
I hope to be able to welcome you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed for a three day break and very much enjoyed our time in the hotel.It was really well located only a short distance from Stratford's centre yet away from the crowds and traffic but within easy reach of lots of historic sites including Kenilworth Castle and some interesting National Trust houses including Compton Verney with it's award winning art gallery, Charlcote Park on the river Avon with its deer seen at close hand, Chastelton House, a rare Jacobean country house and the moated Baddesley Clinton manor with its delightful estate walks

I would certainly recommend a room upgrade if there is an offer to do so for those little extras that make you feel special besides the larger room there's the paper of your choice, fresh milk, real coffee, a minibar selection replenished daily and those lovely white dressing gowns for lounging in.
The staff here are what makes the hotel so good from the minute you enter the door everyone is friendly, helpful, attentive and efficient as well as always having a welcoming smile. When I cut my finger while out, on my return, a plaster was immediately found. When the housemaid forgot to replace one set of towels reception responded immediately and brought replacements. Staff I'd particularly single out were reception, the maitre'd and the waiter in the bar. They were all star performers. I wasn't an easy customer for dinner as I have problems with my diet but the maitre'd was always accommodating and helpful. The food in the dining room was good though the desserts were disappointing. The set menu changed daily which was a definite bonus.

I would advise early rising to enjoy the full buffet breakfast as by 9am it was much reduced with bluberry muffins, croissants, danish pastries black pudding missing one or more times.

I would be very happy to make a return visit.

Room Tip: The executive rooms at the front have larger windows and are sunnier and though there is traffic noise at busy times it was not a problem. They also overlook the car park though again this was not a problem.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear edithg24
Thank you for your Excellent review. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you visited most of the attractions in the local area, you must have been busy. I hope you still found enough time to enjoy the hotel facilities, the Spa and Leisure club are an ideal place to relax for a few hours.
I hope to be able to welcome you back to Stratford manor again some time soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Stayed here 4 nights - wish it was longer.

Arrived monday and duscovered I had left something at home, my medication!

With the help of the receptionist I was able to arrange to collect some more and begin to enjoy my break. I had been panicking and the actions of the young man calmed me down, so a big thank you.

I loved our room, near the tennis court and more especially the peace and quiet, a change from where I live.

Having had the bus times explained to us, one an hour seems odd to me but then I rembered I was in the country and settled back to wait.

Food was delicious, perhaps not always to my taste but then I am a fussy eater - solution simple, pick a dish that sounds familiar and eat as much as I could, even if I sometimes didn't finish my main cause I never went hungry!

Yes, I could have had a la carte but being away from home is not just about the hotel and the area, it is for me, at least, about eating things I may not cook at home. In fact, I plan to try to make several of the main courses at home, I enjoyed them so much!

Last but by no means least, the staff - helpful, considerate and always cheerful, quite a feat with so many differing characters and temperaments to serve.

All in all, I can't wait to go back, now I know what ican see and do - with and without the car.

Room Tip: Try room 47 - peaceful with a great bed
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunbeanlady01

Dear sunbeanlady01
Thank you for your Gem of a review of Stratford Manor. I am pleased you have had an enjoyable few day here with us. I have shared your comments with our kitchen brigade, who try to cater for all palates, and they are pleased that you approve of our menus. I do hope you managed to see all of the sights while with us, Warwick Castle, Royal Leamington Spa, Shakespeare's Stratford upon Avon. If not then please do come and stay again to see the ones you have missed.

Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night here in transit home from Gatwick airport. Reception staff were friendly and welcoming, and the spa and leisure facilities where just what we needed after a long flight! Facilities and friendly welcome from all staff, reception, bar staff, and restaurant was great.
Breakfast was good too! Overall a pleasurable experience and if we are up in your neck of the woods will definitely stay again! Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Lotish
Thank you for your review of your stay at Stratford Manor. I am glad you have had a relaxing time, and found that our central location was ideal for breaking up your journey. I have shared your comments with the team and they are pleased to have made your stay excellent.
I hope to welcome you back again in the future.