Stratford Manor Hotel
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I attended a conference at the hotel Oct 2013 and stayed two nights. The conference facilities were very good as was the food that accompanied it. However the service for dinner in the evening was appalling and you had to ask two or three times for everything. There seemed to be two staff on duty only covering the dining room the bar and other duties. Two and a half hours for a two course dinner and coffee is a joke! The food itself though was excellent. I know I'm from Yorkshire and 'careful' but £22 for a bottle of Argentine plonk is taking the piss. They are either buying wrong or selling wrong.

Room Tip: Face east for a nice sunrise across the green countryside.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Adam C, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear MVH1953
Thank you for your review following your stay with us. I am pleased that overall you have rated us highly and appreciated the conference facilities and the meals. My apologies for the concerns you raise during you dining, this is not indicative of our normal levels of service, your comments have been discussed with the team here.
The beautiful sunrise that you talk of can also be appreciated from our patio area with a cup of coffee, what better way to start the day.
Yours Sincerely
Adam Coventry, Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,455)

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My partner choose this hotel for us as a get away break to Stratford-Upon-Avon to celebrate our anniversary, although it would have been a short walk into Stratford it was a good location to get away from it all and enjoy a little bit of luxury. The receptionist was truely welcoming and helpfull on arrival, the pool and sauna just the right atmosphere to relax and unwind after an exhausting afternoon. We would recommend a trip to the butterfly centre in town as I found the pink butterfly truely special to both of us, thank you partner. why only 9.5, wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidAndrea2013

Dear DavidAndrea2013
Thank you for your review following your stay at Stratford Manor. I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed yourselves while with us. As you say the pool is a great environment to relax and unwind, if you add in a massage in the Spa then all your troubles just seem to disappear. Please do return soon and stay longer in order that we can get that full marks score.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Only stayed one night, thankfully, whilst the room was lovely and the swim was great, room service food and breakfast buffet was awful. 7.45am and the "hot" food was stone cold! Staff were very helpful throughout the hotel. Cleanliness was great. Plenty parking. Disappointed as had read great view on TA.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Adam C, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear Buzzybee61
Thank you for you review following your stay with us. I am pleased that you have appreciated the room and the pool and found our team here to be very helpful. I am sorry you have not enjoyed you meal experiences with us, I have discussed you comments with our Kitchen brigade to ensure this was an isolated incident. I am sure we can change you opinion on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were with a large group for just one night and my husband had to be at a meeting at 10.30am but we couldn't check in until 3pm. However, the staff were very pleasant and provided me with coffee when we first arrived. I used the swimming pool and spa which was very good. I also had lunch in the lounge bar and the staff were excellent. I was finally able to check in at 2.30pm and was immediately upgraded - a very pleasant surprise. The room was brilliant, the bed very comfortable and the food was excellent and I have nothing but praise for the whole hotel and staff. It's only downside is that you need transport to get in to Stratford itself as it is quite a long way out of town. We would go there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the ground floor to the side of the hotel - no noise!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Adam C, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Margaret M
Thank you for your review of Stratford Manor. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and that we managed to accommodate your early arrival. I hope you took advantage of some of the excellent treatments while in the Spa, they are great for a relaxing weekend. I am glad you would chose to come back again because I would love to see some of those cars again, they are a sight to see.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here for one night as a flying trip as wanted to visit Stratford upon Avon. We didn't get off to a great start as we attempted to walk from Stratford upon Avon train station to the hotel. We were aware it would take us 30 minutes as it's a 3 mile walk but we ended up walking along a main road that had no path and we we're put into a very unsafe position. I was upset with this as I never saw anything on the hotel website that said it was virtually impossible to walk into the town. If we had know we would have drove. Because of this we had no choice but to fork out on taxis which were £8 each way. No too expensive and the taxi service was prompt and regular. Still, we didn't budget to spend nearly £40 on just taxis when we were willing to walk. We arrived at the hotel and the staff are very friendly as well as the bar staff who were chatty and welcoming. Rooms were clean and beds very comfy and breakfast was by far the best I've had in a hotel in a long time. The only problem with this hotel is location and I would definitely opt in future for the sister hotel near the town or one of the many other hotels that were in the centre.

Dear Shelley M
Thank you for your review following your stay with us. I am pleased to read that you found the facilities in the hotel to be lovely. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast, after all it is the most important meal of the day. As you mention we are out of the centre of town, which means we benefit for 21 acres of beautiful countryside around the hotel, Ii hope you managed to experience our nature trail in the grounds.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Booked for two nights, we were given a room on the ground floor facing the drop off area, this proved to be very noisy and we moved the next day (without any difficulty) to a quiet room with a lovely view at the back of the hotel. We ate in the restaurant on both nights and have nothing but praise for the food and service. The maitre d' (Lizo), with his memory and attention to detail makes him a real credit to the hotel. The only minus points would be the wardrobe, its far too small and the t.v could do with a moveable bracket.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.

Dear badgerflyer
Thank you for your review of Stratford Manor following your stay with us. I am pleased you have had an enjoyable time and have shown your review to Lizo, he is glad to have left a lasting impression.
Adam Coventry, Operation Manager

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Visited the Hotel on a girly Spa weekend and we we're thoroughly impressed! The service in every area was fantastic, especially in the bar where we were very well looked after and entertained by Tony and also received a fantastic personal service by the Greek Maitre De in the Restaurant. The food was also of a very high standard at all sittings and at £119 for lunch, dinner B&B and an hours treatment included a great deal too!

• Stayed: September 2013
Adam C, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear sazzle1976
Thank you for your Fantastic review of your stay with us. I am pleased that you have an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your kind words on Tony and Vassili, they are pleased to have left a lasting impression. I hope to be able to welcome you back for another girly weekend in the near future.