1,624 results
All reviews q hotels spa treatments breakaway club swimming pool sauna and steam room evening meal leisure facilities sister hotel reception staff restaurant staff good size spa area lovely hotel short drive night break trouser press plenty of parking
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Spa pool area very quiet on Friday afternoon, I was the only person in the pool. Small sauna and steam room but no jacuzzi. Water available to drink but no bin for cups. Drinks & pastries in the bar made up for pool experience well presented and great service.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda P
Adam C, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of your Spa Day with us. I am pleased that overall you have had a relaxing day with us, and that you enjoyed the bar.
I have discussed your comments with the Leisure manager who has now taken corrective action.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed for one night on the 13th January as I had a two day course at the hotel.

Meeting room was good with a nice breakout area. Lunch was a very good choice on both days - hot food, salads, soup and desserts. Check in was smooth and helpful. Was checked into room 219. Excellent size, lots of choices of pillows and a nice touch having a sky plus box. Free mini bar and upgraded toiletries were very welcome.

Had an evening meal booked - good choice. Had pate and pork belly. Pork belly was very good with nice presentation. Watched the football in the bar - slight gripe that San Miguel was £4.10 a pint but this is a hotel so was expected.

Had a comfortable and quiet nights sleep. In the morning, had breakfast. Was made fresh upon order (not enough guests to put the buffet out I dont think?). Lots of choices. Opted for the full works which was very tasty, hot and plentiful. Check out was smooth again and the free parking is handy.

All in all, a good stay. Personally I would like to be closer to the town centre with a bit more life but ideal for a spa retreat. Didnt use lesiure facilities but looked good. The bar was expensive and lacked atmosphere but it was a Monday night after all!!! Think the hotel in general was very quiet due to the time of the year but all staff were polite and helpful.

Didnt take his name but a special mantion to the gentleman running front of house for dinner on the 13th and breakfast on the 14th. Happy, smily guy of African origin I think (deepest apologies if I have that wrong - no offence intended). He was very polite and remembered you the morning after you had dinner - nice touch and a credit to the hotel.

Would stay again.

Room tip: 219 was good overlooking car park but more expensive than a standard room I think?
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Shooterkip
Thank you for your review following your stay with us. I am pleased to see you have enjoyed your stay with us. The Head Chef is happy to read your comments on breakfast and dinner, his brigade put a lot of effort into the menus are glad this is enjoyed.
Your kind comments for Cyril have been very well received, thanks for the recognition.
I hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights at a company conference. My bedroom was very comfortable although I would have taken out 1 of the easy chairs to give a bit more space, bathroom was very spacious for a hotel and spotlessly clean. The food was all of a good standard and the service was very good both in the restaurant reception. The conference coffee was not to my taste so I stuck with tea including fruit and peppermint tea.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Gnt4210
Thank you for your review of Stratford Manor. I am pleased that you have had an enjoyable stay during your conference with us. I hope you find some time to come and enjoy the facilities while off work, our Leisure & Spa make for a relaxing weekend.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Took advantage of the New Year special offer of 2 nights to celebrate the New Year. Couldn't fault it, from the warm and welcoming reception, the dinner on the first night, the breakfasts, the New Year dinner - everything was marvellous. On the first night we had a Table Magician. He sat at our table dioing a few tricks and even though I couldn't get any closer i still couldn't see how he did them. On New Year's Eve we had a Jazz Band playing from 8 - 11pm followed by a disco till the early hours. brilliant time and would thoroughly recommend this hotel. it is only 5 minutes from Stratford and 10 minutes from Warwick so plenty to see and do in the area. Ideal.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Edward R
Thank you for your review following your stay with us. I am pleased that you have had a good New Year break with us. It sounds like you enjoyed all the entertainment we had on. Don't delay in booking for this New Year, the magician is already practicing some new tricks.

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We stay here often and absolutely love it. Location is great, rooms are lovely. All staff very friendly and helpful especially bar staff that worked all day on sat 4th Jan. Amazing meal in the restaurant, loved the lemon tart dessert!! Breakfast good. Service could of been better with dinner, inexperienced staff but will still stay again

Date of stay: January 2014
Christine E, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for coming back to Stratford Manor Hotel, its good to hear you loved it again! I have thanked the bar staff that were working on the 4th, they all appreciate your lovely comments. Hopefully we will all see you again in the near future and I must say the lemon tart is delicious!
Regards