“Do not bother as a solo traveller”

Stratford Manor Hotel
London
“Do not bother as a solo traveller”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Arrived first day and was checked in accordingly. Had Booked Dinner, Bed, & Breakfast.

Dinner started at 7.00pm

Arrived at 7.05pm, but they could not serve me as they had two large parties booked. (Plenty of tables were still available) Waiter said he would do what he could after the starter orders were taken, and come and find me in the Bar when they could fit me in.

Had a drink in the Bar, watching many other large groups going through for dinner.

Gave up at 8.30pm, and went back to my room.

Reception called at 8.40 asking if I still wanted Dinner!!!!!!! I said it was now to late.

Second night, arrived at 7.00pm as soon as they opened, could not serve me as a party of 62 was booked, although they were not seated yet. Said they would contact me when they could fit me in, maybe at 7.30pm!

After the previous nights' fiasco, I decided to check out and return home as it would probably be quicker!

Comments:-
No mention at check-in was made to have to book the restaurant.
As a single traveller, restaurants normally fit you in, and serve you quickly. (I travel internationally, and stay away around 50-100 nights per year)
The previous two nights I stayed in a very busy Premier Inn with an attached Beefeater, and the service was excellent, with no waiting for a table!

The Hotel did credit me for the two missing dinners, but a total charge of £300 for two nights, when I did not bother with second night, means I shall not be staying at this establishment again!

I would suggest if you are attending a conference at this Hotel, you book accommodation in the main town of Stratford-upon-Avon. At least you will have a choice of restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: I should imagine all the rooms were of a similar standard. Mine was clead and well equipped.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank Business_ClassLondon
Adam C, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Business_ClassLondon,

I am sorry to hear about your disappointing stay, especially regarding the restaurant.
I have personally looked at the Restaurant bookings for the days of your stay and can confirm that we did have various large groups in on those days and unfortunately because there was no booking for you that early, the restaurant could not cater for you at that time.
At Stratford Manor Hotel we strive in giving a good service at a high quality, so although physical tables were available in the restaurant at the time, in order to offer the level of food service expected we could no accomodate. I have also spoken to the Reception team regarding why a table booking was not made on check in, we have narrowed it down to human error and can only apologize for this.

I hope you come and stay wit us so we can restore your faith in our hotel
Adam Coventry, Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were celebrating our silver wedding and chose this hotel because of the look of the rooms, the spa and pool area and general location of the hotel - we were not disappointed. We were greeted by friendly and helpful staff who wished us Happy Anniversary and were given a free room upgrade. Chocolates, champagne and a big bunch of flowers were waiting for me in the room. (All ordered and paid for in advance by my husband). We went to the spa and was advised where everything was. The pool area was very clean and the pool was warm. The sauna and steam rooms were great. We decided to eat in the restaurant and the food and service was excellent. We noticed that there was a large group of people attending conferences so after talking to the Maitre d he advised us it was probably better to come down later for breakfast as it would be quieter - we did and it was. All in all a lovely hotel, clean room and very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen H
Dear Karen H,

I hope you had a lovely Silver Anniversary at our hotel and am glad our Reception team could organise flowers and champagne in the room as requested. I am also very pleased to hear that our Spa and Restaurant managed to give you good advice on making everything run smoothly for you. Fingers crossed we might see you for the Golden Aniversary?
Cambridgeshire
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night. The booking of the hotel was o.k. however had to chase for confirmation as this had been forgotten to be sent. On arrival to the hotel we were greeted warmly and all the facilities were explained to us. The room was a good size and clean. Nothing was missing that you would need apart from air conditioning which I could see maybe an issue in warmer weather but a fan was provided. We ate in the hotel restaurant and from start to finish it was amazing. The food was excellent, the staff couldn't do enough for you and although the price is a little on the high side it was worth the money. The hotel is situated outside of Stratford by a few miles. We didn't have the time to use the hotels spa or pool but from what we saw it looked a good size and well kept. The grounds outside were nice and the hotel certainly has a good entrance and great parking which is free. I would be happy to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BuzzFamily
Dear Buzz Family,

Thank you for staying at Stratford Manor, Our Head Chef is pleased to hear your thoughts on the food in the Restaurant, he and his brigade aleways aim to please. On your next visit make sure you stay longer to try out the Leisure & Spa, the massages ar amazing.
Oxfordshire
Reviewed 5 July 2014

A very nice hotel, and fairly close to stratford. gardens and pool are lovely. The room was of a good size and very clean. There was an ice machine located not far from the room, and as the weather was hot was a welcome addition to the room facilities. def worth a visit, but its fairly pricey for a stay unless you obtain a last minute deal!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rhondaoxfordshire
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My partner has whisked me away here (yes I am currently relaxing by the pool). All of the staff are so friendly and welcoming whilst the food is all fresh and beautifully cooked. The grounds offer lovely walks and you do not need to go far to see the gorgeous surrounding views. We have had the pleasure of two spa treatments where the staff are bubbly and the treatments are so relaxing my partner fell asleep...twice! Lol. We are having such an amazing time, made more special by the staff and hotels flexibility. As two people with stressful jobs and two little girls our time together is precious, being here has given us real down time. We shall definitely be back! Thank you so much. :)

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TraceyR86
Dear TraceyR86.
I am glad to hear your putting a review on trip advisor whilst still with us relaxing by the pool! The bubbly spa girls are delighted they made your stay and helped your relax over your days away, they are only sorry that they had to wake your partner.
Maybe come back in the summer with the girls? There is plenty to do in Stratford and they can also enjoy the pool at splash times and the playground out the back.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I visited the hotel with my mum for a relaxing break. The hotel was lovely and the staff could not do enough for you.
We had booked a deal where breakfast and our evening meal were included. The food in the restaurant was excellent.
The spa facilities were not the best I've experienced, there is no jacuzzi and the sauna is snug when there are a few people in there.
The rooms are average, however there are no safes in the rooms.

Stayed July 2014
Dear OurAmanda,
Thank you for your review of Stratford Manor Hotel, all the staff are pleased to hear they could not do enough for you. As you have mention our spa facilities are not the largest, but what we lose in size, we hope to make up with the treatments. The therapists are great and very friendly.
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had only booked the afternoon slot which was 2pm til 7pm. Very friendly and helpful staff.
The pool area was very quite only another 2 girls there on the loungers...Would have liked to have swam more but the water was too high for me, as i am not a very strong swimmer...!!!....It was ok as a afternoon of relaxation and for what we had paid (groupon offer) it was worth the drive to Stratford.....Oh, we also had refreshments and pastrys after before we left which was in the lounge area, very quite as only us two there....Would book again but maybe have some treatments next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Talli B,
Thank you for your review of Stratford Manor Hotel. I am happy to hear you found our leisure staff friendly and helpful and glad you made the most of your groupon voucher. We do recommend when booking on groupon, calling us to book any treatments and as you can see from previous reviews our treatments are highly recommended.
Adam Coventry, Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford-upon-Avon
The Stratford, A QHotel
#14 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Stratford Limes Hotel
Stratford Limes Hotel
#1 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Stratford Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!