“Great little gem on the outskirts of Stratford-Upon-Avon with friendly staff.”

Stratford Manor Hotel
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was there on a girlie pampering weekend. I didn't have any expectations off the hotel as it had been so long since I'd been to Stratford, I wanted to be surprised - which I was! The hotel is clean, friendly staff - the food is amazing - Lots of it, too. Breakfast was lovely. The spa was a good size with one of the best steam rooms I've ever been in. We had a 2 night spa break - excellent value at £208 for 2 nights DBB, including lunch one of the days, and 3 mini treatments, fully use of the spa - can't wait to go back! One of my treatments was a back, neck & shoulder massage - this was one of the best I've ever had, and I've travelled a fair bit! It was one of the hottest weekends, but the room had a standing fan in the corner, which helped us out - the only thing we could find fault was that the bathroom was sooooo hot, but as I said, it was one of the hottest weekends. We took the bus into town - the bus stop being at the end of the road, as Stratford was never easy parking a car, as I remember - it was busy, so made the right choice and lovely parking up the car for a couple of days and completely chilling out. Thank you Stratford Manor for a much enjoyed weekend - hope to be back soon - better start saving now!

Room Tip: Our room was at the back, looking onto the terrace/archery area - lovely and quiet - had great night...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Nina A
Adam C, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Nina, A,
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your spa break with us and it sounds like you’ve had a nice relaxing time in the steam room. Wow what a great claim that the massage ione of the best you have had, the Spa girls are so pleased.
Adam Coventry, Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,465)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights got a deal through venere 149.00 bed and breakfast. Staff very friendly and polite. Breakfast very good everything well stocked and great service.Room good toiletries supplied in bathroom and restocked the next day. 5 min drive to town centre hotel taxi charges 8.00 very good service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 16hack

Dear 16Hack,
Thank you for you review following your stay with us. I am pleased that you have had a good time at the hotel and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed one night last weekend. Disappointed could only choose the romantic break which was £165 for two including bed, breakfast, bottle of champagne and chocs. Would have preferred not to have to pay extra for champagne and chocs.
However hotel very clean, accommodation very comfortable. Dinner was very good and breakfast the normal Q hotel food.

Didn't use the leisure facilities. Lots of secure parking. Great location for Stratford, Warwick and Leamington Spa.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Janet S

Dear Janet S,
I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. For future reference other packages can be booked through our central reservations on 0845 074060 including bed and breakfast and dinner, bed and breakfasts only rates, and this is were the best rates can be found.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Have stayed here several times often arriving late. Location is excellent if you are moving up and down the UK as it is close enough to the motorway network to be a stop-off yet far enough away to be a quiet and relaxing experience and obviously handy for Stratford (although a drive not a walk). Have always found service friendly and food good. In my experience they manage the balance between business, function and families/individuals well. Even though there are often events etc underway I have never been disturbed (the layout of the hotel helps this as the rooms are all on corridors which stick out from the central dining/function areas meaning noise doesn't easily travel) or unable to enjoy the hotel. One note of caution - the pool is not the greatest for kids and the gym is small so not really a place for a "leisure break".

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Tzial

Dear Tzial,
Thank you for using Stratford Manor once again. I am happy to hear you have always enjoyed your stays here. As a conference and leisure hotel we strive in trying to meet and exceed the expectations of all guests. Reading your review confirms that we are meeting those expectations which as a hotel we are very pleased to hear about.
Adam Coventry

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Situated on the A439 Warwick Road, the hotel has easy access to both Stratford-upon-Avon and the M40 motorway. Unlike other hotels I've stayed at in the Stratford area, parking was plentiful and did not incur an additional charge. The staff on reception were friendly and helpful. Checking in was a straightforward and quick process. My room overlooked the car park at the front of the hotel and was clean and well furnished. I had dinner in the restaurant. The food was well presented though the portions were a little on the small side. Breakfast the next morning was the usual fayre of fruit, coffee, breads, juices and a full English option. All in all an ideal choice both for the business traveller and the tourist looking for a base to visit the sites of Stratford and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank John R

Dear John R,

I am glad to hear you thought our hotel was well located and as you mentioned has plenty of free parking. The Reception team are delighted to hear your check in process was nice and easy as they try to make each guests stay as stress free and easy as possible.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Arrived first day and was checked in accordingly. Had Booked Dinner, Bed, & Breakfast.

Dinner started at 7.00pm

Arrived at 7.05pm, but they could not serve me as they had two large parties booked. (Plenty of tables were still available) Waiter said he would do what he could after the starter orders were taken, and come and find me in the Bar when they could fit me in.

Had a drink in the Bar, watching many other large groups going through for dinner.

Gave up at 8.30pm, and went back to my room.

Reception called at 8.40 asking if I still wanted Dinner!!!!!!! I said it was now to late.

Second night, arrived at 7.00pm as soon as they opened, could not serve me as a party of 62 was booked, although they were not seated yet. Said they would contact me when they could fit me in, maybe at 7.30pm!

After the previous nights' fiasco, I decided to check out and return home as it would probably be quicker!

Comments:-
No mention at check-in was made to have to book the restaurant.
As a single traveller, restaurants normally fit you in, and serve you quickly. (I travel internationally, and stay away around 50-100 nights per year)
The previous two nights I stayed in a very busy Premier Inn with an attached Beefeater, and the service was excellent, with no waiting for a table!

The Hotel did credit me for the two missing dinners, but a total charge of £300 for two nights, when I did not bother with second night, means I shall not be staying at this establishment again!

I would suggest if you are attending a conference at this Hotel, you book accommodation in the main town of Stratford-upon-Avon. At least you will have a choice of restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: I should imagine all the rooms were of a similar standard. Mine was clead and well equipped.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Business_ClassLondon

Dear Business_ClassLondon,

I am sorry to hear about your disappointing stay, especially regarding the restaurant.
I have personally looked at the Restaurant bookings for the days of your stay and can confirm that we did have various large groups in on those days and unfortunately because there was no booking for you that early, the restaurant could not cater for you at that time.
At Stratford Manor Hotel we strive in giving a good service at a high quality, so although physical tables were available in the restaurant at the time, in order to offer the level of food service expected we could no accomodate. I have also spoken to the Reception team regarding why a table booking was not made on check in, we have narrowed it down to human error and can only apologize for this.

I hope you come and stay wit us so we can restore your faith in our hotel

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were celebrating our silver wedding and chose this hotel because of the look of the rooms, the spa and pool area and general location of the hotel - we were not disappointed. We were greeted by friendly and helpful staff who wished us Happy Anniversary and were given a free room upgrade. Chocolates, champagne and a big bunch of flowers were waiting for me in the room. (All ordered and paid for in advance by my husband). We went to the spa and was advised where everything was. The pool area was very clean and the pool was warm. The sauna and steam rooms were great. We decided to eat in the restaurant and the food and service was excellent. We noticed that there was a large group of people attending conferences so after talking to the Maitre d he advised us it was probably better to come down later for breakfast as it would be quieter - we did and it was. All in all a lovely hotel, clean room and very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen H

Dear Karen H,

I hope you had a lovely Silver Anniversary at our hotel and am glad our Reception team could organise flowers and champagne in the room as requested. I am also very pleased to hear that our Spa and Restaurant managed to give you good advice on making everything run smoothly for you. Fingers crossed we might see you for the Golden Aniversary?