Stratford Manor Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Stratford Limes Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
View Hotel
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Stratford Upon Avon(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Payton Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
View Hotel
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Pool
1,497 results
All reviewsq hotelsbreakaway clubspa treatmentsswimming poolsauna and steam roomevening mealleisure facilitiesreception staffrestaurant staffgood sizelovely hotelspa areashort drivenight breakfour star hoteltrouser pressplenty of parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I stayed here just for 1 night on my Birthday. We arrived there around 12ish and got told to come back at 2pm. We went into town and looked around which wasnt that bad. Came back and we booked an upgraded room. Very nice, Clean, tea and coffee facilities and the bathroom was very clean and modern.
We didnt eat at the hotel, but came back for a couple of drinks, the bar closed around 1130 and the friendly bar member said that we can stay for our last drink and that we can order drinks from room service which we done so and he was very quick !
we payed for breakfast in bed, which we asked for 8 -830 and it arrived dead on 8.30. Very nice breakfast !
overall fantastic stay. and i loved stratford upon avon. i would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
KTurnbull, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2010

Dear Whits
Thank you for your response of the 23rd March following your birthday stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your break in Stratford-upon-Avon and at Stratford Manor. I will take pleasure in passing on your comments to the team that provided the drinks and room service breakfast.
I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 March 2010

I have just come back from a stay at the Stratford Manor. Booked it after reading reviews here, so am now back to try and help people in future.

First the positives
- This hotel is in a handy location, 5 minutes drive outside Stratford
- The Gym, pool, sauna etc are all nice and clean and well equipped
- The breakfast was good
- Staff were nice enough

The negatives
- Really does not look like a 4 star hotel, it looks like a 1980's throw back, lots of dark wood, artexed walls, yellow lighting
- Comes across as a corporate meeting location, the rooms lack and style and any personality
- No fridge in our room, very basic with bed, tv, desk, two chairs. Standard corporate style hotel room
- Advertises "pitch and put" gold, this consists of some golf holes cut into a field which hasn't been mowed.

Overall I was disappointed when I arrived, it really only just hangs onto 4 stars. It is sole-less and tired.

That said, it did do a good breakfast, had a nice pool, and was in a handy location.

If you just want somewhere to sleep, then its ok. If you want a 4 / 5 star hotel that fits with the history of Stratford upon Avon then look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
KTurnbull, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2010

Dear JimGod
May I thank you for taking the time and trouble to pass on your comments following your recent stay.
We aim to provide a friendly and professional service as well as we can and would dearly love to "wow" all of our guests.
However we cannot change the style of the Hotel and have to accept that it does not suit everyone, everytime.I am sorry that that applied to you.

Reviewed 31 January 2010

We, myself and my Husband, stayed here for a weekend to celebrate my birthday. We got a great deal via Travelzoo - £170.00 for two nights bed and breakfast plus dinner on the first evening including a complimentary bottle of wine which was an absolute bargain. We normally travel to London for our weekend hotel breaks as we are only a 40 minute train journey away so this was a new experience for us. We usually choose 4 star properties in London and the Stratford Manor certainly holds its own against any of the properties we have stayed in previously. The staff were professional, courteous and efficient and the rooms (standard) were of a good standard, although strangely lacking a mini-bar. We had requested via email that an ice bucket and champagne glasses be placed in the room for our arrival and these were there as requested. Contrary to some of the previous reviews we did not find the bar prices too outrageous, but of course in London it is quite common to pay around £12.00 for a beer and a glass of wine in a hotel bar so we were pleasantly surprised as the prices at the Stratford were no higher than the local bar that we frequent. Having said that the bar was deserted most of the time so maybe the prices are an issue in that part of the country. Our inclusive dinner on the first evening was superb (we were allowed up to £50.00 between the two of us in addition to the complimentary bottle of wine) and we each had three courses plus my husband had a coffee and we only had to contribute £6.00. The food was delicious, well presented with excellent service in nice surroundings and the wine was also very good - no complaints at all. We travelled into Stratford itself on the Saturday which was a 5 minute car drive. Sadly the weather was not too good - freezing cold and wet & windy so we just had a quick look around the shops and popped into the Garrick pub ( the oldest inn in Stratford) to book our dinner for that evening before making our way back to the hotel where we had lunch and a couple of lunchtime drinks (well somebody had to keep the barstaff busy!!) Breakfast both mornings was lovely with a great choice of cooked items, fruits, cereals and continental breakfast at the buffet with tea and coffee brought to the table. My only criticism was that the public areas seemed very cold - I don't know if there was a problem with the heating that weekend (it was very cold outside) but it was decidedly chilly in both the restaurant ( where I noticed they were using some portable convector heaters) and in the bar. Other than that i have nothing negative to say at all - I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend and if I decide to return to that part of the country then I would have no reason not to return to the Stratford Manor.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
KTurnbull, general manger at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2010

Dear Mabbsy

Thank you for passing on your kind comments following your stay at the weekend. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here and will pass on to all of the team involved.
With regards to the Charity Ball I am pleased that you found no interruptions to your stay - bacause we should not get any. Stratford Manor is ideal in that respect as the bedrooms and the event space are at opposite ends of the Hotel which hopefully makes it perfect for both parties.

Reviewed 31 January 2010

Modern 4 star hotel situated in a very convenient location, halfway between Stratford-upon-Avon and Warwick but with a lovely rural setting.
Room was spacious and reasonably well-appointed (would have liked a fridge tho`)
Pool was clean, warm and welcoming.
Staff efficient without being too intrusive.
Food in the restaurant was very good. They don`t have a rosette but the standard is certainly not far off. Evening meals were tasty and well -presented and breakfast was excellent with lots of choice for people like me who don`t get turned on by a "full English". I noticed that one contributer said that service was slow even tho` the place was almost empty. Definitely did not find this. Our tea had arrived at our table before our first trip back with a fruit juice.
There was a charity ball on in the conference room when we were there, but it didn`t disturb us at all.
Recommended.
NB - went to Warwick Castle on the Saturday. Don`t forget to buy tickets online before you go in order to save money.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mabbsy
KTurnbull, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2010

Dear Anna 1974,
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to pass on your feedback following your recent stay. May I apologise for the delay with regards to your breakfast coffee service - that really is not acceptable and I assure you will be investigated.
The atmosphere changes in the hotel around the type of business that we have in and I am sure at the weekend or during holidays when we are looking after high numbers of leisure guests you would find a more "soulful" experience in the bar and restaurant. On this occassion with conference groups dining privately it did leave for a very quiet evening in the bar.
yours sincerely

Reviewed 29 January 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night as part of a conference. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful throughout, the bedroom (particularily my bed) excellent and surroundings beautiful. I was less impressed with the catering side of things. The breakfast room was almost empty of guests, yet it took staff over half an hour to take and deliver my coffee order. Lunch was of very low quality and an odd mixture of things. The bar was completely empty and soul-less in the evening although the hotel was fully booked. All in all, a good venue fit for a purpose but I certainly would not go back for leasure.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business