Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel
US$137
US$125
US$203
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$197
US$108
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$108
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The White Swan Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$161
US$156
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
The Arden Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$233
US$168
Agoda.com
The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$163
US$146
Ettington Park Hotel(Alderminster)
US$201
US$195
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$134
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
1,855 results
All reviewsthe riverbistrot pierresister hotel across the roadcar parkexcellent locationtown centrecomfortable hotelrsc theatreleisure facilitiesfresh milkexecutive roomenjoyable stayweekend breakbreakfast was excellentevening mealone night stayfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We have been to Swans Nest, Stratford U Avon many times but sometimes hit and miss. Our stay this time was excellent. Our check in by Agata Buczek was smooth and efficient. We had lovely rooms, always clean and fresh. Breakfast had a fine display of the usual selection of cereals and savoury choices. Our cooked breakfast was great, and served with good presentation too, with tea, coffee toast etc. We did not eat at the hotel in the evening. The hotel is close to the river where the canal boats all display along the edge which makes a lovely walk day or evening. There is much to see and do in Stratford with its historic values. Along by the lock there is a green area where at the weekend there are performers creating all kinds of acts, which the onlookers of all ages seemed to enjoy.The staff were all attentive and very pleasant and cheerful. Check out was with Claire Pizer who was again very pleasant, and ended our stay with a nice feeling. The swimming pool at the sister hotel Alveston Manor just across the road, is free to Swans Nest patrons, and comes in handy especially if the rain starts and goes on for a while!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We came here on our honeymoon for 3 days whilst tourning around England. On Check-in the service was friendly and helpful however it went downhill rapidly from there. We booked this through booking.com (which was more expensive than the hotel room rate) and selected it over others because of location, internet access, aircon and a safe. When we got to our room we could not find the plug for internet so called reception who told us that our room does not have it, when we could not find the aircon, we called reception to find our room does not have that either, nor did it have a fridge or a safe (and the window didnt lock) we asked to be moved the next day as we were so hot over night. We were moved to a room with a fridge, internet access and a safe (that didnt work). We did however have aircon thank goodness. The things in this hotel's favour are the excellent location and cleanliness.
We would not return or recommend due to the fact that we were put in the worst room available until asking for a room with the facilities we paid for. Also this hotel pre-autorised 600 GBP without informing us, just incase we ate at the hotel which had the dining room closed for refurbishment during our stay. This was unacceptable.
We have found that in the UK we have been given the worst room available until we ask for what we have paid for. We recommend checking your room first as this has happened several times to us.

Room Tip: Check the room before unloading.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Upon arrival the greeting they gave me was excellent, especially given I arrived after midnight. Then things went down hill, £5 to park (was only going to be there for 9 hours), £2 to pay via card, £1 to some charity, felt more like dealing with Ryanair then a decent hotel.

The room was quite nice and clean, but there were brown stains on the bed covers which didn't look good at all. The shower was decent, although they didn't provide any shampoo.

Unfortunately I didn't get a good nights sleep because early in the morning builders started banging around working on the hotel building outside my window! Totally unacceptable for a hotel to have work carried out that wakes people up - you're paying to sleep there! There was also music coming from somewhere (I suspect the builders). I was getting up at 8am, so these all occurred before 8am.

At about 8:30am I had just come out of the shower, and was about to get dressed when a member of staff knocked on the door, I acknowledge them, but within a couple of seconds they simply tried to walk in to my room using their card to unlock the door! If I hadn't of put the chain on the door they would have walked straight in on me while naked! Shockingly poor action by the member of staff.

Checkout was quick and efficient, although no one asked me how my stay was...... I wonder why.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Trikkitt
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We have just returned from a 3 night stay over the Jubilee weekend and very relaxing it was. I had read reviews before our stay, so rang in advance and asked for rooms on the 1st floor over looking the garden and well away from the air conditioning units outside. I am so glad I did, as at night when we opened our window, we could hear the droaning noise from the units still. Having a room next to them must be unbearable. Our room was not huge but very adequate and comfortable for our stay. There was a fridge in the room for our use, great to keep your own drink in!! We used the swimming pool at the adjacent sister hotel, which provided towels and was most enjoyable. The breakfast was very good, great choice and The Bear pub/bar in the hotel, was a great place to enjoy a drink with our friends at the end of the day. The exterior of the hotel could do with some TLC.
We had a great weekend with friends, laughing all the way.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the outside air conditioning units
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We have recently stayed at the swans Nest in Stratford. It was our first vist to Stratford upon Avon and we thoroughly enjoyed the stay there was lost to do and see.

The hotel was in an excellent location only a short walk across the bridge to the town centre. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was cleaned well every day and a bottle of water left as well as tea and coffee which I thought was a nice touch. The shower and bathroom where to a very high standard, and bed very comfortable. The price was very reasonable for the standard of the hotel. I would return in the future.

Room Tip: We had a standard room which was on offer and was adequate to our needs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple