“Great little hotel”

Stratford Limes Hotel
stockport
“Great little hotel”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on our way home from a trip to surrey, at first we were not sure of what to expect, it was very quiet and a Bank Holiday.
we checked in, and after being informed of all the local amenities, by the owner we were showed to our room.
the room was immaculate and spotlessly clean, very quiet, and much better than some 5 star hotels we have stayed in.
we went to a local Pub for an excellent evening meal, but were spoiled for choice, as there is also an award winning Indian restaurant, and a first class Chinese restaurant within walking distance.
All the staff at the Hotel are very pleasant and informative, this hotel deserves to be rated very highly, and we would have no hesitation in staying there again.
The breakfast is superb and well presented and served, you just cannot fault the place.
If I had a slight criticism, it would be that the hotel is about a mile from the town centre, but this is no big deal, you could drive in, or alternatively, get a taxi and enjoy a drink in town, all in all, well worth a visit

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Thai first
Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here for my Dad and Daughter's joint Birthday weekend. We'd ready the reviews on here but thankfully it didn't disappoint.

The staff were very friendly and attentive. The rooms were of good size and spotlessly clean. The owners had thoughtfully put us all together at one end of the hotel, which was a nice touch.

Breakfast in the morning was delicious - traditional full English.

My only gripe is that the bar doesn't open late enough. It'd be nice to be able to have quick night cap in the lounge before retiring to bed. This is a minor moan and certainly wouldn't stop me from visiting again!

Definitely recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FatManc
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I don't even know where to begin in my review of this fabulous establishment - it was all so brilliant! We were greeted on arrival by Lee who pretty much went out of his way to be incredibly welcoming, friendly and accomodating to us - nothing was too much trouble! The room was decorated to a high standard, with excellent facilities and was absolutely immaculate. The bed was very comfortable, with lovely crisp white linen and good pillows. The location was nice and quiet so I got a good night's sleep. The shower in the morning was such a treat - no loss of pressure or variation in temperature as is so often a problem in hotels, and very spacious too! The cooked breakfast was brilliant with delicious locally sourced ingredients, and once again, the staff accommodateed our every request.

In summary, my review cannot do this hotel justice - you simply must stay there and see for yourself how wonderful it is!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for just one night recently, and it isn't hard to see why it's rated the top hotel in the area!

Lee, 'mine host', has a great manner and attitude - cheery, friendly, extremely helpful, but not at all 'pushy'. His recommendation for eating that night (the Aladdin, just a short stroll away) was absolutely spot-on.

The room we stayed in (number 5), even though it was facing the road, was quiet. It was big, clean, had a brilliantly comfortable bed and everything you'd want in terms of facilities (tea, coffee, biscuits, water, trouser-press, tv, dvd,,,). The wi-fi in the room also had a pretty strong signal.

After a really comfortable night's sleep, breakfast the following morning was great, served in the really nice 'chic' breakfast room. It had all the usual cereals, juices etc, and the cooked breakfast was exactly 'what the doctor ordered' - what more could you ask for?!?

We will be going back to Stratford soon on another trip and we'll certainly be looking to come back to the Limes!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say ... If you need a hotel in Stratford upon Avon this is a must! Had a very warm, friendly welcome! The hotel is beautifully decorated with a very cosy, warm feeling to it! I stayed in room 1 and this is a lovely room, everything you could need is available and I get the feeling if it wasn't the staff would get it for you !! Lee was very accommodating - I have never stayed somewhere where they do so much for you to make you feel welcome ! I don't usually write reviews but I felt I couldn't not after such a brilliant experience !!
Anyway enough of me just saying how unbelievably great my experience was...here's a few reasons why it's so special- free wifi, free parking, VERY clean EVERYWHERE !!! Great location , amazing staff ! Excellent quality toiletries, all the amenities needed!
Something that we look out for in a hotel - the quality of the shower, not a problem here it's a great power shower and definitely not one that goes hot and cold the more other guests jump in theirs !
Breakfast was delicious
I can't say anymore because I'll just bore you with how amazing it is...book in and see for yourselves ! You won't be disappointed ! Told lee they should enter 'four in a bed'...will win hands down !! They should be VERY proud of what they have !! Thank you for such a great stay...you really made it memorable!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife and I just spent 4 nights at the Limes, and I can’t praise the hotel highly enough. Our room was spacious, clean and bright with a huge comfy bed, a flat-screen tv, and a big bathroom. The hotel has wonderful hosts and staff, great breakfasts, free parking and wifi, a well-stocked bar and a lovely patio area for enjoying a beverage after all that sight-seeing! Yes, the hotel's a little out of town, but it's a pleasant, flat stroll to centre of Stratford (~25 min). If we go back to Stratford I wouldn’t hesitate to return to the Limes - I have no reservations about recommending this hotel.

1 Thank Paul T
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Lovely hotel with a warm welcome. Very friendly and attentive staff. Rooms very clean and comfortable with nice added touches.Breakfast was very good and even catered for a vegetarian full english breakfast for one member of our party. Just outside Stratford but you could walk it in 25 minutes or for the less energetic a taxi is a reasonable £5. Well worth a visit and I will certainly be going back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends