“Meh!”

Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A good local pub with a feel-good factor. The New Bulls Head in Stratford-upon-Avon has an atmosphere which makes you feel right at home. You can enjoy a lazy lunch with a pint and a newspaper here or plan a fun night out with family and friends. From craft ales and wines to whiskey and sunday roasts there's something for all tastes at this traditional pub just off the beaten track. You won't find anything pretentious here!
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This used to be a nice neighbourhood pub/restaurant but a recent visit will be our last. The food was very ordinary. Oh well, plenty more choices in the area.

4  Thank Paul N

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The New Bull's Head helped me out recently with a meal for a group of American students I was leading round Stratford. The meal was excellent and the owners were very willing to go the extra mile to fit in with my schedule. Visitors to Stratford have lots of choices, all of which tend to be crowded and expensive, but by moving a little outside of the mainstream you can find little gems like this. It was recommended to me by a local resident and I was very pleased by the introduction. The pub has been brought up to date, but without loosing its local charm. Nice garden out back too!

1  Thank Anthony H
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We were made very welcome on our arrival, the food was good and very good value, the service prompt and very pleasant. It was only a short distance away from the main centre, and I'd find it difficult to think we could have got this same value for money with same good , quick and friendly service 5 minutes further into the centre of a busy stratford upon avon. Thank you.

1  Thank EkimRob
Reviewed 30 July 2014

When we travel to London we always stay in Stratford-upon-Avon for obvious reasons and when we do we always visit the New Bulls Head, if not for a meal then certainly for a drink and to soak up the atmosphere. It is an excellent example of a local pub that has transformed its business to meet the needs of its local community. Hence my sadness in reading some of the Trip Advisor comments about the Landlord of the pub. When did it become custom and practice to criticise publically without the benefit of perspective. When did we as a nation cease to celebrate individualism, and strive to move to a robotic society that smiles and says what we feel we should hear whilst being dead behind the eyes!!! I’d rather have a wealth of experience and character that perhaps is not always happy and smiling but offers realism and the ability to debate honestly current issues that affect us all. When a local business strives to meet the needs of their locals by changing their offer to ensure that locals can call in early to buy a loaf of bread, milk and a paper, and some excellent home baking products rather than walking into the Town. Where the Landlord and his family watch over their elderly customers to the point of shopping for them, enquiring after their health, perhaps being the only unpaid contact that takes an unbiased interest, isn’t this something that our society has lost and shouldn’t this be something that our society seeks to revive. Therefore in closing, let’s remember that in order to sustain any local business currently is an achievement in itself, to then adapt and fulfil a local need is commendable, so I ask you to celebrate this fact and remember when you next visit any local pub in England, Scotland or Wales rejoice that we continue to have individual eccentricity and the odd curmudgeon, something I think we should be proud of.

5  Thank KarenHL5460MQ
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The pub is fine but its clear the landlord & landlady don't like children being in there. My Under 16 (14) couldn't play pool, even with me as he was under 16 - what was he going to do? Young children having fun running around (in a small area) told to stop!

4  Thank b_b055