“Nothing Fancy but we enjoyed it”
Luxury Hot Tub Terrace with Stunning Views
Terrace with Stunning Views
Country Dining Room seat 16
Snooker Room
King Bedrooms
flexible layout can be made as 14 singles and 1x 6ft bed or a mix of doubles & Singles
Farmhouse Kitchen
Stunning views
Luxury Twin Bedroom
Breakfast Room
Lounge With Plasma TV & SKY TV
Bathroom
Beautiful Gardens
Amazing Holiday House
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lisamay77...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Nothing Fancy but we enjoyed it”
Reviewed 10 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Around 22 of us stayed here for a birthday weekend. All girls. All ages. We had a fab time and yes it's nothing fancy but it's homely and the surroundings are beautiful and the lady that greeted us was really nice and friendly and so was the cleaner.
You come here to make your own time of things and we so did :-)
Would I return? Most definately.

Jason W
“Ladies Super Weekend”
Reviewed 14 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed at this lovley property recently we booked it because it’s located in the centre of the country

So we could all get to it really easy as my friends are really spread out.

16 of us met up for a ladies weekend away, what a great time we had, perfect for what we wanted to do.

We got in early afternoon so we could sort everything out, before all our guests arrived.  The check team settled us in and explained everything,

Also met again on departure day, these little touches were really nice, as we then actually meet with Antonia who we had arranged it all through.

On the run up to our stay she gave us some great ideas, we had a shopping delivery from Tesco, self-catered on the Friday night and had the outside catering lady on the Saturday night, it worked perfect, we all got dressed up.

We always put a kitty together for some entertainment, we had the cocktail maker and life drawing!!!

Which was the biggest giggle.  The hot tub was just amazing, sat in there looking across the lovely views, did not want to go home.

In the day we went into Stratford upon Avon, just pondered around, it’s a great place to take it easy, had some nice lunch in the Dirty Duck.

You can park in the town, but we got the park and ride in.

The house beds were made up as per our request, 14 singles and 1 luxury giant size bed, it was like a big scrumptious marshmallow, soft and very cosy.

Bedding and towels provided but we all took our own towels for the hot tub.

A great house which is clean and well equipped, in a beautiful location,

Thank you from our ladies group for letting us all come

Reviewed 13 May 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Reviewed 13 May 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jim R
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Perfect private escape with great facilities and excellent value”
Reviewed 12 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

I booked this house on a recommendation of a friend who had stayed there last year on a Hen Holiday and had a superb time.
It was for my wife's 50th Birthday and was a getaway to celebrate her birthday with family and friends.
I was somewhat alarmed when I read the 2 most recent reviews which looks like they were from the same group.
However, I then looked back at all of the previous reviews and decided that either the previous people had reviewed the wrong property or something had gone drastically wrong there.
As everybody had been invited and arrangements were all in place, we decided to go for it and hope for the best.
As we approached the property you go up a long private drive and at the end of the drive is a beautiful farmhouse on the top of the hill. (so far so good)
We met a lady there who showed us around the house and took time to tell us about the local area and the best restaurants and also let us know about all of the Shakespeare sites we could visit.
The house itself is large and spacious with a lovely dining room where everyone can eat together and a separate snooker room and also a hot tub outside that we enjoyed very much with a few bottles of bubbly.
There was also lots of parking and as we had come in 8 different cars this was very handy.
A couple of the previous reviews mentioned that the house is not luxurious. I think that this is a little unfair. Its a lovely looking property, nicely decorated and furnished in a sensible way that allows the house to be used to celebrate a different party or parties every week of the year. This I would imagine would take quite a pounding on any property so a few marks here and there are not really a surprise.
It is not 'The Ritz' but it is very functional and has everything you need and is very light and spacious.
More importantly, 16 of us stayed and it cost us £1500 for the 3 nights. If my maths is correct that works out at about £30 per person for each night.
Where else can you stay for that price? Not only that, the location is superb, you have the house exclusively for your group and there is the added benefit of a snooker table and hot tub.
So all in all I think it was an absolute bargain. So much so, that we have booked the house again for our daughters 21st Birthday in the summer.
If you want to get away with friends and family for a celebration or an escape, I cannot think of a better option.
A few other things we picked up. You can walk into Stratford upon Avon along the canal from Wilmcote and it takes about an hour.
The Bluebell restaurant in Henley in Arden was superb as were The Encore and The One Elm in Stratford.
You can go rowing on the river in Stratford which was quite commical especially for the swans who I am sure were laughing at us.
The Shakespeare sites are worth a visit depending on if thats your thing or not.
The pubs all sell an ale called Purity which I hadn't tried before but can't wait to sample again.
Magical holiday that I would highly recommend.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Sitting on the terrace by the hot tub looking at the lovely views
Liked least: The internet only seemed to work well in about 3/4 of the house, but it did work very well in those areas.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
jonny r
London, United Kingdom
“Awful, sub-standard, dirty, over-priced rip-off”
Reviewed 17 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

I stayed as part of a group over the recent Christmas period with my girlfiend and her family. Whilst the property is large, the descriptions on the website do not translate at all into the reality. To summarise:

- the carpets were dirty, rugs in the living room were filthy and had not been cleaned for a very long time
- the seats in both the kitchen and dining room had no padding left, they were like sitting on the bare chair frames
- the fridge door handle was broken - this was pointed out in a review in August but obviously it had not been read or the property manager just doesn't care
- there were broken floor tiles in the kitchen
- the lighting in the kitchen is totally inadequate, at night it is like cooking by candle light
- several of the knobs on the cooker came off in my hands
- the kitchen knives were so blunt that it was like chopping with spoons!
- the quality of the pans and cookware was definitely nowhere near luxury standard. They were cheap, thin-based & some were warped and they did not work correctly on the halogen hob which made cooking a lottery at times
- the dining room table was in fact 3 large plastic topped trestles, and they weren't even all at the same height
- the snooker table was too big for the room it was in and the table itself together with the cues provided were all warped
- the hot-tub outside was outside the front and not the back as advertised and was over chlorinated, making use of it uncomfortable.

This looks like an exhaustive list but its not. I haven't even started with the sleeping accommodation.....

Most of the issues have been covered in the previous 2 reviews recently posted. However, to find that I had been sleeping under a duvet that was stained with ether dried blood or dried faeces is both disgusting and totally unacceptable. It shows that nobody had checked the property prior to our arrival (or clearly for some time), either that or they just don't care and are only interested in taking the maximum amount of money from paying guests as possible.

To find a broken window in bedroom 6 - the one we initially were sleeping in - was also not acceptable, from either a heat or security perspective. A gale blew through the gap all night preventing any semblance of sleep taking place and basically ruining Christmas day for us as we were both cold and over-tired all day. Add to that the fact that the room is advertised as a double but had only twin beds in it and so much furniture that you could barely move and it again stretches the definition of luxury way beyond the usual limits. Oh and the room hadn't been hoovered and the hoover itself was full and no replacement bags had been provided.

The only reason we didn't walk out the next morning was it was Christmas Day and my in-laws are elderly and would have been incredibly upset - this was supposed to be a treat for them (and us!) I have stayed in budget priced accommodation in the Far East that has been cleaner and far better equipped than this place & they never had the audacity to use the word 'luxury' in their property description. The only possible thing that could be defined by that word was some of the views - except perhaps the one of the garden which included a discarded shopping trolley.

My advice to anyone considering staying here - DON'T. JUST DON'T.

How helpful were the directions to the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Leaving and going back to my nice clean warm home
Liked least: Pretty much everything
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
EmmaLondo...
London, United Kingdom
“Dirty, ill furnished, in no way "luxury". A rip off. Don't go.”
Reviewed 17 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed over Christmas, and were only disappointed by this "luxury" holiday rental, to the point we were considering staying in a TravelLodge after the first night. Had my elderly parents not been staying and the holiday was a Christmas present for them from us all, we would have mostly gone home after the first night. As it was we left a day early once our parents had left. Which given it was £600 per night was somewhat less than ideal!

It was sold as having enough double beds for five rooms, but in reality there were only 3 double beds, and Antonia refused to make the twin room into a double for us, which considering the ramped up price as we were renting over Christmas was exceedingly poor service.
The room we were staying in was dirty, I had to try and hoover it, with a hoover which was full, and no extra hoover bags had been left for us. Our Christmas holiday was supposed to be a nice break from our busy working life, but we couldn't even cuddle up together in twin beds. Whilst some of the rooms were a good size, ours was not- it was too small to have two bedside cabinets- for luxury accomodation I would have expected it to be a single.

We didn't realise until we got into bed that the window was broken and wouldn't close- an inch plus gap meant the room was absolutely freezing. I couldn't sleep even with putting a jumper and socks on, and ended up on the living room sofa- the rug on the floor was too filthy to want to sleep on. I had no sleep at all, and my partner fared little better.
My sister and her husband couldn't sleep as the beds were too uncomfortable, and my parents barely slept as the radiators didn't work properly so they were also very cold.
We ended up with my sister, husband and child cramped into one room (they then had single beds so we could be in another room.

The furniture was poor quality MDF that I haven't seen the like of since student days, with doors and mirrors missing. When we stripped the beds (also outrageous we had to do that paying £600 per night- ramped-up Christmas rates) the duvet we'd been sleeping under had either dried blood or faeces on it, it was absolutely disgusting.

Both the kitchen and the dining room had chairs that had all been sat out- it was like sitting on chair frames, and the luxurious dining room table was in fact a load of plastic trestle tables that weren't even the same height.

The fridge handle was broken (I noticed that was the same in August from an earlier review). The carpets were in no way newly laid, and the rugs clearly had not been cleaned for some time- in moving furniture to find toys- underneath each sofa were things left by previous inhabitants- including a lighter, corks, large bits of plastic. Clearly cleaning is not deemed necessary in such "luxury"!

The garden had broken paving stones, the fences weren't safe for the small children we had with us. The hot tub is in the front of the house, not back as advertised- overlooking the neighbours and the driveway.

I am struggling to find positives- the snooker room was a good thing, although the table is too big for the room, and the table is very warped, along with most of the cues, so any real game was impossible. There were some nice views from some of the windows.

If it had been a budget stay we might have expected the quality of furnishings etc, but given the exorbitant price we were paying, it was unbelievably poor. I was curious as to whether it really would be covered in Trading Standards- the description and pictures bear no resemblance to the reality of this place- luxury clearly means something else to the people that run this rental.

My recommendation- spend your money anywhere else!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The shower worked well
Liked least: The appalling chairs, dining room table, and the dirt.
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing