“Perfect location for weekend in Stratford”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Central Hotel
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Centrally located, friendly staff, clean rooms and great breakfast. Perfect place to stay with kids.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed here for two nights in June. The hotel is actually quite small but was fine for what we wanted as we didn't spend much time in the room anyway. It was perfectly located for the theatre, shops and the restaurants. The staff as usual in Premier Inn were fantastic, really welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was excellent offering a wide variety. The only thing I didn't like was the access to the hotel, there were lots of stairs so they had this very small lift that we just barely fitted in with our luggage. However this is a really minor moan compared to everything else. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank shakespearefan1971
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We had a lovely room, food was good, we stayed for two nights and We found the chain very good
and priced well. we moved on to Rugeley and that was very good also

Room Tip: I asked for a room near the restaurant. Also ask for car parking they have it but don't offer it...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rogerbairnsdale
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights (17th - 19th June) and had a fantastic time. It's an easy walk from the train station, 15 minutes max.
When we checked in there were no staff about, so we used the self service check in machines, they were so easy to use! The machine gave us our room keys and off we went.
I will admit, the hotel corridors are like a maze, but everything is signposted so finding our room was easy too!
The room was a little on the small side, but that didn't matter as we didn't go to Stratford to stay in the room. The room was very, very clean.
We ate at the Red Lion pub just across the road, and although service was a little slow, the food was fantastic value for money.

We would definitely stay here again! It cost just £68 for two nights, breakfast not included as we went to the wetherspoons for much less :) The hotel is in a central location, literally a 2 minute walk from the river, theater and shops!
Love, love, loved it!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beckylouise_1991
Reviewed 16 June 2012

As other reviewers have pointed out the location of the hotel could not be better, near to the river and the RSC. However the layout of the rooms in the hotel is rather tiresome and if like us you have a room some way from reception it takes a lot of work and time to get there with your luggage. We arrived (after putting our car opposite in the waiting bays crossing two busy lanes of traffic with quite a lot of luggage) We then got into a lift to take us to the lst floor reception. The lift which is a disabled one, is very slow and you need to keep your hand on the buzzer all the time to keep it moving. On getting to the reception we were greeted by a very friendly and helpful young man who helped us with our luggage to our room (233) which was a long way and not accessible by lift. We had to walk down three corridors in all I think and up several stairs (we stayed one night the 13th June). The hotel is a complete maze and the corridors quite narrow which means in the morning when the maids are cleaning the rooms that the corridors are rather full of hoovers and laundry. (I was told it was originally designed as student accommodation?)

The room itself was made up asa twin - a double bed and a sofa bed which means there is not a lot of room left. As this was my first stay in a premier inn I was surprised at this, as the online picture I had seen suggested two 'normal' twin beds. I was told that disabled rooms have ordinary twin beds. Both beds were very comfortable though, the bed linen and pillows included. The bathroom good with a deep bath and good overall shower. The soap dispensers did not work though and we had to undo them to get the dispensers out (having come away from home without any soap of our own) and you do not get any shampoo as you usually do in B and B's and more upmarket budget accommodation. The towels were okay though strangely my hand towel smelt strongly of tobacco! There is air conditioning in the room which did not seem to be working, so we opened the window (it only opens slightly). The other thing is that we could not work out the number to ring the reception, there was no instruction that we could find. However, all in all for one night it was absolutely fine, the lighting good and a good full length mirror and a good desk. Just rather squashed for two people.

Car parking though is a bit of a bind to put it mildly. I have understood from other people that they received instructions through the post on parking. However we booked through bookings.com and did not. However I was aware that the Marina Car park was the place that most people used. You can leave your car in the three places opposite while you unload and then you drive the car round the corner (literally) and park the car. There was plenty of space when we were there but the weather had been pretty dismal and it was not a weekend and I have understood that it can be full. In which case I am not sure where you go, but the reception staff at the hotel will know if you do not research it in advance. The best way of paying for a ticket is by credit card, there is one machine there that allows this, and you can then set it for your time of departure. And whilst we were there for less than 24 hours we had to pay for two days - £8. We paid £49 for the night for the two of us. So that once you factor in the price of breakfast it is possible to find a B and B which is central which is competitive (I found one at £75) I think for me the difficulty we had was we had a lot of luggage, it would be quite different with a small overnight bag. When we came to leave the hotel we had been told to ask for help but the female member of staff whom we approached was less than helpful. She was very abrupt and clearly did not appreciate being asked saying "I am a female as well!" (I am not sure what she though I was asking). So I asked her to look after the luggage whilst I went up and down to the parking spot. As I have a bad back which means that I cannot carry much at once this did take quite a lot of time. I felt that this member of staff was not someone I would want to meet again (so unlike the male member of staff we met the day before). I found her attitude really upsetting and rude.

We did not use the bar, nor the restaurant. When we got up at about 9am there was very little sign of life there. We went out for breakfast. Ours was not particularly cheap but I know that BHS does one for under £5. The Pen and Parchment a pub which is close by charges £7 for all you can eat. Stratford has plenty of choices. We ate at the Lambs Restaurant the night before and had the pre-theatre set menu. It was very good value and I I would really recommend it - £16.50p for three courses. The courses were not huge but good quality and the service was quick and attentive.

Room Tip: rooms close to reception are by far the best
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank annemarie10
Reviewed 26 May 2012

ideal location right by the river and town , room was spotless and bed very comfy ,staff were very friendly and helpfull check in was very quick as was checking out at twelve ,room for a friday night was 65 pound which is great price for stratford , would defo recommend so good booked another room for august

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simon a
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Pleasant comfortable and very well located for town centre and theatres. Not all rooms have direct access by lift so if this matters you must mention it when booking.

Room Tip: checkm lift access
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends