“Rabbit warren of rooms, but of a high standard.”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Central Hotel
“Rabbit warren of rooms, but of a high standard.”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Fantastic location, right in the city centre. Although, was not aware of the lack of parking situation. Personally, I think if you're staying at a hotel, you should be able to park at the hotel you're staying at. But alas, we had to park a 10min walk away in order to pay £4 for the day, and then have to go back in the evening to pay for overnight parking, which only took us until 9am, so mad sour mornings a bit rushed.
The room itself was clean, but we were over the parking area for work vans, so couldn't open the window.
Don't really have any complaints, we had a family room, everything was good.
Breakfast was lovely too, very good value for money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This Premier Inn, like all others I have stopped in was up to the usual high quality and standards of cleanliness. The staff were very helpful, again as usual. I did have a problem in my room when I could not plug in some equipment I had brought with me as the plug socket I needed to use had the remnants of a plug that a previous guest had snapped off in it! The night manager dealt with this as best he could given the limitations of hour and honoured the Goodnight's Sleep Guarantee, making our stay free...including the breakfasts.
The only issue with this hotel is that it is a total maze! I lost count of the different routes I took to our room! I ended up in the loading bay at one stage trying to find my way out of the hotel. I would most defnately stay there again though next time I visit the RSC.

Room Tip: Given the chaotic layout of the hotel, I would suggest a room on the same level as reception as ther...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We found this hotel by chance. Altough we knew we were going to Stratford Upon Avon we didn't book a hotel in advance. we drove round to see where woiuld be the best place to stay. We were opn our way back to the Holiday Inn and came across this Premier Inn. It's a strange layout as there is no ground floor. We didn't have a problem with parking as my wife is disabled and they had a few spots under the hotel. The room was a little on the small side but quite adequate for what we needed. It was also very clean, as you would expect. The location is ideal for looking round the town. The food was good although the bar only had bottled beer. This was not a real problem but seemed unusual. Breakfast was typical of Premier Inns. All the staff were great, very polite and helpful.
To sum up.......... Great location and while it's no where near the best Premier Inn it is also far from being the worst. Would I go back and stay there??? Yes I would

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Well well well!!! What can I say about this premeir inn!!!
Ill start with the positives such as usual room layout, tv, comfy beds,tea coffee all available.. Showers and all usual stuff spot on.. Extra pillows extra towels all perfect!!!!
- breakfast not the usual standard I'm afraid only 3/5 in ma rating this is due to the time served and the Reaceaption to be seated !!!!

- the downsides!!!!

Parking and drop off zones unacceptable , there's a underground entrance for disabled parking to which holds 8 spaces after looking around I saw 3 works vans and 5 staff cars parked there.. To me staff should be 2nd best and guests first I'm afraid ..
Then to the entrance weather it's the BCK door or front door takes 3 flights of stairs to get to the Reaceaption were looks like a small desk at the entrance to a all restaurant which I thought was the area you were to wait at to be seated... Over a pleasant stay just not familiar with the hassles getting into the hotel and Walter Mitty style car park arrangements !! Had I only paid £29 as parking is another £9 over night !!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank fbgolfing2005
reading
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stay in Premier Inns most weeks across the country and they usually get at least a 4 if not 5 star rating but not this one.Firstly - the positives - it is in the heart of Stratford. The rooms were clean and pleasant - though no bath unlike the unusual ones.
If you are driving I think you will find it v frustrating only 2 loading bays and then you need to find a car park and pay. I was by train so easier. Check in was terribly slow, all of the autmatic machines to check in were broken (typical the girl at reception said) she took forever to check me in and I could tell she was getting bored as she yawned. Despite having massive bags and cases I was placed on the top floor where despite a lift i had to traverse 12 steps, and found a young mother with child in push chair struggling to do the same. I offered a hand but in ususal Prems the receptionists would take more care when placing guests in rooms that had steps and certainly not a mother with a push chair. My room was not cleaned on the first day until 3pm and when I mentioned this at reception there was no comment. I think staff need to visit some of the 5 star Prems to get a brush up on charm, customer service and withitness. I'll not stay again - the Holiday Inn across the road has a large carpark I'll give that a try next time.

Room Tip: Ask for one that dorsnt require any stairs if disabled, with bags or children. Dont expect any alert...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank farfromhomeReading
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

stayed here last weekend with my wife and two kids under 5, this hotel is conveniently located in the middle of town, a 3min walk from the canals and Shakespeare theatre, and I must say Stratford is a lovely place to visit. even though we stay at lots of premier inns (I wish I remembered to review them all!!) this is a bit different from most, it has the most awkward entrance I have ever known in a hotel, three flights of stairs to get to reception! unless you want to take the "lift" (and I use that term loosely) to reception which is really a lift for wheelchairs, plus you have to hold the button in and it is the slowest lift I have ever been in, also this hotel has no car park, its a short walk to some pay and display car parks but still very inconvenient with kids.

You have to use a drop off zone in the pub opposite then find a car park. there are also stairs within the hotel as its a bit of a mixed layout, so if you have a pram like I did can I suggest you find somewhere else to stay. The staff were very nice and could not be faulted, breakfast was self serve as to be expected and good, rooms were clean and fair for the price.

Room Tip: I would say this would suit people who don't have young kids or a pushchair!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Above average Premier Inn. Rooms as expected - clean & value for money. I was on the very ground floor in room 2, a bit of a mission to get outside for a cigarette but that's just the way it is these days.

Stayed on business for two nights, didn't use the restaurant and I don't think many other customers did either - always almost empty. Maybe change the menu's or type of cuisine guys?

You can walk from the train station - it is literally 15 minutes on foot. Parking is opposite the hotel in the Red Lion Pub, safe and secure.

Premier Inn regulars should note that you can check in on-line or using the automated machines when you arrive. It's the future.

S-u-A is a lovely place. Will be back with the Mrs. soon.

Room Tip: Book early for best deal.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business