“One of the best fry-ups....ever!”
Review of Henley Street Tea Rooms - CLOSED

Henley Street Tea Rooms
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A traditional English Tea Rooms located opposite Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford upon Avon. Serving home made food including breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and pre-theatre dining between 5pm and 7pm.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband I were in Stratford Upon Avon for a two day break to celebrate my birthday last week and we went into Henley Street Tea Rooms around mid-day for a late breakfast. We were actually going to another restuarant which we'd found the day before but we saw that this restaurant served breakfast all day and decided to try here instead. I'm glad we did. We asked for and got, the large table by the window. Restaurant was clean, decor tasteful and it wasn't too busy.

We ordered two big English fry-ups and we didn't realise when they came how "big" they were. It was huge for our apetites; two bacon, two sausages and two eggs, with fries, baked beans and toast. We were so full after this that we didn't eat until nearly 8pm and then they were just sandwiches and bits from the local Marks and Spencer. It was great fuel to keep us going through the day.

It was briliant to see that the bacon and sausages were properly grilled and not microwaved and the eggs were just the way I liked them, runny yolk (or sunny side up if you're American) without any of the white stuff, bleurgh.

We were initially seated by a tall, gorgeous young man but our breakfast was served by a friendly lady with dark hair and glasses. She laughed at us when our eyes popped out of our heads when our food arrived. The service was brilliant and we had no complaints at all. I would've taken a pic but to be honest I couldn't be bothered to put down my cutlery to take the time to do this.

We loved Stratford so much we've just booked another two nights in early October. We'll most definitely pay another visit Henley Street Tea Rooms. The breakfasts were great value for money, and it was cheaper (and bigger!) than what we would've paid for at the Premier Inn where we were staying. It won't be for the big breakfast this time, maybe try something a little less gargantuan.

Brilliant breakfast, thank you.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Had read earlier reviews and thought we would give it a try. Very pleasant welcome (with dog) option to eat in or out. We all enjoyed our breakfast meals and very impressed with the gluten free menu (loads of options available). Thank you and would come again when next in Stratford.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We read the reviews and were looking forward to a good lunch.
With hindsight, after being seated, we should have realised something was very wrong when it took several minutes for anyone to take our order.
From ordering to delivery of lunch took 38 minutes!
This really was the most shameful level of service. We were not alone. People all around the restaurant were complaining vociferously.
When the food eventually did arrive, we were very sad to see that our fish and chips looked like something from a supermarket frozen section, and the fish portion was miserably small too.
We were asked by the waitress if everything was OK, we gave her feedback, but no service recovery was offered at all.
Never again.

4  Thank steveblower
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Lovely, well cooked with eggs just how I like them. We ate at 10am, One Full English and two Vegetarian alternatives with not a sign of grease on the plate. It wasn't until around 5pm that we realised we had not had lunch - Very satisfying and good quality. Would recommend.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I wrote a review 12 months ago & the same still applies. We visit Henley Street Tearooms regularly as the quality of the food is excellent & the service is friendly. The attention to detail is apparent even down to the slice of lemon for my smoked salmon & scrambled egg this morning! Thank you!