We went to the RSC so stayed for one night at the Mercure. The room was spacious and quiet, and good value. Not perfectly clean (toothpaste in the sink and on the taps) but that doesn't bother us too much. The odd thing was that the reception never answered the phone, despite us trying again and again over the 24 hours we were there. The room service button on our phone was broken so there was no way to contact anyone apart from going down to reception ourselves, which sometimes wasn't manned, and sometimes had a long queue. They forgot to deliver our paper in the morning as requested, so overall we felt there was no care or attention at all, despite it being convenient location - we won't be back next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star Tudor hotel with 74 ensuite rooms located in the centre of Shakespeare's Stratford. Ideal for exploring local villages, the Cotswolds, shops and theatres of Stratford. 19 miles from Birmingham International Airport, 1 mile from Stratford upon Avonstation, 10 miles from Warwick Parkway station. Easily accessible via the M40. David Garrick Restaurant, Othello's Bar Brassiere, Quill Bar and Lounge, 6 conference rooms with natural light for up to 100 delegates. Limited parking at GBP10.00 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Stratford Upon Avon
- Accor Stratford Upon Avon
- Shakespeare Hotel Stratford