stayed at this hotel for two nights this week and the decor in the main areas has vastly improved since my last stay here two years ago, i stayed for the first time in one of the less historic rooms and was staying for business on my own, all the staff where very pleasant and helpful, parking is a nightmare at this hotel but it is central stratford so cant be helped. the young lady serving in the bar area was very helpful, pleasant and seemed happy with her job not intrusive but available quickly to serve and offer of more drinks. my real issue was the room, and mainly the bed, the rooms are extmeely cramped but i knew that when i arrived i was pleasantly suprised to see a plater of fruit rather than the ususal corporate biscuits, pears, apples, strawberries and an orange cut into 6, with two plates and knoves, i ate some of the fruit using one of the plates avoided the orange as i had no idea how long it had been sitting in the room for, on return to my room the following evening the dirty plate, and remnanats of the fruit where stil on the table unwashed along with a glass i had used still with my lipstick stain on and a coffee cup with spoon again unwashed and with dregs of coffee in it. the bed was ok but the sheet on the base didnt fit the matress and only just touched the bottom with nothing reaching down to tuck it in so inevitably ricked up when sleeping and was uncomfortable, the matress cover also didnt fit the bed and left a ridge two incehs in from matress edge at all four sides. the housekeepers idea of making the bed was far from acceptable and consisted of slightly straightening the duvet and putting the runner back on the bed, the dent in the pillow was still evident from my sleep the night before and the sheet which doidnt fit hadnt even been pulled straight. all in all a real let down and not what i expect from a 4 star hotel charging £120 a night. i wont be staying again in a hurry which is a shame because food was good and staff pleasant, but a bed is important and cleanlilness of a room that small is essential when retunring from a long days work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star Tudor hotel with 74 ensuite rooms located in the centre of Shakespeare's Stratford. Ideal for exploring local villages, the Cotswolds, shops and theatres of Stratford. 19 miles from Birmingham International Airport, 1 mile from Stratford upon Avonstation, 10 miles from Warwick Parkway station. Easily accessible via the M40. David Garrick Restaurant, Othello's Bar Brassiere, Quill Bar and Lounge, 6 conference rooms with natural light for up to 100 delegates. Limited parking at GBP10.00 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Lastminute, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Stratford Upon Avon
- Accor Stratford Upon Avon
- Shakespeare Hotel Stratford