The Shakespeare Hotel, while getting older (aren't we all), remains the ideal place to spend a night or a week in Stratford. Incredibly convenient to everything you want to visit, unfailingly nice and patient staff, and rooms that are getting better, albeit slowly. This was my first visit in two years and I'm delighted I returned. The rooms (at least in the newer wing) have safes, refrigerators, and -- hooray - showers that don't require gymnastics or or scuba gear to navigate. Air conditioning, free WiFi throughout the hotel and the undeniable feeling that you have stepped back, or at least through, time to visit the Elizabethan era. Room rates are reasonable and if you like English breakfasts, the dining room does a nice one, buffet style, so you will not leave the least bit hungry. One caveat - the bathroom floors are tile and VERY slippery, so be careful or use one of the large bath towels for a floor mat after a bath or shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star Tudor hotel with 74 ensuite rooms located in the centre of Shakespeare's Stratford. Ideal for exploring local villages, the Cotswolds, shops and theatres of Stratford. 19 miles from Birmingham International Airport, 1 mile from Stratford upon Avonstation, 10 miles from Warwick Parkway station. Easily accessible via the M40. David Garrick Restaurant, Othello's Bar Brassiere, Quill Bar and Lounge, 6 conference rooms with natural light for up to 100 delegates. Limited parking at GBP10.00 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Lastminute, ACCOR, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Stratford Upon Avon
- Accor Stratford Upon Avon
- Shakespeare Hotel Stratford