One night stop over for midweek leisure break combined with a play at the RSC.
This hotel is perfect if you want to be part of the "olde worlde" - timber framed - Shakespeare experience. Although part of the Mercure chain you don't get overwhelmed by the branding.
Service throughout was good (as you would expect of 4*). All staff were friendly and attentive without being overboard. Lots of cosy lounges plus the restaurant are in the timber framed part of the hotel and really look and feel the part. We ate in the hotel and then sat in one of the lounges for coffee. Perfect.
Only criticism was the starter of our meal which was fishcakes and really quite awful. But the rest of the meal was excellent so may be we were just unluck. Like many hotel restaurants it lacked a little in the way of atmosphere as it was only mediumly busy. But this would probably be no different in many restaurants at this time of year (April)
Our room was in the new block at the rear of the hotel but the overall design of the room and the common parts is quite clever so you don't in the least bit feel you are in some second rate annex. Although fairly small the room was nicely decorated in reasonably modern style with good sized bathroom.
Car park is very convenient and we found a space without a problem. The £10 per day charge seems very fair to me.
Overall our stay was quite good value for what you got. Would definitely recommend and stay again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star Tudor hotel with 74 ensuite rooms located in the centre of Shakespeare's Stratford. Ideal for exploring local villages, the Cotswolds, shops and theatres of Stratford. 19 miles from Birmingham International Airport, 1 mile from Stratford upon Avonstation, 10 miles from Warwick Parkway station. Easily accessible via the M40. David Garrick Restaurant, Othello's Bar Brassiere, Quill Bar and Lounge, 6 conference rooms with natural light for up to 100 delegates. Limited parking at GBP10.00 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, ACCOR, Odigeo, Lastminute, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Stratford Upon Avon
- Accor Stratford Upon Avon
- Shakespeare Hotel Stratford