We arrived to check-in and parked out front only to be met with a large queue and no instruction as to where to park whilst waiting - the result, a £25 parking ticket before we'd even started our break. We were then told we'd have to park at an NCP car park away from the hotel due to a 'first come, first serve' policy regarding the hotel car park. This was not clearly stated when booking the room. For the most part the hotel is beautiful with period features but completely over priced. The halls smelt of old people and mashed potatoes and our room had the scent of raw sewage and Lillie's probably due to the lack of flush on our toilet. Also the bar really really takes the piss when it comes to spirits a round for two people came to £17.50!!!! Go to the Garrick Inn across the road; all the period features without the extortionate price. We wouldn't return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star Tudor hotel with 74 ensuite rooms located in the centre of Shakespeare's Stratford. Ideal for exploring local villages, the Cotswolds, shops and theatres of Stratford. 19 miles from Birmingham International Airport, 1 mile from Stratford upon Avonstation, 10 miles from Warwick Parkway station. Easily accessible via the M40. David Garrick Restaurant, Othello's Bar Brassiere, Quill Bar and Lounge, 6 conference rooms with natural light for up to 100 delegates. Limited parking at GBP10.00 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Stratford Upon Avon
- Accor Stratford Upon Avon
- Shakespeare Hotel Stratford