We were disappointed not to be in the main part of the hotel, as we had been on several other stays at the hotel. The room 411 upon arrival was so hot that we opened the windows and put on the two fans (having two fans in the room should have told me that this has happened before). The temperature stayed high all night and I can honestly say it has been the worst night’s sleep I’ve had in any hotel (including the far east). In the morning several people were booking out and I asked if we could be moved/upgraded to another room, I was told that the hotel was full and no other rooms were available. Surprising as I stood behind several people booking out and I’m sure their rooms would be empty.
The WiFi did not work in the room or in several other areas in the hotel (confirmed by other guests as well), which was a little disappointing as I like to keep in contact with my office/clients 24/7. The windows were very badly corroded and 4 or 5 of the panes of glass were cracked.
The carpet at the top of the stairs was/is very dangerous as it was damaged with loops of thread which on one occasion caught my wife’s shoe (luckily I was in front of her) but this could have had a awful outcome.
The smell/noise from the adjacent restaurant was not making our stay enjoyable. The bath mat in our room had seen better days and was grubby.
The Sunday morning when we went to breakfast it was raining very heavily and no umbrellas were available for our use to get to the main building or our return to the room (considering that you have to travel outside to get to the room they should be made available).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star Tudor hotel with 74 ensuite rooms located in the centre of Shakespeare's Stratford. Ideal for exploring local villages, the Cotswolds, shops and theatres of Stratford. 19 miles from Birmingham International Airport, 1 mile from Stratford upon Avonstation, 10 miles from Warwick Parkway station. Easily accessible via the M40. David Garrick Restaurant, Othello's Bar Brassiere, Quill Bar and Lounge, 6 conference rooms with natural light for up to 100 delegates. Limited parking at GBP10.00 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Lastminute, ACCOR, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Stratford Upon Avon
- Accor Stratford Upon Avon
- Shakespeare Hotel Stratford