This is a very characterful hotel in a superb location. It is located half way between the RSC theatre and the main shopping area around Henley Street. The hotel itself was very good - we booked two suites but were given a double room in lieu of the second suite which we later found out was unavailable. We were disappointed not to receive what we'd booked but the staff were apologetic and the replacement room was of a very good standard. There was some confusion about the situation as we were not told at check in about the change but we were content with the outcome. The suite was very spacious, clean and with a very comfortable bed. The windows overlooked a green and we were delighted watching the birds outside from the window. Though the front of the hotel is on a street, the rear faces on to a beautiful green - part of which belongs to the Nash House Shakespeare Trust property. A lovely prospect. The room was furnished to a high standard though be aware that there is no free WiFi (you can pay for it but it's pricey). The only unfortunate feature of the room but completely expected in such a building is that the floors are very creaky so not only can you hear the people in the room above walking around but you are also making noise whenever you walk across the floor. The included breakfast was wonderful and included an extensive cold buffet and all the usual cooked items as well. The staff were very welcoming and efficient in organising fresh toast and tea and we never felt rushed to leave. After breakfast, our check out was very efficient and the hotel were able to hold our luggage in a secure place for us while we went out for sightseeing. This was truly a godsend as we otherwise would have had to lug our bags around with us all day. We also were able to wait in the very comfortable lounge while we waited for our transport to arrive. I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again when visiting Stratford Upon Avon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star Tudor hotel with 74 ensuite rooms located in the centre of Shakespeare's Stratford. Ideal for exploring local villages, the Cotswolds, shops and theatres of Stratford. 19 miles from Birmingham International Airport, 1 mile from Stratford upon Avonstation, 10 miles from Warwick Parkway station. Easily accessible via the M40. David Garrick Restaurant, Othello's Bar Brassiere, Quill Bar and Lounge, 6 conference rooms with natural light for up to 100 delegates. Limited parking at GBP10.00 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Stratford Upon Avon
- Accor Stratford Upon Avon
- Shakespeare Hotel Stratford