“Very good value for money”
Review of The Applegarth

The Applegarth
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Lovely little B&B, convenient for the center of town, private parking and didn't have to use the car all weekend, lovely clean room with tea/coffee facilities free internet and tv, the breakfast was second to none with unlimited tea/coffee cereals, fruit, yogurt, three different juices followed by a full english with combinations of your choice, lovely friendly staff who were very obliging will definately be booking again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I would like to stay longer in such nice place
I came early, they let me to put my bags and use the bathroom. Not far from the railway station - about 15 min by foot. Close to the old city and only 8 min to SRC theatre. The single room on the 2nd floor was clean and not too small, the closet not big, but enough. On the tea tray there was even a small chocolate. My personal bathroom across the hall was big and well-stoked. The breakfast gives a lot of choice, from cereals to the way of cooking eggs. The service was OK. I returned late after the show, but I was given my own key from the front door. The window I kept open and did suffered from any noise. They took money only on check-out. All in all, I would like to stay here more, maybe for longer

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I had my own single room and was quite happy, it was small and didn't have an ensuite but I had a bathroom across the hall that was soley for my use and I loved it. The road noise was quite intrusive but the windows were quite insulated, you just had to choose between the breeze and the noise.
Had everything I needed all within good walking distance to the riverbank.
I had read a few negative reviews but decided to go anyway and was very happy so it just proves that everyone has a different experience

1  Thank Alexandra C
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I initially tried to book online, but was forced to create a Paypal account to make payment, so I called instead.

I booked a single room at last minute and when I arrived was advised that my room was not ensuite. I had my own private facilities but they were across the hall, which was far from ideal. If I'd been advised over the phone I would not have booked.

The room was tiny, but a sufficient size for one person (I am small) and was clean and tidy. I didn't experience any problems with noise but did stay on a Monday night. The staff were fine, not over friendly but courteous. Breakfast was good. An 'average' review is inappropriate but I also feel a 'very good' is slightly over the top - one of those times when I need an in-between 'good' rating!

1  Thank Anna L
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

we stayed here for river festival wkend 5th to 7th july. lovely b&b clean comfy breakfast outstanding really good quality bacon sausage etc staff polite and helpful and great been able to park on site and leave cars all wkend without having to pay for parking great location with all amenities close by theatre bars restaurants etc realy nice little place

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank julie m
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The location was good with a short stroll into the town centre. There was ample parking if needed. We had a family room on the top floor which meant the traffic noise was not as bad. The room had a double bed and 3 single beds so good for families with small kids. It felt a bit cramped with our teenage kids, plus all using one bathroom. Our toilet did not flush and when we reported it to reception the lady said the previous occupant in the room had mentioned it that morning when checking out. It should have been fixed during the day!
The full English breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 33LaurenK
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Right in town centre 2 min walk from the market and river ,great parking. Everyone that has been putting negative reviews are just fussy and want things perfect. Would come back again did me and my family great. Helpful staff, great breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013