“Does The Job.”
Review of The Applegarth

The Applegarth
Reviewed 22 August 2013

If I'm being perfectly honest this is not the best B and B I have ever stayed in, however in terms of value and location it was definitely a find, only a few minutes walk from town and at a price well below the chains (you know the ones I mean).
If I have to be critical I found the mattress not to be in it first flush of youth and the decor and finish a bit lack lustre, however I found it was all clean and quite useable.
The breakfast was spot on, plenty of variety all nicely turned out with good service to boot.
In summary, in this location it's as good value as you're going to get, if you want better, be prepared to part with more money.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Three adults stayed in this lovely B&B for one night. The room was great, really big considering it had three singles and a double in there! The location was perfect, literally about 10 minutes walk to the RSC theatre, breakfast was nice - choice of how you'd like your eggs cooked with really friendly staff. Will definitely be booking here again on the next trip to Stratford - we couldn't have asked for a better location!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed at the Applegarth overnight in order to spend the following day in Stratford. The service was very good and the room clean and a little above average. We were able to leave the car parked at the Applegarth while we spent the following day walking around Stratford. It is on the very edge of the town centre. Good wifi and the breakfast was excellent. Should we return for a stay in Stratford upon Avon we shall certainly stay at the Applegarth.

1  Thank dyscolus
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Lovely little B&B, convenient for the center of town, private parking and didn't have to use the car all weekend, lovely clean room with tea/coffee facilities free internet and tv, the breakfast was second to none with unlimited tea/coffee cereals, fruit, yogurt, three different juices followed by a full english with combinations of your choice, lovely friendly staff who were very obliging will definately be booking again.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I would like to stay longer in such nice place
I came early, they let me to put my bags and use the bathroom. Not far from the railway station - about 15 min by foot. Close to the old city and only 8 min to SRC theatre. The single room on the 2nd floor was clean and not too small, the closet not big, but enough. On the tea tray there was even a small chocolate. My personal bathroom across the hall was big and well-stoked. The breakfast gives a lot of choice, from cereals to the way of cooking eggs. The service was OK. I returned late after the show, but I was given my own key from the front door. The window I kept open and did suffered from any noise. They took money only on check-out. All in all, I would like to stay here more, maybe for longer

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I had my own single room and was quite happy, it was small and didn't have an ensuite but I had a bathroom across the hall that was soley for my use and I loved it. The road noise was quite intrusive but the windows were quite insulated, you just had to choose between the breeze and the noise.
Had everything I needed all within good walking distance to the riverbank.
I had read a few negative reviews but decided to go anyway and was very happy so it just proves that everyone has a different experience

1  Thank Alexandra C
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I initially tried to book online, but was forced to create a Paypal account to make payment, so I called instead.

I booked a single room at last minute and when I arrived was advised that my room was not ensuite. I had my own private facilities but they were across the hall, which was far from ideal. If I'd been advised over the phone I would not have booked.

The room was tiny, but a sufficient size for one person (I am small) and was clean and tidy. I didn't experience any problems with noise but did stay on a Monday night. The staff were fine, not over friendly but courteous. Breakfast was good. An 'average' review is inappropriate but I also feel a 'very good' is slightly over the top - one of those times when I need an in-between 'good' rating!

1  Thank magicfish79